Very Interesting

Reedy is by no means the end all be all but I think he's pretty connected and he seems to always ask good questions so Marvin doesnt hate him.

I just asked him not to name names but out of Brat, Zamp, Shepp, and Paul how many he thought would be back.

His response was....I'll set the over/under at 3

Does it mean that if marvin gets his way he replaces 3 or maybe even all 4 and if MB gets his way he replace 2??? I dont know but I wasnt figuring that to be his response

you can make a case for each of those coaches to be gone. either poor performance, or promotion opportunity somewhere, or fan outrage/public perception....

but that goes for just about any staff..

i dont think there is a single staff member here who is a lock in with no doubts at all....

simmons might be gone too, the special teams ahve been pathetic aside from a few decent returns.. first guy making tackle down field, bad blocking, kick game is poop except punts, and coverage on punts isnt great.. etc.. and this isnt a new problem really..

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1294200973' post='958347']
you can make a case for each of those coaches to be gone. either poor performance, or promotion opportunity somewhere, or fan outrage/public perception....

but that goes for just about any staff..

i dont think there is a single staff member here who is a lock in with no doubts at all....

simmons might be gone too, the special teams ahve been pathetic aside from a few decent returns.. first guy making tackle down field, bad blocking, kick game is poop except punts, and coverage on punts isnt great.. etc.. and this isnt a new problem really..
[/quote]
you say that and I dont disagree but somehow punt coverage was #1 in the NFL this year

[quote name='bengalsdave985' timestamp='1294201114' post='958350']
you say that and I dont disagree but somehow punt coverage was #1 in the NFL this year
[/quote]

Did Huber shank as many as a rookie? It seems like that guy took steps backwards and was alot more inconsistent than he was as a rookie.

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1294233649' post='958553']
Did Huber shank as many as a rookie? It seems like that guy took steps backwards and was alot more inconsistent than he was as a rookie.
[/quote]

Huber was pretty bad as a rookie actually. He looked good to us because Kyle Larson was even worse, but he was bottom 10 last year. He was top 10 this year. He's still not as good as some of the best at pinning opponents inside the 10, or better yet, the 5, but his distance is great when we're pinned back.

[quote name='SlantNGo' timestamp='1294234191' post='958558']
Huber was pretty bad as a rookie actually. He looked good to us because Kyle Larson was even worse, but he was bottom 10 last year. He was top 10 this year. He's still not as good as some of the best at pinning opponents inside the 10, or better yet, the 5, but his distance is great when we're pinned back.
[/quote]

:thumbsup:

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1294200973' post='958347']
i dont think there is a single staff member here who is a lock in with no doubts at all....[/quote]

Anderson is a lock. I don't see him going anywhere for a long time. He does have a successful track record developing players but can't say the same thing for others on the staff.

In regards to over under; Doesn't over under at 3 mean that the actual number will be either higher or lower than that number ? If that is the case Reedy thinks the number of those mentioned coming back will be 3.

Please let two of them go and make sure one of them is Paul Alexander... Puhlease... Promote Zimmer to Asst. Head Coach and give him some experience in that area...

[quote name='Numbers' timestamp='1294234637' post='958561']
Anderson is a lock. I don't see him going anywhere for a long time. He does have a successful track record developing players but can't say the same thing for others on the staff.

In regards to over under; Doesn't over under at 3 mean that the actual number will be either higher or lower than that number ? If that is the case Reedy thinks the number of those mentioned coming back will be 3.

Please let two of them go and make sure one of them is Paul Alexander... Puhlease... Promote Zimmer to Asst. Head Coach and give him some experience in that area...
[/quote]

That's what I thought too. 3 of the 4 would be back.

Archived