willie anderson

i guess it's somewhat official, now. tonight on bengalstalk, marvin said willie is officially working with our offensive linemen, especially andre smith. we have known he's been lending some assistance with andre, but apparently willie's new life journey will be dedicated to being a coach in training, much in the direction dermonti dawson and rod woodson have assisted the team and redirected their careers. this would explain why willie traveled with the team to atlanta, including riding and tweeting on the team bus to the game. i know willie's taken a lot of beating on this board, but i say it's time we bury the hatchet and show all the support we can to willie in his new career path. personally, i'm tickled to death, because willie has always been one of my favorite bengals. it gives me a very comforting feeling knowing willie's back on board and working with the bengals. willie's always kept a good relationship with marvin and mike, and it's just a natural fit seeing him come back home. the bonus in all this is his work getting andre smith up to speed and advising him how to be a pro. andre needs to be a sponge and soak up ever tidbit of information willie has to share with him. it's good to see willie's career path heading this way, working in close conjunction with paul alexander, and i'm sure that will only mean good things for solidifying our offensive line in the future.

good luck in your new endeavor, willie....and welcome back home!

Well, if Andre truly hangs out with a certain poster that used to infuriate everyone on this board before getting the ban hammer, then Go's assessment is probably correct. Still, I welcome Willie's coaching effort in spite of him going to the Ravens (which kinda shoots a hole in the whole "If you betray Mike Brown by going to another team, he will blackball you from the Bengals" theory being proffered in another thread).

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1288056402' post='934698']
andre is already a lazy money grubbing cocksucker..
[/quote]

Perhaps. But he was the guy that hustled his ass off to tackle (knock out of bounds) the Buccaneer DB returning the interception at the end of the game. If the defense would have held, that would have been a BIG play...sadly, it was all for naught. Still, he should get credit for his hustle on that play.

Archived