The New 24 Thread

Jason

Oh fuck that shit. Really. 24 writers just fuck off. That makes absolutely zero sense.

If Tony is the "big" player in this, then why did he warn Jack about the new threat at all? Or blow up the rockets. If Tony doesn't want to kill a multitude of cities, why didn't he just tell Jonas he wanted a single canister? If he wanted Jonas out the way, again it makes no sense. If he's worried about being pardoned, why have this play in the first place when his actions destroying the missiles was immunity enough? If he wants Jack out of the way permanently then why didn't he kill him about episode three when he was with Jack in Emersons basement?

It makes zero fucking sense. It makes no sense given Tonys previous actions. It's just bullshitty writing.

In five minutes 24 went from being brilliant to being ridiculous and I'm done with it. Consider the shark officially jumped.

Fucks sake.

What was up with the lawyer twist last night, what is that gaining?

Finally, someone sees how bad the writing is on this show. The 1st season was great, then it went downhill from there.

The President's daughter had that "look" after her escapade from a few hours prior. I thought that was pretty funny.

This is really far fetched, but why do I have a feeling that Walker is pregnant with Moss' child? Her facial expressions really showed something was clearly up other than losing a good co-worker.

[quote name='Go Skins' post='765680' date='Apr 21 2009, 08:40 AM']What was up with the lawyer twist last night, what is that gaining?

Finally, someone sees how bad the writing is on this show. The 1st season was great, then it went downhill from there.

The President's daughter had that "look" after her escapade from a few hours prior. I thought that was pretty funny.

This is really far fetched, but why do I have a feeling that Walker is pregnant with Moss' child? Her facial expressions really showed something was clearly up other than losing a good co-worker.[/quote]

Im thinking Moss had an affair with Walker while he was still married, hence the "I shouldnt be the one to call his ex-wife" comment.

As for the Tony thing, I dont really like it either. however, I think they will find a way for it to fit in with what happened in the past.

Tony is working for the people that were above Jonas and starkwood. The people above starkwood (the lawyer bitch and the dude she was talking to on the phone) had other motives for the bioweapon, not to use on innocent americans for their own personal benefit like Jonas was about to do just because starkwood wasnt being treated fairly in his eyes by the US government.

So Tony and whoever he is working for want the bioweapon for another reason, and apparently the 1 cannister is all they need. So Tony was still doing the right thing by blowing up the rest of the canisters because the people he is working for didnt want starkwood/jonas to launch the bioweapons the way jonas was about to do it.

[quote]If Tony is the "big" player in this, then why did he warn Jack about the new threat at all? Or blow up the rockets. If Tony doesn't want to kill a multitude of cities, why didn't he just tell Jonas he wanted a single canister? If he wanted Jonas out the way, again it makes no sense. If he's worried about being pardoned, why have this play in the first place when his actions destroying the missiles was immunity enough? If he wants Jack out of the way permanently then why didn't he kill him about episode three when he was with Jack in Emersons basement?[/quote]

1. Every thing Tony has done so far was for a good reason for his ultimate motives. He warned Jack because either a) he was hoping jack would get killed in the white house or B) more then likely he just thought it was still the right thing to do. I dont think Tony is trying to kill too many innocent people, especially not the president, but that might be just me. I think he has his own motives.

2. Jonas didnt know Tony was working for the same people he was.

3. I dont think it has anything to do with a pardon.

4. I dont think he wants Jack dead, as he said "I told you just to stay out of this". He is still Jacks friend, he didnt want Jack to die in this process, but if thats what has to happen for him to get his way he'll do it.

5. I think everything Tony has done to make him look like a good guy were for two reasons, 1) to be in with the FBI and Jack and everyone and during the process be able to do a lot of things he wouldnt otherwise be able to do, such as steal a cannister. 2) I think he honestly did some things for the good of the country as well, I think he has his own motives, but I dont think his motives are to be a terrorist adn kill a bunch of innocent people.

The key here is that the people that Tony works for are not the same kind of people as Jonas and starkwood. They have their own motives for obtaining the bioweapon but I dont think it is so they can kill innocent Americans.

• 2 weeks later...
26 years of living in the DC area and I had no idea a Washington Square Metro stop existed. I seriously couldn't quit laughing, at least they got one color right (the red line goes from Rockville, MD to Silver Spring, MD via downtown DC). I love how Pierce turned the tables last night, which wasn't a surprise, but I liked it. Shocker that Kim was used as bait, they should use her for something else.

[quote name='Go Skins' post='777321' date='May 19 2009, 11:13 AM']Well, the ending certainly opened a lot of possibilities for next season, but no surprise what Kim helps out daddy, which everyone saw coming. Is Walker really resigning?[/quote]

I didn't take it as her resigning, but as in her not wearing her badge when she takes Wilson's "questioning" to a new (aka unethical) level.

