First Mock of 2011

Jason

Sadly I think both Bowers and Fairley will go in the top 3.

1. AJ Green WR UGa 6'4" 212 4.49
One of the top 3 WR prospects in the past several years. Great hands, very good route runner, size and speed that Carson will love. Willing blocker who will improve as he gets stronger.

2. Marvin Austin DT UNC 6'3" 310 4.96
Good size and strength, great first step quickness. A true Mike Brown pick.

3. Tyler Sash SS Iowa 6'1" 210 4.59
Ball hawking (no pun intended) SS with adequate size and speed.

4. John Moffitt OG Wisconsin 6'4" 323 5.26
Mauler on one of the best O-lines in the country. Will start right away.

5. Markus White DE FSU 6'4" 262 4.69
Developmental player, will contribute on teams right away. Had 8 sacks for FSU.

6. Brian Rolle LB tOSU 5'10" 218 4.59
Too small to be an every down LB in the AFCN, he has good speed, is a sure tackler, and will be a strong contributor on special teams immediately.

7. Ryan James CB NW Missouri State 5'11" 195 4.42
Good size and speed combination, was a coaches selection as D II All American. Another developmental/Teams player with a ton of upside.

[quote name='NASTYNATI' timestamp='1295408905' post='962956']
I live in Tallahassee, I've watched Markus White play... No thanks. On the other hand has anyone commented on AJ Green and his character? I don't want another diva receiver here what's the word on this guy?
[/quote]

I haven't heard a bad thing about his character, and seeing him in interviews he's one of the more humble WR's I've seen.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' timestamp='1295443759' post='962989']
Videos I have seen of Green reminds me of how Chad used to play minus the pouting....
[/quote]

I could definitely see that.

He's kind of the combination of all the best skills of Chad and Henry.

I still prefer Fairley as a draft option, but I don't see how anyone would be shitting the bed over Green/Simpson/Shipley/Caldwell/Gresham/Coffman.

Give Simpson and Caldwell modest extensions, and your WR and TE spots are locked up for the next 4 years barring serious injuries.

IMO Green is hands down the safest pick in the draft.

not a diva at all, sold his independence bowl jersey (not even sure if he was the one who sold it) for a grand and was suspended 4 games, only thing that would even marginally raise a red flag and i dont think it does at all. funny how Pryor sold his gear for over twice that amount and only got 1 more game suspension and it was pushed to next year.

if we get any of Fairley, Bowers, Green i will be very happy. I lean toward AJ b/c hes the best WR and with Chad probably not being there they need that true #1 guy. There is some young talent who we all are excited about but I still think they need to add that elite type guy like a Calvin, Fitz, or Andre Johnson. The other thing about Green I love is he just doesnt drop passes

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1295406586' post='962945']
Sadly I think both Bowers and Fairley will go in the top 3.

1. AJ Green WR UGa 6'4" 212 4.49
One of the top 3 WR prospects in the past several years. Great hands, very good route runner, size and speed that Carson will love. Willing blocker who will improve as he gets stronger.

2. Marvin Austin DT UNC 6'3" 310 4.96
Good size and strength, great first step quickness. A true Mike Brown pick.

3. Tyler Sash SS Iowa 6'1" 210 4.59
Ball hawking (no pun intended) SS with adequate size and speed.

4. John Moffitt OG Wisconsin 6'4" 323 5.26
Mauler on one of the best O-lines in the country. Will start right away.

5. Markus White DE FSU 6'4" 262 4.69
Developmental player, will contribute on teams right away. Had 8 sacks for FSU.

6. Brian Rolle LB tOSU 5'10" 218 4.59
Too small to be an every down LB in the AFCN, he has good speed, is a sure tackler, and will be a strong contributor on special teams immediately.

7. Ryan James CB NW Missouri State 5'11" 195 4.42
Good size and speed combination, was a coaches selection as D II All American. Another developmental/Teams player with a ton of upside.
[/quote]

moffit won't last that long. he'd be more like our 2nd round pick. and like nasty living in tally gives me a first hand look at FSU and i agree pass on markcus white

[quote name='bengalsfan850' timestamp='1295724329' post='963886']
moffit won't last that long. he'd be more like our 2nd round pick. and like nasty living in tally gives me a first hand look at FSU and i agree pass on markcus white
[/quote]

And Rey Maualuga was a first round pick.

That's where CBSSportsline.com has him.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/TSX/2011_OG

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1295732793' post='963919']
And Rey Maualuga was a first round pick.

That's where CBSSportsline.com has him.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/TSX/2011_OG
[/quote]

there's a little bit of a diff in being a first rounder and going 8th or 9th in the 2nd and being a 2nd rounder and sliding all the way to four. plus i think he will be the first guard off the board

[quote name='bengalsfan850' timestamp='1295786699' post='963972']
there's a little bit of a diff in being a first rounder and going 8th or 9th in the 2nd and being a 2nd rounder and sliding all the way to four. plus i think he will be the first guard off the board
[/quote]

No one I have seen has him a second round prospect. The highest I have seen is early 3 in Walterfootball's mock.

CBSSports, the site I used to make this mock, has him 133 overall and a 4th round prospect.

DraftCountdown has him 93 overall, a late 3.

So, him being there at the top of 4 right now is not unreasonable at all.

[quote name='bengalsfan850' timestamp='1295786699' post='963972']
[/quote]

i think he could be in legitimate consideration for the (our) 2nd pick of the 3rd round. that might be a stretch, but then again, the 3rd pick in the 2nd round is likely reaching a bit. you could probably safely say his value is actually in the middle of those two areas. that's where i see him going, but i have a pretty high regard for him.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1295792773' post='963995']
No one I have seen has him a second round prospect. The highest I have seen is early 3 in Walterfootball's mock.

CBSSports, the site I used to make this mock, has him 133 overall and a 4th round prospect.

DraftCountdown has him 93 overall, a late 3.

So, him being there at the top of 4 right now is not unreasonable at all.
[/quote]

all i know is every one on that wisconson o-line in every game i saw except the tcu game was pounding the shit out of people

Archived