Bengals Hard Knocks commercial

[quote]A wideout with those kind of yardage numbers should at LEAST have double digit touchdowns.[/quote]

Including all WRs and RBs, only 23 players scored more TDs than Chad Johnson's 8 that season. Only 12 WRs scored more TDs.

I see a player ranked 3rd with 1,400+ yards, ranked 13th with 8 TDs in 2007. At some point you have to wonder if people aren't just looking for something to be negative about. I admit, I'll take that season from my no. 1 receiver every year and expect to have a highly ranked passing game.

i am on board with chad has to go. the Bengals need to worry about what it takes to be winners. they dont need to worry about a prim a dona wide receiver who wants out. this is getting so old. this team is built around palmer not chad. palmer should make receivers like Caldwell and Simpson good. he doesn't need an elite receiver types like chad. the season hasnt started and i am already sick of hearing this shit. the sad thing about this is why does every good Bengal have to leave on bad terms. dillion, spikes, pickens, even boomer until he came back and now what looks to be chad. the Bengals are a team with out a lot of good history. the few good ones always leave the same way badly. what is sad is that chad should be remembered as a great entertaining player, but now he will be remembered as a whinning bitch

[quote name='Bunghole' post='778036' date='May 21 2009, 08:42 PM']So what about 2008? We're expected to forget his "Superbowl Tour" of publicly whining to any and all media outlets that would lend him an ear that he felt unwanted, underused, underpaid and whatever else his pea-brain (and agent) could concoct as reasons why he hated it here? He just wanted to win, right?
Get the fuck outta here.

And what about when he DID finally show up for mandatories last year, remember that? "Oh yeah, I've got bone spurs, I can't practice, I need an operation". The operation he was advised to get in the offseason, he put it off...on purpose, so he'd have an excuse to not practice yet still get paid.

Oh yeah, boo-hoo, my supposedly torn labrum. Get that shit operated on too, Chad, you cocksucker.

Chad swings his dick around, has at least a few illegitimate kids with a few different women (a mark of manhood for a gangsta, to be sure), and likes to spend his money. I bet he's damn near broke. Or at least thinks he is.

I really don't care what he thinks. He's under contract and should play, and play hard. He didn't do shit last year, and from watching the games I can tell you...it wasn't just because Fitzpatrick was the QB. Chad just meandered around out there like a ship without a rudder. He absolutely loafed through the season and blamed his shoulder like the big fat pussy that he is. What a fucking wimp.

Draw your own conclusions, but that's what I saw, and there really isn't any denying his dickheaded, egomaniacal behavior.

The Bengals biggest mistake in this draft was not trading him...even a fifth rounder would have been nice.[/quote]

Hey, Christian Bale, your post screams of crazy! Why would you quote me, yet not adress ANYTHING in the quote? Why? You just went on a crazy train ride to nuttsville.

You have an extreme personal dislike for Chad Johnson, fine by me, man. But you're dillusional if you disagree with what I said in my post you quoted. Your incredibly unhealthy hatred is remarkable.

I get that people hate Chad Johnson. I get that. But some of you jerkoffs have said far far worse things about him personally (things you have no proof of or insight to) then he ever saiHey, Christian Bale, your post screams of crazy! Why would you quote me, yet not address ANYTHING in the quote? Why? You just went on a crazy train ride to nuttsville.

You have an extreme personal dislike for Chad Johnson, fine by me, man. But you're delusional if you disagree with what I said in my post you quoted. Your incredibly unhealthy hatred is remarkable.

I get that people hate Chad Johnson. I get that. But some of you jerkoffs have said far far worse things about him personally (things you have no proof of or insight to) then he ever said about the Bengals. You just brought his kids into it, man. Nothing about football, but his kids?

Some of you unbalanced shitbags need to get a grip.

[quote name='Palmer9' post='778057' date='May 21 2009, 08:53 PM']Hey, Christian Bale, your post screams of crazy! Why would you quote me, yet not adress ANYTHING in the quote? Why? You just went on a crazy train ride to nuttsville.

You have an extreme personal dislike for Chad Johnson, fine by me, man. But you're dillusional if you disagree with what I said in my post you quoted. Your incredibly unhealthy hatred is remarkable.