I liked the finale, but I was kind of disappointed by the anti-climactic final half hour.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='777692' date='May 20 2009, 04:47 PM']who would watch tv on a computer monitor?

craziness[/quote]

I watched the whole season of 24 and Heros on my monitor since I had school on monday nights. (granted I have a big ass monitor)

Two new characters for next season:
[url="http://www.tvguide.com/News/24-Westfeldt-Diamantopoulos-1006338.aspx"]http://www.tvguide.com/News/24-Westfeldt-D...os-1006338.aspx[/url]

The cast for 24's eighth season, to be set (if not entirely filmed) in New York City, is starting to assemble.

Jennifer Westfeldt, who had a memorable guest-starring arc on Grey's Anatomy/Private Practice this season — and who gets to call Mad Man Jon Hamm her beau — will fill the recurring role of Meredith Reed.

Described by the Hollywood Reporter as "an ambitious journalist," Reed has ties to Arman Hashemi, a Middle East leader who is in the U.S. on a peacemaking mission — and, 24 being 24, is ripe for an assassination attempt.

As previously reported, Hashemi will be played by Anil Kapoor (Slumdog Millionaire's "Regis").

Also, Chris Diamantopoulos (The Starter Wife, the Becki Newton's husband) has been cast in the series regular role of Rob Weiss, President Allison Taylor's new chief of staff. (I reckon predecessor Ethan Kanin had his fill of treacherous First Kids.)

Of course, CTU needs to be compromised by new faces, so John Boyd (The Notorious Bettie Page) will join the cast as systems analyst/inevitable mole suspect Jonah Schwartz.

Season 8 of Fox's 24 premieres Jan. 17, 2010, with a two-night, four-hour event.

[quote]John Boyd (The Notorious Bettie Page) will join the cast as systems analyst/[b]inevitable mole suspect[/b] Jonah Schwartz.[/quote]

Lmfao. Shows how stale the writing is.

In other news, MrsVB stuck with 24 to the end, even though I couldn't. I read an interview with the director/producer after the whole Tony reveal in which he said to those complaining that they can't moan until they've seen it all, and that Tonys motives and actions will all make sense at the end.

We both agreed they didn't.

Until Hodges was caught, this was the best season yet. Afterwards it made S6 look epic.

[quote name='VonBlade' post='779143' date='May 28 2009, 10:31 AM']Lmfao. Shows how stale the writing is.

In other news, MrsVB stuck with 24 to the end, even though I couldn't. I read an interview with the director/producer after the whole Tony reveal in which he said to those complaining that they can't moan until they've seen it all, and that Tonys motives and actions will all make sense at the end.

We both agreed they didn't.

Until Hodges was caught, this was the best season yet. Afterwards it made S6 look epic.[/quote]

I disagree, i thought the tony thing kinda worked. Michelle being pregnant also changed things a little bit. His whole motive in this whole thing was to kill the guy in charge of killing his wife.

Also the scene with tony and jack where tony was yelling at him about how he pretty much saved the day over and over again was a pretty good scene.

OH and Freddie Prinze Jr has been casted as the head of field ops for CTU as a jack bauer wannabe...

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='779213' date='May 28 2009, 03:15 PM']I disagree, i thought the tony thing kinda worked. Michelle being pregnant also changed things a little bit. His whole motive in this whole thing was to kill the guy in charge of killing his wife.

Also the scene with tony and jack where tony was yelling at him about how he pretty much saved the day over and over again was a pretty good scene.

[color="#FF0000"]OH and Freddie Prinze Jr has been casted as the head of field ops for CTU as a jack bauer wannabe...[/color][/quote]

:nasty:

• 2 weeks later...
Another new character:

[url="http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/06/exc"]http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/06/exc[/url] ... katee.html

Suddenly, I find myself counting the minutes until 24's new season. Perhaps this is why: Katee Sackhoff is joining the cast!

Sources confirm to me exclusively that the Battlestar Galactica heroine has been tapped to play the series regular role of Dana Walsh, a highly respected and down-to-earth data analyst at the new and improved New York branch of CTU.

Translation: Chloe-Starbuck catfight alert!

This fraktastic casting coup hit a road block last week when Sackhoff abruptly took herself out of the running, prompting me to post this blind item. But late Friday, word surfaced that the BSG badass was once again in the mix.

Here's more scoop on Sackhoff's character...

She's in a relationship with fellow agent Davis Cole (played by the just-cast Freddie Prinze. Jr.), and she apparently has a skeleton in her closet she's trying desperately to keep hidden.

(This was on ew.com yesterday).

[quote name='Go Skins' post='779369' date='May 29 2009, 11:00 AM'][b]This is the last year of Keifer being contracted, correct?[/b]

Freddie Prinze Jr. - that is funny. He reminds me of Curtis Manning from several years back.[/quote]

I don't know what his contract status is, but I have heard he is willing to do the show as long as they want him.

• 7 months later...
[b]From the 1-25-2010 episode:[/b] This Jenny Scott angle is really getting stupid, and her "secret" was lame in my opinion. Seriously, I would have called the guys bluff and walked away. That guy that "covered" for Jenny while she was away is going to turn her in somehow to Hastings, and it will all come out, in due time. Renee is doing a good acting job since this is completely different than what she did last season. Chloe once again knows more than what it appears, you can tell by her facial expressions.

Archived