Rivers injury?

[quote name='cpalmer2004' date='08 November 2009 - 05:59 PM' timestamp='1257717587' post='824596']
I was curious if anyone heard anything about Rivers. He left the game with a calf injury of some kind. Nothing on the postgame. Any body hear anything
[/quote]

I have not heard anything. My fingers are crossed.

[quote name='cpalmer2004' date='08 November 2009 - 05:59 PM' timestamp='1257717587' post='824596']
I was curious if anyone heard anything about Rivers. He left the game with a calf injury of some kind. Nothing on the postgame. Any body hear anything
[/quote]

He remained in uniform on the sideline during the game. I'll say he's probable for Pitts.

[quote name='BengalsNYC' date='08 November 2009 - 06:03 PM' timestamp='1257717830' post='824602']
He remained in uniform on the sideline during the game. I'll say he's probable for Pitts.
[/quote]

Yeah, I was watching him on the sideline after the injury and they didn't seem overly concerned.

Fuck it, even if we lose to the Steelers, which everyone should prepare for anyway, we're still sitting at 6-3 and looking good for the remainder of the schedule. Only thing is if we lose, the Chicken Little's around here are going to be in meltdown mode bitching and screaming how we're cursed, never going to make the playoffs etc... etc...

If, at the beginning of the season, I would have offered anyone 6-3 going into our 10th game, not to mention that we'd be going there sitting at 4-1 in the division you all would have sucked a dick for it, so please, people, don't freak out if we lose next week. Take it for what it is and move on to the next victim.
MULLY

BTW, big fucking WHO-DEY for sweeping the Ratbirds!

[quote name='Fulcher_33' date='08 November 2009 - 06:31 PM' timestamp='1257723083' post='824673']
Fuck it, even if we lose to the Steelers, which everyone should prepare for anyway, we're still sitting at 6-3 and looking good for the remainder of the schedule. Only thing is if we lose, the Chicken Little's around here are going to be in meltdown mode bitching and screaming how we're cursed, never going to make the playoffs etc... etc...

If, at the beginning of the season, I would have offered anyone 6-3 going into week 11, not to mention that we'd be going there sitting at 4-1 in the division you all would have sucked a dick for it, so please, people, don't freak out if we lose next week. Take it for what it is and move on to the next victim.
MULLY

[/quote]
I want us to beat the Steelers again. Especially at PBS East.

[quote name='Fulcher_33' date='08 November 2009 - 07:31 PM' timestamp='1257723083' post='824673']

If, at the beginning of the season, I would have offered anyone 6-3 going into our 10th game, not to mention that we'd be going there sitting at 4-1 in the division [b]you all would have sucked a dick for it,[/b] so please, people, don't freak out if we lose next week. Take it for what it is and move on to the next victim.
MULLY

[/quote]

we designated that as your department....

[quote name='Bunghole' date='09 November 2009 - 09:32 AM' timestamp='1257723156' post='824675']
I want us to beat the Steelers again. Especially at PBS East.
[/quote]

Ah yeah, man, no doubt. Nothing would cap this season off better than beating Pittsburgh both times. We gotta be realistic though, history tells us that we're most likely going to split the games 1-1 so we shouldn't be too freaked out if it happens like that. I'm with you all the way though, I hope we whip the snot out of those inbred fucks!
MULLY

[quote name='Fulcher_33' date='08 November 2009 - 07:31 PM' timestamp='1257723083' post='824673']
Fuck it, even if we lose to the Steelers, which everyone should prepare for anyway,
[/quote]
Preparing to lose against pissburgh ? You must not have any faith..Statements like this just get me more annoyed..How can you believe this team will lose after what they just did today and just the season overall?

[quote name='Who Dey Forever' date='08 November 2009 - 08:52 PM' timestamp='1257727975' post='824734']
Preparing to lose against pissburgh ? You must not have any faith..Statements like this just get me more annoyed..How can you believe this team will lose after what they just did today and just the season overall?
[/quote]

i am prepared for a loss, its bound to happen at some point, and probably to a good team and not a bad one. the steelers are a good team, we know this.

no one is expecting one.. but being mentally prepared to not shit the bed if we lose is a good thing...

cant be disapointed if your aware that a loss is possible..

now i hope we kick their fucking asses, cause im going to be there.. and nothing is worse than gloating steelers fans..

luckiy i have a winning record going up there...marvin has 3 wins up there... lets make it 4...

[quote name='GoBengals' date='08 November 2009 - 09:01 PM' timestamp='1257728471' post='824739']
i am prepared for a loss, its bound to happen at some point, and probably to a good team and not a bad one. the steelers are a good team, we know this.

no one is expecting one.. but being mentally prepared to not shit the bed if we lose is a good thing...

cant be disapointed if your aware that a loss is possible..

now i hope we kick their fucking asses, cause im going to be there.. and nothing is worse than gloating steelers fans..

luckiy i have a winning record going up there...marvin has 3 wins up there... lets make it 4...
[/quote]
Prepare for nothing but wins that's how I look at it. Don't see how you can otherwise.

I am mentally prepared for supreme victory only.

:ninja: secret? I kinda hope they lose a close one to Pitt so they don't get too cocky, and they put the chip back on thier shoulders. Although the team hasn't been playing perfect ball, they've been pretty good lately, so a tough loss will give the coaches something tangible to nag on. . . then they can roll on the rest of the way . . . with a couple of real tests near the end, to gear up for the Stupor Bowl victory.

I hope and expect a win, but I know it's gonna tough as nails so I'm prepared for a loss. And a loss doesn't really kill us that much, especially if Denver beats them tomorrow

But damnit a win would be THE most satisfying one since we did it in Pitt in 05 which all but sealed the division. The flow of the season, coming in 4-0 in the division, to steal one in their house would be epic.

I'd have a little more confidence if we had Slim 15 though...lack of him + TE perpetual struggles = a little more scary

[quote name='Who Dey Forever' date='09 November 2009 - 10:52 AM' timestamp='1257727975' post='824734']
[/quote]

Just keeping it real, man. You can't go into Pittsburgh and *EXPECT* a win. The stool samples are too good of a team for anyone to be that cocky. Don't forget that their record is the same as ours so it's not like we're going into a gimme. Of course I hope we win, what kind of sick fuck do you think I am?

And if anyone thinks Cleveland is a gimme you're sadly mistaken. I think we can win against the Shitlogs but I wouldn't be too surprised if we lost. No matter what the records are like the Cincy/Cleveland games are consistently a bitch.
MULLY

Archived