I get that people hate Chad Johnson. I get that. But some of you jerkoffs have said far far worse things about him personally (things you have no proof of or insight to) then he ever saiHey, Christian Bale, your post screams of crazy! Why would you quote me, yet not address ANYTHING in the quote? Why? You just went on a crazy train ride to nuttsville.

You have an extreme personal dislike for Chad Johnson, fine by me, man. But you're delusional if you disagree with what I said in my post you quoted. Your incredibly unhealthy hatred is remarkable.

I get that people hate Chad Johnson. I get that. But some of you jerkoffs have said far far worse things about him personally (things you have no proof of or insight to) then he ever said about the Bengals. You just brought his kids into it, man. Nothing about football, but his kids?

Some of you unbalanced shitbags need to get a grip.[/quote]
Shitbag? Delusional? Christian Bale? Jerkoff? Are you fucking insane?

Take a vacation why don't you. I addressed the issues on your post, you didn't address anything I said. You just went on a namecalling tirade worthy of a fifteen year old. Which is why I no longer can tolerate you.

[quote name='scharm' post='778050' date='May 21 2009, 08:37 PM']Including all WRs and RBs, only 23 players scored more TDs than Chad Johnson's 8 that season. Only 12 WRs scored more TDs.

I see a player ranked 3rd with 1,400+ yards, ranked 13th with 8 TDs in 2007. At some point you have to wonder if people aren't just looking for something to be negative about. I admit, I'll take that season from my no. 1 receiver every year and expect to have a highly ranked passing game.[/quote]
Jeez, only TWELVE wideouts scored more TD's than Chad in 2007? Wow. He must be top 5!

Don't you see where this is going? Sure, his stats in 2007 were good. Great, even. But goshdarnit, 1400 yards and 90 plus catches should translate into more TD's than that. Why didn't they? Why not?

I am not mocking you nor am I saying that 8 TD's isn't good...it is. Pretty good. But for all the hemming and hawing going on about how great Chad thinks he is, he should have had at least 12 TD's...and they should have been spread out more, not having 6 of them occur in two games (Titans, Dolphins).

It's very much like Adam Dunn and his 40 homeruns. Solo homers look nice travelling over the wall, and everyone "oohs and ahhs" over them. But did they really matter?

Chad giving up on even that [i]one[/i] play when he fumbled against Arizona in the redzone in 2007 mattered more to me. It spoke volumes about his desire. We could have made the playoffs that year if his head was in the game. It wasn't. He's a me-first player. And a good one. But not that good. He can't hold TO's jock.

[quote]Don't you see where this is going? Sure, his stats in 2007 were good. Great, even. But goshdarnit, 1400 yards and 90 plus catches should translate into more TD's than that. Why didn't they? Why not?[/quote]

Bengals ranked 11th in scoring that year. I'm not sure where this conversation is going.

Your number 1 WR made the pro bowl and despite what others have said the stats he produced certainly warranted the invite.

The team threw for more than 4,000 yards that season.

I honestly don't know what people are bitching about. I'll take that season from my no. 1 WR every year and I'll take that passing game every year.

If I'm going to bitch about something it's going to be about the lack of running production and Brat's inability to make teams pay for the bracket coverage shown to Chad and TJ.

It's been that way for a while now. There's not a whole lot of realistic stuff the passing game can do to reach the next level. Are they supposed to throw for 4,500 yards? 5,000? Sure that would be great.

I don't see a whole lot of common sense knocking down the No. 1 WR in a passing offense that produces over 4,000 yards. I'd almost like to see less passing yards (a little) and more running yards (alot more).

So in conclusion I have no idea where this conversation is going. IMO, looks like alot bullshit being thrown around because some people got their panties all tied in a knot.

[quote name='scharm' post='778075' date='May 21 2009, 09:04 PM']Bengals ranked 11th in scoring that year. I'm not sure where this conversation is going.

Your number 1 WR made the pro bowl and despite what others have said the stats he produced certainly warranted the invite.

The team threw for more than 4,000 yards that season.

I honestly don't know what people are bitching about. I'll take that season from my no. 1 WR every year and I'll take that passing game every year.

