Bengals Jets flexed to Sunday night!

[quote name='oldschooler' date='27 December 2009 - 11:08 PM' timestamp='1261969683' post='848770']
Not if the Pats win earlier in the day.

I think Marvin would treat it like a preseason game.
[/quote]
We're not exactly "hot" right now. We need to get somethin goin before the playoffs. I would be disapointed if we just rested all our guys like that before the postseason

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='27 December 2009 - 11:31 PM' timestamp='1261971088' post='848793']
the fact that the Chiefs were supposed to be an easy win, the Browns were supposed to be an easy win, and also the Raiders.
[/quote]

Yet we won 75% of the time against those teams.

Would you not take those odds in a playoff game?

And no one said the Jets game would be easier, we are just saying we think it would be easier then the Steelers or Ravens in our opinion.

Tell me one thing that any of us did that you disagree with? Stop being a fucking douche.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='27 December 2009 - 11:31 PM' timestamp='1261971088' post='848793']
the fact that the Chiefs were supposed to be an easy win, the Browns were supposed to be an easy win, and also the Raiders.
[/quote]

Also if thats the case wouldn't it be wise to not tip your hand to the Jets and play vanilla the first time against them so that we have a advantage against them in the playoffs? I'm really not sure where you were going with that?

[quote name='B.A.B.' date='27 December 2009 - 10:32 PM' timestamp='1261971174' post='848795']
We're not exactly "hot" right now. We need to get somethin goin before the playoffs. I would be disapointed if we just rested all our guys like that before the postseason
[/quote]

Oh I agree. I hope the Pats lose so the team treats it as a Playoff game.
But if the Pats win, they have nothing to play for as far as the playoffs
and I could see the coaches rest players from fear of them being injured.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='27 December 2009 - 11:30 PM' timestamp='1261971048' post='848791']
So you'd rather face the Ravens or the Jets in the playoffs?
[/quote]

As bad as Joe "dumpoff pass" Flacco looked against us this year, I don't really see how it makes much of a difference who we play. And the Ravens don't have any DB's worth a damn other than the busted up Ed Reed. Jets have the #1 overall defense, #1 passing defense, and #9 rush defense. That's a little intimidating, considering how horrible our offense has been.

I don't think it matters all that much who we play, it all comes down to the Bengals playing a good game either way.

[quote name='oldschooler' date='27 December 2009 - 10:35 PM' timestamp='1261971308' post='848799']
Oh I agree. I hope the Pats lose so the team treats it as a Playoff game.
But if the Pats win, they have nothing to play for as far as the playoffs
and [b]I could see the coaches rest players from fear of them being injured.[/b]
[/quote]

And fucking the stealers.

[quote name='oldschooler' date='27 December 2009 - 11:31 PM' timestamp='1261971104' post='848794']
It is like you sit around waiting for a chance to be a wet blanket.

The Bengals have clinched a playoff spot for the second time in 19 years.
And you show no excitement or anything. You just "love pointing out
facts to delusional people on this message board".

You really bring nothing to the table.

OK, so you are a jackass with a spectacular life, that loves to get under people's
skin to give you enjoyment.

Either way you= asshat.
[/quote]

:on_the_quiet:

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='27 December 2009 - 11:35 PM' timestamp='1261971356' post='848801']
As bad as Joe "dumpoff pass" Flacco looked against us this year, I don't really see how it makes much of a difference who we play. And the Ravens don't have any DB's worth a damn other than the busted up Ed Reed. Jets have the #1 overall defense, #1 passing defense, and #9 rush defense. That's a little intimidating, considering how horrible our offense has been.

I don't think it matters all that much who we play, it all comes down to the Bengals playing a good game either way.
[/quote]

Fair enough.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='27 December 2009 - 11:35 PM' timestamp='1261971356' post='848801']

[/quote]

See I dont understand why you couldnt just say this from the beginning.

Your points make sense sometimes, but instead of making well thought out comments like this one you usually say something thats just stupid and doesnt bring anything to the table.

Thats what annoys me, not that you are negative, just that instead of making a good post like this you just say something stupid instead.

Back on topic, Im not scared of the ravens or jets. I just dont want to play pittsburgh.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='27 December 2009 - 10:37 PM' timestamp='1261971424' post='848804']
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/default/on_the_quiet.gif[/img]
[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/default/smileyfart.gif[/img]

[quote name='B.A.B.' date='27 December 2009 - 11:32 PM' timestamp='1261971174' post='848795']
[/quote]

I would be disappointed if they didn't rest the players and not exposing them to injuries, so they are primed to go into the playoffs.

