Dumb shit the Bible says

CincyInDC

I thought there would be much, more more to it.. maybe its an ongoing project.

Anyway, the King James version is the latest version, correct? I'm not religious so I dont know.... If so, how old is the KJV and wasnt that somthing like a re-edited version?

Thank god Christians dont take this shit literally, because I like fig newtons and would have been devoured by she-bears many times over.

[quote name='big_dish' timestamp='1287064711' post='930837']
I thought there would be much, more more to it.. maybe its an ongoing project.

Anyway, the King James version is the latest version, correct? I'm not religious so I dont know.... If so, how old is the KJV and wasnt that somthing like a re-edited version?

[b]Thank god Christians dont take this shit literally[/b], because I like fig newtons and would have been devoured by she-bears many times over.
[/quote]

Most don't, I've come to realize. But many like to take one or two things literally. For instance why can't gay's get married? "Marriage is between a man and a woman, it says so in the bible."

[url="http://www.goodnewsmedia.com/bible.studies.htm/recentquestionsb.htm"]31,173[/url] verses in the bible, the average christian is more than willing to let 99.99% of those roll off as historical allegory or even fable, but when one or two of those verses align with their negative opinions of something, suddenly it becomes the unchangable word of god.

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' timestamp='1287069614' post='930850']
Most don't, I've come to realize. But many like to take one or two things literally. For instance why can't gay's get married? "Marriage is between a man and a woman, it says so in the bible."

[url="http://www.goodnewsmedia.com/bible.studies.htm/recentquestionsb.htm"]31,173[/url] verses in the bible, the average christian is more than willing to let 99.99% of those roll off as historical allegory or even fable, but when one or two of those verses align with their negative opinions of something, suddenly it becomes the unchangable word of god.
[/quote]

I dunno man, the bible seems pretty anti-gay in concept, not just in a literal sense.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1287154071' post='931060']
hermeneutics

that's all im gonna say
[/quote]

I agree.

So lets restrict access to the bible to only those willing to undertake this.

Or perhaps those who already have, could be a bit more vocal when the common troglodyte takes his bible verses ala carte.

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' timestamp='1287161978' post='931118']
I agree.

So lets restrict access to the bible to only those willing to undertake this.

Or perhaps those who already have, could be a bit more vocal when the common troglodyte takes his bible verses ala carte.
[/quote]

Churches need to do a better job teaching it.

Archived