If I'm going to bitch about something it's going to be about the lack of running production and Brat's inability to make teams pay for the bracket coverage shown to Chad and TJ.

It's been that way for a while now. There's not a whole lot of realistic stuff the passing game can do to reach the next level. Are they supposed to throw for 4,500 yards? 5,000? Sure that would be great.

I don't see a whole lot of common sense knocking down the No. 1 WR in a passing offense that produces over 4,000 yards. I'd almost like to see less passing yards (a little) and more running yards (alot more).

So in conclusion I have no idea where this conversation is going. IMO, looks like alot bullshit being thrown around because some people got their panties all tied in a knot.[/quote]
Hey look man, I'm with you on the running game being more productive. It needs to be. It HAS to be. We did indeed pass for some ungodly amount of yards in 2007, because we HAD to. But TJ had the better season by far. And at the end of the day, none of that translated into a winning season anyway, so all it is is a bunch of meaningless gaudy stats.

My sole point in this bitchfest isn't that Chad isn't good...he obviously is. But he's been gliding on talent and not doing the little things (that he swore he would be working on) to make himself and hence, the team, better. Like he supposedly used to. He isn't that same player anymore, and I think he's regressing, almost on purpose.

He refuses to block, even though he said he would do better at it.

He publicly said he knew he needed to work on his YAC, and he didn't. His YAC sucks ass. His TD's suck ass. He knows it, you know it and I know it. 8 TD's against 1400 yards is pretty lame. No matter how you slice it. It's very Keyshawn Johnson-esque.

These are the kind of things that seperate the men from the boys. Chad could be the best wideout in the NFL. But he isn't, because he's so enamored of himself that he cannot see the forest (team) for the trees (himself).

So therefore I say screw him. I hope he does well and it helps the team, but I have my doubts. He was HORRIBLE last season, injury or no. If he was truly that injured, would the Bengals coaches have kept putting him out there? Why? Ticket sales? Gimme a break!

[quote name='Bunghole' post='778080' date='May 21 2009, 11:18 PM']Hey look man, I'm with you on the running game being more productive. It needs to be. It HAS to be. We did indeed pass for some ungodly amount of yards in 2007, because we HAD to. But TJ had the better season by far. And at the end of the day, none of that translated into a winning season anyway, so all it is is a bunch of meaningless gaudy stats.

My sole point in this bitchfest isn't that Chad isn't good...he obviously is. But he's been gliding on talent and not doing the little things (that he swore he would be working on) to make himself and hence, the team, better. Like he supposedly used to. He isn't that same player anymore, and I think he's regressing, almost on purpose.

He refuses to block, even though he said he would do better at it.

He publicly said he knew he needed to work on his YAC, and he didn't. His YAC sucks ass. His TD's suck ass. He knows it, you know it and I know it. 8 TD's against 1400 yards is pretty lame. No matter how you slice it. It's very Keyshawn Johnson-esque.

These are the kind of things that seperate the men from the boys. Chad could be the best wideout in the NFL. But he isn't, because he's so enamored of himself that he cannot see the forest (team) for the trees (himself).

So therefore I say screw him. I hope he does well and it helps the team, but I have my doubts. He was HORRIBLE last season, injury or no. If he was truly that injured, would the Bengals coaches have kept putting him out there? Why? Ticket sales? Gimme a break![/quote]

Bottomline: Chad doesn't go negative nelly last offseason there would be a whole lot of people still singing his praises. Nothing wrong with his effort or production. People see what they want to see.

What other explanation is there?

Chris Henry an individual whose off the field behavior has done a ton to hurt this football team way more than Chad. A player who has halfed assed on the field way more than Chad. Is all of sudden the fan darling. Why?

Well Chad hurt people's feelings.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='778036' date='May 22 2009, 08:42 AM']So what about 2008? We're expected to forget his "Superbowl Tour" of publicly whining to any and all media outlets that would lend him an ear that he felt unwanted, underused, underpaid and whatever else his pea-brain (and agent) could concoct as reasons why he hated it here? He just wanted to win, right?
Get the fuck outta here.