[quote name='CougarQuest' date='27 December 2009 - 11:41 PM' timestamp='1261971714' post='848810']
I would be disappointed if they didn't rest the players and not exposing them to injuries, so they are primed to go into the playoffs.
[/quote]
We are not the Colts. I don't think we're gonna limp into the playoffs and scare anyone. Carson could get hurt on his first pass of the playoff game. Injuries happen.

[/quote]

Shit...I didn't think their defense was that good. We already know the Rats can play defense...broken down corners or not.

Pick our poison I guess. We'll have to have the "A" game on offense against either.

I don't really like the matchup with the Jets much.

As shitty as Sanchez is, Revis is pretty outstanding and could possibly take out the only guy we throw to while doubling Coles or Caldwell and forcing us to rely on someone that is unreliable. There run defense is pretty stout and they have a pretty good running game.

It would make me fairly nervous. I would rather take the Broncos, who have fizzled out as of late.

[quote name='B.A.B.' date='27 December 2009 - 11:52 PM' timestamp='1261972341' post='848820']
We are not the Colts. I don't think we're gonna limp into the playoffs and scare anyone. Carson could get hurt on his first pass of the playoff game. Injuries happen.
[/quote]

But beating the Jets would scare someone?!?
But losing a starter would scare other teams?

[quote name='JC' date='27 December 2009 - 11:57 PM' timestamp='1261972678' post='848828']
I don't really like the matchup with the Jets much.

As shitty as Sanchez is, Revis is pretty outstanding and could possibly take out the only guy we throw to while doubling Coles or Caldwell and forcing us to rely on someone that is unreliable. There run defense is pretty stout and they have a pretty good running game.

It would make me fairly nervous. I would rather take the Broncos, who have fizzled out as of late.
[/quote]

1-5 of the teams we could possibly play in order from most to least...

1. Broncos
2. Jets
3. Ravens
4. Houston
5. Pittsburgh

[b][size="5"]Notes: Bengals-Jets flexed[/size][/b]
By [url="http://cnati.com/cgi-bin/mt/mt-cp.cgi?__mode=view&blog_id=1&id=2"]C. Trent Rosecrans[/url], CNATI.com Posted December 27, 2009 8:05 PM ET

The Bengals will know exactly where they stand when they take the field next Sunday at New York. The final game in Giants Stadium history has been flex to start Sunday night at 8:30 p.m. on NBC's Sunday night football.

If the Patriots defeat the Texans, New England will wrap up the third seed and the Bengals will be the fourth seed, regardless of the outcome of the game against the Jets.

The Jets, however, must win to make the playoffs.

If the Bengals have nothing to gain from beating the Jets -- a team they could face at home in the first round of the playoffs -- and choose to rest their starters.

"I know one thing, rest does wonders," Bengals running back Cedric Benson said. "Sleep is like magic."

The Bengals could also avoid tipping their gameplan for the Jets to New York before a game that does mean something.

[b]JOHNSON'S IMPACT -[/b] Bengals rookie defensive end Michael Johnson picked up his third sack of the season at the end of the third quarter, but had a bigger play than that in the fourth, knocking down a third-down Matt Cassel pass at midfield, to cause the punt that set up the game-winning drive.

"If you can't sack the quarterback, it's the least you can do to knock the ball down," said Johnson.

The 6-foot-7 rookie out of Georgia Tech has proven to be adept at deflecting passes this season. It was his fifth pass defensed of the season.

"I need to quit playing around and pick one off," said Johnson, who did tip a ball that end up being intercepted for a touchdown by Jonathan Fanene earlier this season.

[b]NOT QUITE CHRISTMAS -[/b] When he signed with the Bengals, running back Larry Johnson said playing against the Chiefs would be a Christmas present. It wasn't Dec. 25, it was Dec. 27. Johnson didn't exactly get a lump of coal, but it's not like he got a brand new bike, either.

Johnson ran the ball four times for 11 yards, but was on the winning side.

"I saw everyone before and after the game. A lot of guys were all smiles," Johnson said of his former teammates.

He and one ex-teammate, linebacker Demorrio Williams exchanged more than holiday greetings at the end of Johnson's 6-yard run in the second quarter.

"I wouldn't have said anything, but he started talking first," Johnson said of their exchange on the Bengals' sideline. "I love all those guys on the offensive and defensive sides of the ball. I wasn't going to turn anything on until I had a reason to click that on. He gave it the first couple of times, and then I said I'm going ahead and take mine right now, because I knew I wasn't going to be in that long. It's all competitive. We're all friends. It's the heat of the moment, that's what football is all about."

Johnson's replacement, Jamaal Charles, became just the second running back to record a 100-yard game against the Bengals this season. The other was Jerome Harrison of Cleveland.

[b]PLAYOFF PICTURE --[/b] If the playoffs started today, the Bengals would face the Broncos in a Week 1 rematch in the first round of the playoffs.

