one question...

[quote name='Nukem41' post='763790' date='Apr 14 2009, 09:54 PM']Bigger fan base. Bigger national appeal.[/quote]

They finished last in the division behind a Bengals team that essentially played the entire season with their 2nd string QB. What a mess, the only thing worse than this is the fact that the Steelers have one of the easiest schedules in the league.

[quote name='NASTYNATI' post='763794' date='Apr 14 2009, 09:58 PM'][b]They finished last in the division behind a Bengals team that essentially played the entire season with their 2nd string QB.[/b] What a mess, the only thing worse than this is the fact that the Steelers have one of the easiest schedules in the league.[/quote]

So? They got a big name coach that the media loves.

[quote name='Nukem41' post='763797' date='Apr 14 2009, 10:01 PM']So? They got a big name coach that the media loves.[/quote]

He's a big name coach, but the media, at least the local media, hates Mangini. Mangini's well known for not letting his players speak with the media and restricts their access.

[quote name='Nukem41' post='763796' date='Apr 14 2009, 09:00 PM']Eh. I believe the Browns is bigger and I bet whoever makes the schedule does too.[/quote]

there are probably 20 other bigger markets, than the browns, even if they are bigger than the bengals as you assume, so i doubt that has anything to with it in the first place..

what is it that makes you think its so much bigger anyway?

they got almost no primetime games for EVER before last season... whats the excuse then?

[quote name='GoBengals' post='763800' date='Apr 14 2009, 10:11 PM']there are probably 20 other bigger markets, than the browns, even if they are bigger than the bengals as you assume, so i doubt that has anything to with it in the first place..

what is it that makes you think its so much bigger anyway?

they got almost no primetime games for EVER before last season... whats the excuse then?[/quote]

ESPN Ranks the Browns Fanbase as #3 in the NFL and the Bengals #26.

The Browns have had a lot more years to create a fanbase. I would hazard a guess that their fanbase is double if not tripple that of the Bengals, especially on a National Level.

[quote name='Mattyc' post='763804' date='Apr 14 2009, 08:23 PM']ESPN Ranks the Browns Fanbase as #3 in the NFL and the Bengals #26.

The Browns have had a lot more years to create a fanbase. I would hazard a guess that their fanbase is double if not tripple that of the Bengals, especially on a National Level.[/quote]
Yeah, and the Raiders are probably in the top 5 too, because both teams have a recognized section of their stadiums where grownups like to play dress up and look all menacing and shit, and the TV cameras eat it up. And both teams suck worse than the Bengals.

[quote name='Montana Bengal' post='763805' date='Apr 14 2009, 10:23 PM']Maybe Mangini coming in has something to do with it?[/quote]

That and they have a bigger fan base. If the Bengals canned Marvin and hired Mike Shanahan or some other recognizable name then they would have a prime time game.... prob yearly.

[quote name='Nukem41' post='763808' date='Apr 14 2009, 10:36 PM']That and they have a bigger fan base. If the Bengals canned Marvin and hired Mike Shanahan or some other recognizable name then they would have a prime time game.... prob yearly.[/quote]

As long as we kick their ass both games, I hope they have a bigger fan base, since it gives me more people to talk about!!

:lol: :lol:

[quote name='Mattyc' post='763804' date='Apr 14 2009, 09:23 PM']ESPN Ranks the Browns Fanbase as #3 in the NFL and the Bengals #26.

The Browns have had a lot more years to create a fanbase. I would hazard a guess that their fanbase is double if not tripple that of the Bengals, especially on a National Level.[/quote]

that seems crazy.

for such a large fanbase.. their stadium is awfully empty a LOT... and they always have single game tickets available.

guess my perception is wrong.

fair enough.

Archived