And what about when he DID finally show up for mandatories last year, remember that? "Oh yeah, I've got bone spurs, I can't practice, I need an operation". The operation he was advised to get in the offseason, he put it off...on purpose, so he'd have an excuse to not practice yet still get paid.

Oh yeah, boo-hoo, my supposedly torn labrum. Get that shit operated on too, Chad, you cocksucker.

Chad swings his dick around, has at least a few illegitimate kids with a few different women (a mark of manhood for a gangsta, to be sure), and likes to spend his money. I bet he's damn near broke. Or at least thinks he is.

I really don't care what he thinks. He's under contract and should play, and play hard. He didn't do shit last year, and from watching the games I can tell you...it wasn't just because Fitzpatrick was the QB. Chad just meandered around out there like a ship without a rudder. He absolutely loafed through the season and blamed his shoulder like the big fat pussy that he is. What a fucking wimp.

Draw your own conclusions, but that's what I saw, and there really isn't any denying his dickheaded, egomaniacal behavior.

The Bengals biggest mistake in this draft was not trading him...even a fifth rounder would have been nice.[/quote]
YES!

[quote name='Bunghole' post='778048' date='May 22 2009, 09:26 AM']A wideout with those kind of yardage numbers should at LEAST have double digit touchdowns. His inability to score underscores (hehe) his unwillingness to catch balls over the middle and make a play after the catch. Chad's YAC is not good, because he is generally falling into the fetal position after making a catch (many of which are amazing, I'll grant you).

I'll also agree that anyone pointing towards Chris Henry at this stage of the game as Chad's replacement are nuts. He may be poised to have a great year, and I certainly hope so, but history is not on his side. I would argue that it is Coles that will have a terrific year with Carson at the helm. Henry will likely contribute quite a bit, but there is no way he's ready to be the #1 wideout. I'd sure like to be wrong on that. I'm rooting for the guy to get his shit together on the field and put together a monster season. I just don't see it.[/quote]
YES AGAIN!

If henry has indeed turned the corner (and lost the alligator arms he's occasionally displayed) this team won't miss s beat. If he, or the young'n's struggle, we're going to have some issues, as Coles can't carry the O by himself, methinks..

Though, since Coles both run blocks, and goes over the middle, and runs after the catch, maybe he can? Should be interesting to see how this season plays out.

[quote name='scharm' post='778082' date='May 21 2009, 10:24 PM']Bottomline: Chad doesn't go negative nelly last offseason there would be a whole lot of people still singing his praises. Nothing wrong with his effort or production. People see what they want to see.

What other explanation is there?

Chris Henry an individual whose off the field behavior has done a ton to hurt this football team way more than Chad. A player who has halfed assed on the field way more than Chad. Is all of sudden the fan darling. Why?

Well Chad hurt people's feelings.[/quote]
But dude, only in the mind of the most delusional Bengals fans was Chris Henry EVER held to the same expectations that Chad was. Why would anyone? The production is on Chad's side, right? Chad never got into trouble, he just punched out coaches during the playoffs! BIG difference!

To me, Chris Henry is irrelevant to this discussion anyway, until Henry (Allah be praised) shows he is worthy of being more than a #3 wideout in this league.

And by all reports, Henry works as hard as Chad ON the field. It's apples and oranges, man. Henry is the [i]off the field [/i]rotten apple, and Chad has become the [i]on the field[/i] sour Valencia orange.

Just because Chad has never been an official criminal doesn't mean he isn't a self-serving asshole that cares about money more than anything. More power to him...he's in the right business and playing the right position in order to act that way. But he's overrating himself and losing fans by the shitload in the process. But why should he care? He's Chad Ochocinco!!

[quote]And by all reports, Henry works as hard as Chad ON the field.[/quote]

What reports? There have been plenty that suggest Chris Henry doesn't put effort into his on field work. Sure you have the QB singing his praises now, today mostly because Chad has not been seen or heard.

[quote name='scharm' post='778145' date='May 22 2009, 09:26 AM']What reports? [b]There have been plenty that suggest Chris Henry doesn't put effort into his on field work.[/b] Sure you have the QB singing his praises now, today mostly because Chad has not been seen or heard.[/quote]

Really? When?

