Bengals Jets flexed to Sunday night!

I doubt it, but you never know with a BIG market team playing in a win and youre in, lose and your out game.

Other intriguing games...

Cowboys vs Eagles for division title (but both teams will probably already clinch a playoff spot)
Houston vs NE (same situation as us, but Houston isnt as big of a market at NY)
GB vs Arizona (both playoff teams, but neither really playing for anything)
Pittsburgh vs Miami (NFL loves pittsburgh)

I think it will be dallas vs eagles, but maybe they wont want to since both are probably gonna already be in the playoffs.

One reason why I would like to get flexed is because we would know who we play if we win and who we play if we lose and can use that to effect how hard we play.

EDIT: Official

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='27 December 2009 - 10:07 PM' timestamp='1261966067' post='848696']
I doubt it, but you never know with a BIG market team playing in a win and youre in, lose and your out game.

Other intriguing games...

Cowboys vs Eagles for division title (but both teams will probably already clinch a playoff spot)
Houston vs NE (same situation as us, but Houston isnt as big of a market at NY)
GB vs Arizona (both playoff teams, but neither really playing for anything)
Pittsburgh vs Miami (NFL loves pittsburgh)

I think it will be dallas vs eagles, but maybe they wont want to since both are probably gonna already be in the playoffs.

[b]One reason why I would like to get flexed is because we would know who we play if we win and who we play if we lose and can use that to effect how hard we play.[/b]
[/quote]

I thought there wasn't a sunday night game the final week

I'm dumb

But the bolded part would be sweet

According to ESPN Jets are the 5 seed and I think the win any tiebreaker with teams.

According to the Yahoo playoff simulator if we lose they are guaranteed the 5 and we would be guaranteed the 4.

So unless Im wrong and ESPN and Yahoo are wrong, if we lose we are guaranteed to play them again.

So that kind of makes me want hope Carson and starters dont play.

Im very confused now...

ESPN and Yahoo have the Jets being the 5, followed by Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Denver
But NFL.com and cbssportsline have Denver as the 5 and Jets as the 6. Which would mean if both win then we would play Denver.

Either way I dont think we play Pittsburgh or Baltimore unless both Denver and NYJ lose.

Might be wrong though.

I like the idea of coming out resting our guys and playing vanilla to lose. This way since they have to win we will get their game plan against us, they wont know anything about ours and we can know how they would play us in the playoffs while they wouldn't know what we would do to them. Advantage - Us.

I'm not even sure if I want them to win, since us losing seems to make playing the Jets or Denver almost a lock. I'd rather have one of them especially Denver in the wildcard. I think they give us the best chance to win considering they're 2-7 in their last 9 and overall are a fraud team with a joke QB

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='27 December 2009 - 10:40 PM' timestamp='1261968046' post='848727']
I like the idea of coming out resting our guys and playing vanilla to lose. This way since they have to win we will get their game plan against us, they wont know anything about ours and we can know how they would play us in the playoffs while they wouldn't know what we would do to them. Advantage - Us.
[/quote]

You're implying our coaches are smart enough to do something like this and use it to their advantage? And by "coaches" I mean Brat.

:ninja:

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='27 December 2009 - 10:40 PM' timestamp='1261968046' post='848727']
[/quote]

Couldnt agree more.

[quote name='ColorChanginClique' date='27 December 2009 - 10:44 PM' timestamp='1261968262' post='848733']
JT O'Sullivan handing off to Scott and throwing deep to Sampson

sounds good to me

also why risk CP or Chad or someone else who's useful getting injured?
[/quote]

Definitely hope Simpson gets PT.

The more I think about it the more I like the idea of the 4th seed. Play the Jets at home, play the Colts in Indy which is close enough for it to not be a huge advantage because I have a feeling there will be alot of orange and black there. But also I think we can match up with them well, they cant stop the run their corners are young, really the only thing on their D we would have to worry about is mathis and freeny. Now of course that O is still scary, and you have to worry about Manning, and Clark to me is a big match up problem for us.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='27 December 2009 - 10:51 PM' timestamp='1261968664' post='848739']
The more I think about it the more I like the idea of the 4th seed. Play the Jets at home, play the Colts in Indy which is close enough for it to not be a huge advantage because I have a feeling [b]there will be alot of orange and black there[/b]. But also I think we can match up with them well, they cant stop the run their corners are young, really the only thing on their D we would have to worry about is mathis and freeny. Now of course that O is still scary, and you have to worry about Manning, and Clark to me is a big match up problem for us.
[/quote]

I'd definitely be there

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='27 December 2009 - 10:53 PM' timestamp='1261968801' post='848742']
Yeah let's lay down and lose to the Jets, it'll be an easy win. Just like Oakland, Cleveland, and Kansas City.
[/quote]

so your saying the Jets in the playoffs would be harder than someone like the Steelers? haha. Have you watched the Jets play? No game is easy in the playoffs, but they'd be one of the easiest.

[quote name='gatorclaws' date='27 December 2009 - 10:56 PM' timestamp='1261968986' post='848746']
so your saying the Jets in the playoffs would be harder than someone like the Steelers? haha. Have you watched the Jets play? No game is easy in the playoffs, but they'd be one of the easiest.
[/quote]

No kidding.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='27 December 2009 - 10:53 PM' timestamp='1261968801' post='848742']
Yeah let's lay down and lose to the Jets, it'll be an easy win. Just like Oakland, Cleveland, and Kansas City.
[/quote]

Can you seriously made any positive posts?

We are talking about what matchups we would like to see in the playoffs and who we want to play. We arent saying anything is gonna be easy.

And we are 3-1 against those teams you named, so if you gave me a 75% chance we would win our first round game I would take that in an instant.

So in other words, shut the fuck up.

Archived