Available free agents

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/05/05/best-of-whats-left-in-free-agent-market/?ncid=txtlnkusspor00000002

Do you think any of these guys are worth a shot ? Lots of mileage on these guys but I wonder if an older DT might be worth a look.

[quote name='Patmo' date='08 May 2010 - 07:23 PM' timestamp='1273364589' post='887194']
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/05/05/best-of-whats-left-in-free-agent-market/?ncid=txtlnkusspor00000002

Do you think any of these guys are worth a shot ? Lots of mileage on these guys but [b]I wonder if an older DT might be worth a look.[/b]
[/quote]

I think we are set at DT for the next few years, at least.

The only FA I want to add is Reggie. (I would like Jeremi too, but he doesn't seem interested.)

[quote name='Jason' date='08 May 2010 - 07:58 PM' timestamp='1273366726' post='887202']
I think we are set at DT for the next few years, at least.

The only FA I want to add is Reggie. (I would like Jeremi too, but he doesn't seem interested.)
[/quote]
More and more teams are getting away from FBs, and toward multiple TE formations and H-back types. If Jeremi is gone, is there any chance that the Bengals don't carry any fullbacks at all on the roster? And if there is one, will it be Fui or will they add someone not currently on the roster?

I would have to believe John Henderson has some game left in him. At his best--just a few years back--he was a space-eating monster who was virtually unblockable.

We're not that "set" that we couldn't entertain someone with at least this return-to-pro-bowl attributes.

[quote name='Le Tigre' date='09 May 2010 - 07:12 AM' timestamp='1273407161' post='887250']
I would have to believe John Henderson has some game left in him. At his best--just a few years back--he was a space-eating monster who was virtually unblockable.

We're not that "set" that we couldn't entertain someone with at least this return-to-pro-bowl attributes.
[/quote]

I'm not going to cut someone with long term upside for someone who may or may not provide an immediate upgrade.

I'd say BJ Askew at FB and Clint Ingram at OLB would pique my interest a bit, but that's it. If healthy, Askew would be of greater interest because of the position he plays, and the fact that Fui is unproven.

Reggie Kelly as well - Coats can block, but his hands are terrible. And I like what Kelly brings to the locker room, etc. Maybe if he doesn't find work, they can bring him in as an Assistant... but I'm sure he wants to play.

I really only see 3 spots where there are guys that could potentially upgrade the bottom of our roster:

TE (upgrade to Coats as #3)
OG (upgrade to Livings as backup (and maybe even to Mathis as starter))
FB (hard to know what you'll get from Fui, at least give him competition)

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' date='10 May 2010 - 07:41 PM' timestamp='1273534910' post='887500']
I would love to see Bulger or Garcia brought in to compete with JT in camp.
[/quote]
Ill 2nd that one, and reggie kelly to get coats off the team

besides that theres no one out there that i want.

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' date='10 May 2010 - 07:41 PM' timestamp='1273534910' post='887500']
I would love to see Bulger or Garcia brought in to compete with JT in camp.
[/quote]

and you think they'll sign for what JT is making or would you play them much more?

Archived