I'm not baiting you, I just really don't remember reports about Henry not putting effort in on the field. I know there was the game where CP got in his face for not extending for a tough catch (to avoid a hit). But I'm not sure you can extrapolate that one action into a general trend.

Also, this seems a very polarized argument. On one side, some people can't seem to see anything than the fact that Chad has been a dickhead, and are letting his personal slights color their memory of his achievements.. And on the other, some people only see the numbers and ignore the fact that Chad HAS changed (at least on the outside).

The fact is that Chad is a record setting receiver for the Bengals. He is most definitely in the conversation for the best WR in franchise history. And had he not derailed the past couple years, he would likely be in the discussion for Canton (it may not be too late).

He is also an egotistical prima donna that really has never exhibited much in the way of "Heart" (blocking, breaking tackles etc). He is obviously self centered (most WR are), but his exhibitionism screams "look at me" in the ultimate team sport, playing for a franchise and a city who's identity is firmly rooted in subtle down to earth mid-western values.

All this was fine and the city embraced him because he seemed to really want to be the best, and he wanted to take us with him.. And then when CP got here, everyone had visions of sugarplums dancing in their heads..... A historic QB WR duo and multiple Superbowls.

Then something changed. Chad stopped sleeping at the stadium. Chad stopped showing up for voluntaries.. This may have been fine except other things happened too, and the Bengals were going backwards. This might have been fine as well for the fans, but Chad started to change.. Gone was the energetic, contagiously silly and fun Chad Johnson. This new Chad was sour, pouty and angry.

Now why this change occured is certainly up for debate. But regardless, it resulted in a downward spiral that left Chad screaming to get out, and a fan base that felt betrayed. Betrayed because we DID love Chad Johnson, betrayed because of how things could have been.

How they SHOULD have been.

And now it seems that is gone. And all that is left is hurt feelings and anger. The fans feel personally rejected (though this may not be the case in reality), and Chad, I believe, does as well.

Maybe things can still be right.. This coming season will uncover much.

It seems to me that the predominate concensus across the land (save a few potstirrers) is that the Chad has gone Bad, and been stinking up the room since 05.

They went to T.J on third down. They went to T.J on fourth Down. They looked to T.J for the Game winner.

Now I could be wrong but I infer from those action that "They" don't trust him to make the catch; which makes me wonder why, other than making a point, they hold on to him. To command an occasional double team?

Ho Hum.

The Bengals should make for an interesting 5 episodes.

I'm seriously hoping that Dr. Dre's Vanity gets him into camp on time for his wide angle close up on H.B.O. But when one is talking about a couple of million here and there . . . thats's a lot of humvees and jelly bisquits.

[quote name='The Scales' post='778183' date='May 23 2009, 01:30 AM']It seems to me that the predominate concensus across the land (save a few potstirrers) is that the Chad has gone Bad, and been stinking up the room since 05.

They went to T.J on third down. They went to T.J on fourth Down. They looked to T.J for the Game winner.

[b]Now I could be wrong but I infer from those action that "They" don't trust him to make the catch; which makes me wonder why, other than making a point, they hold on to him. To command an occasional double team? [/b]

Ho Hum.

The Bengals should make for an interesting 5 episodes.

I'm seriously hoping that Dr. Dre's Vanity gets him into camp on time for his wide angle close up on H.B.O. But when one is talking about a couple of million here and there . . . thats's a lot of humvees and jelly bisquits.[/quote]
Very good question. Because I think you and Lucid have hit the nail on the head. The relationship has gone sour. The team's trust seems to have evaporated. Why in the hell did we pass up that trade last season? I will never understand it, myself.

The Bengals still go to Chad a lot for the big catch. Last season with the shoulder not so much but the year before they did. Remember 4th down against the Panthers, just to name one instance that jumps out right away. there is NO WAY TJ makes that catch, probably not Henry either.

