Need a TV?

I posted this in the general discussion forum also......I figured this may be the more appropriate place tho and will delete the gen discussion thread after a couple of days.

I am selling my 42" Sharp Aquos LCD HDTV......it's 1080p and has the new 120hz processor. It's pretty much brand new and comes with a 3 yr in home warranty that I bought. I'm selling it for various reasons that I will not get into right now. Again, the tv is in brand new condition, model # is LC-42D85U. I paid $1250 for the tv + warranty only 2 months ago (actually even less than 2 months ago) and am asking $975. Anyways, PM me if you're interested or to ask questions etc....

I need to sell this ASAP so the first reasonable offer will be accepted.

[quote name='The Entertainer' post='777525' date='May 20 2009, 09:15 AM']This TV is nice! I can't believe you're selling it already. Anyone who buys this gets a very nice TV for a nice price.[/quote]

It is nice........beautiful actually. I'm taking a nice hit by selling it also but I've weighed the pros and cons and decided I will sell it. I can't believe it hasn't sold yet (actually it may be sold on Friday)....Amazon sell this same tv at approx $1150 - $1200 and that's w/o a warranty.

[quote name='IKOTA' post='777591' date='May 20 2009, 10:53 AM']It is nice........beautiful actually. I'm taking a nice hit by selling it also but I've weighed the pros and cons and decided I will sell it. I can't believe it hasn't sold yet (actually it may be sold on Friday)....Amazon sell this same tv at approx $1150 - $1200 and that's w/o a warranty.[/quote]

if i didnt have $770 to pay the bengals by months end I would be all over this myself, I want to upgrade my 37" to a 42, then my 32" to my 37" and give my 32 to my kids so I can watch something other than Noggin in my own house...

but sadly I barely have the $770 at the moment, let alone another $975..

good luck, someones GOT to grab this..

[quote name='GoBengals' post='777593' date='May 20 2009, 12:37 PM']if i didnt have $770 to pay the bengals by months end I would be all over this myself, I want to upgrade my 37" to a 42, then my 32" to my 37" and give my 32 to my kids so I can watch something other than Noggin in my own house...

good luck, someones GOT to grab this..[/quote]

Thanks......I'm confident it will be sold sooner than later....everyone's looking for the 120hz refresh rates these days so I'm optimistic about it. But if it doesn't sell for some reason and you're back on the market for one......holla at me. I'll close/delete this thread once it does sell so as long as it's open, it's available.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='777593' date='May 20 2009, 12:07 PM'][b]if i didnt have $770 to pay the bengals [/b]by months end I would be all over this myself, I want to upgrade my 37" to a 42, then my 32" to my 37" and give my 32 to my kids so I can watch something other than Noggin in my own house...

good luck, someones GOT to grab this..[/quote]
And here I thought the Bengals paid you for your pro-Bratkowski rants!

:ninja:

[quote name='IKOTA' post='777599' date='May 20 2009, 12:20 PM']Thanks.....I'm confident it will be sold sooner than later....everyone's looking for the 120hz refresh rates these days so I'm optimistic about it. But if it doesn't sell for some reason and you're back on the market for one......holla at me. I'll close/delete this thread once it does sell so as long as it's open, it's available.[/quote]

Any idea what it would cost to ship? If you haven't gotten rid of it in a week or two I'll become seriously interested, but I can't commit at this moment.

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' post='777677' date='May 20 2009, 05:29 PM']And here I thought the Bengals paid you for your pro-Bratkowski rants!

:ninja:

Any idea what it would cost to ship? If you haven't gotten rid of it in a week or two I'll become seriously interested, but I can't commit at this moment.[/quote]

If this thread is still open in a week or two, then that means the tv is still available.

As for shipping, I imagine it would cost somewhere in the $75 - $100 range. I have an acct with both FedEx and UPS and can pre-pay the freight as my company gets a nice discount with both carriers. I still have the original packaging (box, all the foam cushioning and all that good stuff) so I wouldn't be opposed to shipping it I guess.....would contact FedEx or UPS to inquire about their confidence that the tv would make it safely and rates. I'll PM you and let you know what I find if I still have the tv in 1 - 2 wks.

Actually, after doing a sample shipment via FedEx-Ground Home Delivery......choosing an address in Newark, NJ (the IHOP at 109 Bergen Street, 07103) as I know you're in NJ.......the estimated total for this shipment was approx $40. I knew I got a discount with FedEx but not that nice of a discount. Anyways, just thought I should let you know as it's significantly less than $75-$100 that I originally thought. Also, it will only take 2 days to get to NJ.

[quote name='IKOTA' post='778166' date='May 22 2009, 10:49 AM']Actually, after doing a sample shipment via FedEx-Ground Home Delivery......choosing an address in Newark, NJ (the IHOP at 109 Bergen Street, 07103) as I know you're in NJ.......the estimated total for this shipment was approx $40. I knew I got a discount with FedEx but not that nice of a discount. Anyways, just thought I should let you know as it's significantly less than $75-$100 that I originally thought. Also, it will only take 2 days to get to NJ.[/quote]
Cool, thats not bad at all. We've been in the market for a TV lately and this is a good deal. I'll check back after the weekend, though I am pretty forgetful so send me a PM if its still available and you haven't heard from me.

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' post='778993' date='May 27 2009, 03:30 PM']Cool, thats not bad at all. We've been in the market for a TV lately and this is a good deal. I'll check back after the weekend, though I am pretty forgetful so send me a PM if its still available and you haven't heard from me.[/quote]

You got it.

I am lowering the price to $925........for the love of God.......someone needs to take advantage of this deal. You're saving close to $400.

Rumble, buy this shit and put it in your fancy restaurant.........FonDO it! DO it!

[img]http://www.gifbin.com/bin/1234525508_ben_stiller_-_do_it.gif[/img]

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='780273' date='Jun 3 2009, 09:01 PM']i got two at the bar dude. i want one for my apartment but i want like a 60" though. bigger is better, is what she said B)[/quote]

Three tv's at the bar is the perfect amount........that would set off the bar area like you wouldnt believe. :lol:

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='780474' date='Jun 4 2009, 03:17 PM']Just out of curiousity, where are you located?[/quote]

I'm in Nigeria.......as soon as the cashier's check clears, I will have my brother who is storing the tv for me currently deliver it to you free of charge. Please hurry as he needs a transplant ASAP.

No seriously, I'm in West Chester, OH......a suburb of Cincinnati up I-75 before you reach Miamisburg/Centerville/Middletown area.

[quote name='IKOTA' post='780740' date='Jun 5 2009, 12:25 PM'][color="#FF0000"]I'm in Nigeria.......as soon as the cashier's check clears, I will have my brother who is storing the tv for me currently deliver it to you free of charge. Please hurry as he needs a transplant ASAP.[/color]

No seriously, I'm in West Chester, OH......a suburb of Cincinnati up I-75 before you reach Miamisburg/Centerville/Middletown area.[/quote]

Do you know the guy that kidnapped my sister in London? She sent a facebook chat to two of my friends yesterday begging for help from a local libary, I sent money but dont know if she was let go or not. :o

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='780750' date='Jun 5 2009, 02:27 PM']Do you know the guy that kidnapped my sister in London? She sent a facebook chat to two of my friends yesterday begging for help from a local libary, I sent money but dont know if she was let go or not. :o[/quote]

So.......any word from your sister? :ninja:

Archived