However, the playoffs aren't decided for another week, and there are five teams with 8-7 records vying for the final playoff spot in the AFC -- the Jets, Broncos, Texans, Steelers and Ravens. No matter who the Bengals get at Paul Brown Stadium in the second week of January, it'll be a rematch, as Cincinnati has played four of those five teams and face the Jets next weekend.

As it stands now, the Bengals, the No. 4 seed, would get the fifth-seeded Broncos, whose strength of victory would give them the No. 5 seed.

Of course, the Bengals could move into the No. 3 seed with a victory and New England loss. Tank Johnson knows those small advantages can be critical in the quest for a title.

"The matchups can propel you to the Super Bowl," Johnson said. "Anytime you get a good matchup with a team that you match up well against, it is just a matter of executing then. You get a team that has deficiencies and you go attack those things. Sometimes that 3-6, 5-4 is a big deal."

While five teams are 8-7, according to NFL spokesman Corey Rush, two teams -- the Jets and Ravens -- control their destiny.

[url="http://cnati.com/cincinnati-bengals/notes-bengals-flexed-to-night-game-00969/"]http://cnati.com/cincinnati-bengals/notes-bengals-flexed-to-night-game-00969/[/url]

[url="http://twitter.com/Cosby12"][b][color="#0a0501"]Cosby12[/color][/b][/url] [url=""][color="#0a0501"] [/color][/url] Night game in NY? We may need to think this one over haha! Jk
[url="http://twitter.com/Cosby12/status/7110980623"][color="#0a0501"]15 minutes ago [/color][/url]from [url="http://twitterrific.com/"][color="#0a0501"]Twitterrific[/color][/url]

[b][size="5"]Jets-Bengals flexed to Sunday night[/size][/b]
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on December 27, 2009 10:08 PM ET

The Flex Gods have decreed: the Jets and Bengals will face off next Sunday night on NBC.

The way we look at it, there were only two games to choose from: The [url="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/27/win-and-in-jets-and-ravens-control-fate/"]win and in AFC games[/url]: Jets-Bengals and Ravens-Raiders.

Cowboys-Eagles may decide the NFC East, but there won't be much drama involved since the Cowboys can clinch a playoff spot tonight. The Eagles-Cowboys may have a bigger audience, but the possibility of a rematch no matter the outcome takes some juice out of the game.

Even if the Cowboys lost to the Redskins tonight, they could clinch a spot with a Giants loss next Sunday afternoon. The Cowboys-Eagles game was moved to 4:15 next Sunday.

It would be unfortunate if the Bengals choose not to play their starters throughout next Sunday's game.

If that happened, it would be the second time in three seasons the final playoff berth was decided on Sunday night because of a team resting starters. (The Titans beat [url="http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2888"]Jim Sorgi[/url] and the Colts to make the playoffs in 2007.)

The Bengals will know whether they have a chance to move up the third seed before they play next week. If the Patriots lose at Houston, Cincinnati could move up a spot.

Essentially, they may have a chance to decide their wild card opponent by taking [url="http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2550"]Carson Palmer[/url] out early or going for a win.

[url="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/27/jets-bengals-flexed-to-sunday-night/"]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/27/jets-bengals-flexed-to-sunday-night/[/url]

[quote name='B.A.B.' date='28 December 2009 - 12:52 PM' timestamp='1261972341' post='848820']
We are not the Colts. I don't think we're gonna limp into the playoffs and scare anyone. [b]Carson could get hurt on his first pass of the playoff game[/b]. Injuries happen.
[/quote]
:shakesfist: :shakesfist: :shakesfist: :shakesfist: :shakesfist: :shakesfist: :shakesfist:

Have a big bowl of shut the fuck up, will ya? <_<

[quote name='GoBengals' date='27 December 2009 - 11:31 PM' timestamp='1261971071' post='848792']
i cant tell if youre just stupid enough to think that was funny, or stupid enough to not only think it was funny be even remotely made sense. since the offensive coordinator certainly doesnt make the call on who plays and for how long..

i kinda see what they are saying int he gameday threads....y-i-k-e-s
[/quote]

I remember the times when the ninja meant the post was sarcastic

I was joking. Not even half-joking, just joking.

I'm not and haven't ever been on the "blame Brat for everything" mantra that some folks are

[quote name='oldschooler' date='27 December 2009 - 11:11 PM' timestamp='1261969863' post='848775']
Well that would depend on what happened in the other Wildcard game.
The lowest seed plays the highest seed. So if the Bengals won and the
Pats lost, the Bengals would go to play the Chargers.
[/quote]

Yeah, but i'm banking on NE winning, i don't see them losing to baltimore or anoy of the other teams.

Archived