[quote]Really? When?[/quote]

All the time. Marvin has made plenty of comments in a negative light toward Henry since his start with the bengals. There's been plenty of references of him being out of shape when he's returned from suspension. Even this past season there were reports that if Henry didn't get focused his time with the Bengals could be short. Marvin has commented several times that Henry needs to quit yapping and play. There have been reports from NFL people that claim Henry is only good a running two routes fly and the deep comeback and he hasn't put effort into becoming an all around receiver. His lack of playing time suggest that is true because his lack of effort on the field has translated into a limited role.

I'm trying to think of a time of when it wasn't an issue. If you really don't believe that, then answer this question: Where has he been when he returns from suspension? If his effort is so great and Chad's is so bad why the hell does he only record 19 catches in 12 ball games?

[quote]And had he not derailed the past couple years,[/quote]

He got derailed last season. As mentioned before in 2007 he was on pace to match Jerry Rice's single season yards record. A record that many think will never be broken. Last season of course was with Fitz as QB, ankle surgery, and shoulder injury. Is Carson derailed too?

[quote]It seems to me that the predominate concensus across the land (save a few potstirrers) is that the Chad has gone Bad, and been stinking up the room since 05.[/quote]

How do you see that? They have turned down trade requests. So a there are team that believe he is worth trading for and this team believes he is valuable enough not to trade. The rest is all hurt feelings etc.

I don't see a WR that's gone bad. Other NFL teams haven't seen it. The Bengals don't see it. There is a segment of the fan base that wants to see it, I guess.

[quote name='scharm' post='778228' date='May 22 2009, 03:09 PM']All the time. Marvin has made plenty of comments in a negative light toward Henry since his start with the bengals. There's been plenty of references of him being out of shape when he's returned from suspension. Even this past season there were reports that if Henry didn't get focused his time with the Bengals could be short. Marvin has commented several times that Henry needs to quit yapping and play. There have been reports from NFL people that claim Henry is only good a running two routes fly and the deep comeback and he hasn't put effort into becoming an all around receiver. His lack of playing time suggest that is true because his lack of effort on the field has translated into a limited role.

I'm trying to think of a time of when it wasn't an issue. If you really don't believe that, then answer this question: Where has he been when he returns from suspension? If his effort is so great and Chad's is so bad why the hell does he only record 19 catches in 12 ball games?

He got derailed last season. As mentioned before in 2007 he was on pace to match Jerry Rice's single season yards record. A record that many think will never be broken. Last season of course was with Fitz as QB, ankle surgery, and shoulder injury. Is Carson derailed too?

How do you see that? They have turned down trade requests. So a there are team that believe he is worth trading for and this team believes he is valuable enough not to trade. The rest is all hurt feelings etc.

I don't see a WR that's gone bad. Other NFL teams haven't seen it. The Bengals don't see it. There is a segment of the fan base that wants to see it, I guess.[/quote]

I think you and I are interpreting Marvin's comments differently. As far as why he performed so poorly after the suspension I really have no idea.. And I don't think you do either. Like I said, I am not arguing with you about the truth of it. I wanted you to show me something where someone said he wasn't working hard enough on the field. And frankly I could care less about what someone ouside of the organization says about it.

As far as saying "couple" ... Mea Culpa i guess. Apparantly that really just invalidates my entire point then... I guess.

Anyways, he was "derailing" before last year.. Perhaps you are one of the polar groups I was referring to.....

And I think that by "gone bad" he doesn't mean Chad has no ability left.. I think he was referring to his attitude, but I oculd be wrong.

[quote]I think you and I are interpreting Marvin's comments differently.[/quote]

How? It's been less than a year ago that Marvin basically came out and said he doesn't want Henry's ass on the team.

I'm confused how anybody could interpret that as a signal that Henry put in maxium effort.

[quote]As far as saying "couple" ... Mea Culpa i guess. Apparantly that really just invalidates my entire point then... I guess.[/quote]

Yeah, I would say that it does considering he's had 1 bad season in which he had an injury and joke of a QB.

[quote]Anyways, he was "derailing" before last year.. Perhaps you are one of the polar groups I was referring to.....[/quote]

Have no idea what you are talking about he has been a pro bowler 2003 through 2007 seasons. 2008 is the only season in which it turned up derailed and quite frankly there is legit reasons why.

