Where is Scott

henry palyed a lot and took a shot deep on him, and he had a big first down catch late.. ended up al lfor nothing, tho.

scott i dont think sniffed anything but teams.. he must not be able to block at all, he has only seen time to get the ball..either run or catching..

he and coffman must SUCK t blocking curerently..

[quote name='GoBengals' date='19 October 2009 - 02:04 AM' timestamp='1255925088' post='818565']
henry palyed a lot and took a shot deep on him, and he had a big first down catch late.. ended up al lfor nothing, tho.

scott i dont think sniffed anything but teams.. he must not be able to block at all, he has only seen time to get the ball..either run or catching..

he and coffman must SUCK t blocking curerently..
[/quote]
I understand not being able to block as a reason to not play on a regular basis. But not getting a single touch is just dumb. I guess Brat should watch tape of this game and understand how to implement a speed back. I know you will call me dumb or an idiot Go but how can you explain not a single touch for a player like Scott and his talent?

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' date='19 October 2009 - 01:09 AM' timestamp='1255925369' post='818568']
then why in the fuck did we draft a TE in the 3rd round that we knew for damn sure that he's not a blocker ? dude is a catching TE, not a blocker. Chase needs to be on the field. he can not be worse than fucking Butter Fingers Coates!
[/quote]

He was supposed to have Kelly and Utect working with him this season. He wasn't supposed to really play this year anyway. I think we will see him here soon.

I saw him in on one play action pass for sure, i'm sure he saw more snaps as well. But i can't understand why we didn't try to get the ball in his hands through some screens and such. Much like the Texans did with Slaton.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' date='19 October 2009 - 01:09 AM' timestamp='1255925369' post='818568']
then why in the fuck did we draft a TE in the 3rd round that we knew for damn sure that he's not a blocker ? dude is a catching TE, not a blocker. Chase needs to be on the field. he can not be worse than fucking Butter Fingers Coates!
[/quote]

because when we drafted him we had these guys named Kelly and Utecht genius.

I saw Scott in on one pass play, that's about it.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='19 October 2009 - 09:28 AM' timestamp='1255955323' post='818596']
because when we drafted him we had these guys named Kelly and Utecht genius.

I saw Scott in on one pass play, that's about it.
[/quote]

listen you fuck tard, your shit is getting really fucking old acting like you know it all! i know who the fuck we had when we drafted him. they both got fucking hurt, we bring in some dude form the outside (Foschi) who only cough the last couple of games maybe of training camp. get your head out your head out your ass, and figure out why do we not have our 3rd pick out there instead of brick hands Coates. he might be able to block but he aint fucking catching shit. now, regardless of who was suppose to teach Chase, did they really expect to show this guy how to become a blocker, the fucking doesn't even have that kind of a frame. he looks like a fucking wide receiver! we need to quit drafting projects. your 2nd and 3d round picks need to come in and help you if not right away, sometime towards the mid of the season or so! quit sounding like Captain obvious all the time Genius.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' date='19 October 2009 - 12:42 PM' timestamp='1255966934' post='818678']
listen you fuck tard, your shit is getting really fucking old acting like you know it all! i know who the fuck we had when we drafted him. they both got fucking hurt, we bring in some dude form the outside (Foschi) who only cough the last couple of games maybe of training camp. get your head out your head out your ass, and figure out why do we not have our 3rd pick out there instead of brick hands Coates. he might be able to block but he aint fucking catching shit. now, regardless of who was suppose to teach Chase, did they really expect to show this guy how to become a blocker, the fucking doesn't even have that kind of a frame. he looks like a fucking wide receiver! we need to quit drafting projects. your 2nd and 3d round picks need to come in and help you if not right away, sometime towards the mid of the season or so! quit sounding like Captain obvious all the time Genius.
[/quote]

how bout trying not to freak out all the time about the obvious? If you knew the answer, why are you going apeshit about the question?

Chase didn't look to be up to NFL game speed when they showed him in Hard Knocks. I imagine he has the strength to block, he has a body type similar to Chris Cooley's. But he doesn't seem to be able to get good positioning yet. You have to think after being split out wide your whole career trying to be a matchup problem your going to have problems coming to the pros after not having to block hardly at all your whole life.

And the reason we don't see a lot of rookie WR's make a immediate impact is because of the game speeds. Chase is definately not up to speed and it was evident this pre-season. Scott is more than likely trying to get up to speed as well. Give it time. We have a good core of guys.

[quote name='JC' date='19 October 2009 - 02:29 PM' timestamp='1255973340' post='818734']
Chase didn't look to be up to NFL game speed when they showed him in Hard Knocks. I imagine he has the strength to block, he has a body type similar to Chris Cooley's. But he doesn't seem to be able to get good positioning yet. You have to think after being split out wide your whole career trying to be a matchup problem your going to have problems coming to the pros after not having to block hardly at all your whole life.

And the reason we don't see a lot of rookie WR's make a immediate impact is because of the game speeds. Chase is definately not up to speed and it was evident this pre-season. Scott is more than likely trying to get up to speed as well. [b]Give it time. We have a good core of guys.[/b]
[/quote]

agreed on the bold. I just wonder if we can't get creative with Chase somehow and split him wide and use him somehow blocking that way. He can't block linemen and LB's for the most part yet, but he should be able to take out some DB's on screens and stretch plays.

Archived