[quote]And I think that by "gone bad" he doesn't mean Chad has no ability left.. I think he was referring to his attitude, but I oculd be wrong.[/quote]

Yeah, the Cincinnati bengal fan base has always been unbiased sources in determining an athlete's attitude has gone bad. How many times does this occur to one franchise? It's amazing how all these bad attitude lockeroom cancers just find their way into the bengals lockeroom.

[quote name='scharm' post='778286' date='May 22 2009, 11:18 PM']Yeah, the Cincinnati bengal fan base has always been unbiased sources in determining an athlete's attitude has gone bad. How many times does this occur to one franchise? It's amazing how all these bad attitude lockeroom cancers just find their way into the bengals lockeroom.[/quote]

I've read plenty of other NFL teams message boards and without question and i mean 100% there is always a player that is a magnet for negative attention. And the higher the profile the higher and more intense the feelings and opinions that flow. And a winning franchise vs. a losing franchise has nothing to do with the fanbase reaction.

Honestly, this whole "Bengal Fans" run players out of town thing makes no sense at all to me. <sigh>

[quote name='Phatcat' post='778302' date='May 22 2009, 11:13 PM']I've read plenty of other NFL teams message boards and without question and i mean 100% there is always a player that is a magnet for negative attention. And the higher the profile the higher and more intense the feelings and opinions that flow. And a winning franchise vs. a losing franchise has nothing to do with the fanbase reaction.

Honestly, this whole "Bengal Fans" run players out of town thing makes no sense at all to me. <sigh>[/quote]
But in this case, didn't Chad run himself out of town? I don't think people really started hating on him so much until this whole "trade me trade me" stuff started to come out. Not that he wasn't a dickbag before that, but it seems like he has less and less defenders all the time now.

Chad's down fall was when he hired Drew Rosenhaus.
A lof ot people here called it when he was hired.
Now, some people act like they don't know what happened,
or like Chad just had "one bad season".

People can point to stats and Pro Bowls. But the fact is,
Chad started worrying more about a celebration, a book,
an endorsement deal or a sound bite, than he did about
being the best WR in the NFL, after Rosenhaus was hired.

Chad became discontent, lackadasical and inconsistent in 2007.
He was full of drops, drama and distractions, from that point on.

The voluntary stuff used to be important to Chad. Now they are just
a platform for him to protest his contract. If Chad truly wants to win,
then he should get with his team mates like he used to. If Chad truly
wants to be the best, and a Hall of Famer, then he needs to start making
what he does to prepare for the game as important as his portfolio.

I hope that Chad gets his head out of his ass. I don't see it though.
I think he has his head up his ass looking for his wallet. And unless
and until he gets a new contract, Ochocinco is what we are stuck with,
when Chad Johnson is who we fell in love with.

[quote name='Phatcat' post='778302' date='May 23 2009, 01:13 AM']I've read plenty of other NFL teams message boards and without question and i mean 100% there is always a player that is a magnet for negative attention. And the higher the profile the higher and more intense the feelings and opinions that flow. And a winning franchise vs. a losing franchise has nothing to do with the fanbase reaction.

Honestly, this whole "Bengal Fans" run players out of town thing makes no sense at all to me. <sigh>[/quote]ng

I don't think they actually run them out of town. Bengal fans rationalize to themselves that the team will be better without that player and then go to extreme cases to make the inaccurate point true in their mind.

Happens with almost every single star player they've had.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='778331' date='May 23 2009, 08:21 AM']But in this case, didn't Chad run himself out of town? I don't think people really started hating on him so much until this whole "trade me trade me" stuff started to come out. Not that he wasn't a dickbag before that, but it seems like he has less and less defenders all the time now.[/quote]

No not really. It started middle of 2007 season. A season in which the team was disappointing because of poor defense and a whole bunch of injuries.

Chad was in the middle of having his career best season. (On pace to match/break/come close to Jerry Rice's record)

Then Doc and some other media members threw him under the bus. There was a trade rumor that someone inside the organization leaked supposedly etc.

That's what started the whole thing, IMO. If you really want to look at the direction of the team, Chad's been somewhat justified about his critical nature of the team. They didn't try to field the best team they could last year. They shit canned it for youth.

Archived