The March Madness Thread

JC

[quote name='steggyD' timestamp='1301115055' post='980086']
Oh, and I want a gif of that ball thrown from Harrelson to Sullinger. The out of bounds play. I rewound and played that through the whole commercial break, laughed so hard. That was great!
[/quote]
[img]http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/ROCKETARM.gif.pagespeed.ce.ads-O2ca2h.gif[/img]

I can't believe Thad didn't call a time out to draw up a play to get Diebler a ball on that last possession. Great recruiter, not a great guy on the X's and O's.

Game was incredible though. Can't believe Lamb had such a poor game. Dude is a stud. Harrelson reminds me of Zoubek last year. DeAndre Liggins was awesome tonight. Brandon Knight didn't play great, but showed why he is going to make a great NBA PG next year with that shot at the end. Terrence Jones is just a fuggin' load. Cal should use him a lot like Derrick Williams is used. Get him on the pick and roll a lot more and feed him inside the post more! Lord have mercy.

When it comes to guard play, UK has two absolute studs back there. Brandon Knight is a top 5 college PG. Went off for thirty two games ago and could do it again. Even though he isn't Nolan Smith, Kendal Marshall is sllllooooowwwww. Molasses like. Nolan killed the kid this year. Kendall has been in a bit of a funk ever since teams have slacked off him a bit. Not a very good shooter and not a very good finisher. He does penetrate and dish with the best of him. He might have the best vision of all the PG's in college right now. Guy is a pinpoint passer. Cannot let Kendall Marshall beat you. He is the engine of this team. He is the reason for their turn around this year. They were returning to the NIT before Kendall came back. I know for a fact that B.Knight is a explosive player. Could have a fantastic day. At two guard, the Holes put Dexter Strickland out there and he cannot shoot, plays decent defense and is good in transition. Lamb might be neutralized by Dexter, who is very athletic and can shut a player down, or he can over-pursue and get burnt, hence Seth Curry's 20 point effort against UNX. Very vulnerable too getting in foul trouble. They will put Leslie McDonald out there too and he shoots decently. Not much to worry about though. At the three, they put out Harrison "douchebag" Barnes. He is a douche, like I mentioned and a mouth-breather. Fuck him. Anyways, he has hit some fire lately and is getting his. In the match-up with Duke though, Kyle Singler was physical with him and played some kick ass defense and just dominated him. From what I have seen, DeAndre Liggings, is a lock-down defender and from what I saw tonight, dude seems to have a nasty streak. If he shuts Barnes down, who will get some tacky fouls, I promise, it could be really ugly. Harrison plays good solid D though and will probably limit Liggins' opportunities. He isn't as athletic as Liggins' though. Guard play adv: UK.

Carolina folds easily to teams that play good hard-nosed defense. They should have been outed earlier in the tourney by UW, but UW had a few calls go the wrong way. If Brandon Knight can slap Kendall around and Terrence Jones has his way with stick-figure Henson, Big Blue is going to the final four to face Kemba/Williams. They do seem to pull out the close games though. Don't let the game be close, because Barnes has put a dagger in a few teams this year. Good luck UK. Fuck UNC, Roy, Dean, and everything associated with those assholes. I'd rather eat my own vomit then see them and their arrogant prick coach in the final 4. Not to mention

UK: 82
UNX: 2

I hope.

Sully saying he is coming back to college. I hope he does and it influences Kyrie to come back as well. Heard Sully was a really good dude too.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1301113017' post='980080']
I didn't say the refs costed Ohio State the game. I said they could have called a
bunch more fouls on Kentucky. And they could have. The were chippy as hell.
And sure as hell didn't get all of those blocks clean.

But whatever. The Buckeyes beat themselves. Yay you!

Anyway, everyone talks about all the Buckeye homers on this site.
Hell, there are more Buckeye haters on here and more Kentucky lovers
than there are Buckeye homers.

By the way, you all suck. Kentucky fans are what has made me hate them.
[/quote]

All of us UK fans aren't that bad Old. It's just the worst are the loudest. I'm also a die hard Bengals fan. But I assure you I did not boo Carson when he passed the 20,000 yard mark against Tampa Bay. But once again the worst ones were the loudest. Every fanbase has their share and Ohio St is no exception.

Kentuckys length really bothered OSU tonight. They really got out and guarded the 3. UK's defense was the difference in the game. This team has grown up. It no longer has to have monster games from its freshmen to win. Who would've thought they could have taken out Ohio St with the Freshmen putting up the numbers they did? A combined 23 points.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1301113017' post='980080']
I didn't say the refs costed Ohio State the game. I said they could have called a
bunch more fouls on Kentucky. And they could have. The were chippy as hell.
And sure as hell didn't get all of those blocks clean.

But whatever. The Buckeyes beat themselves. Yay you!

Anyway, everyone talks about all the Buckeye homers on this site.
Hell, there are more Buckeye haters on here and more Kentucky lovers
than there are Buckeye homers.

By the way, you all suck. Kentucky fans are what has made me hate them.
[/quote]
what a bitter bitch. stfu and go cry about it. all i heard all before this fucking game was how awesome osu is. blah blah blah. UK is the greatest college basketball program EVER. what the fuck do you expect? OSU fucking sucks. the fans fucking suck. get over yourselves

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1301113833' post='980085']
You're fucking insane. The game was a slugfest from the get go. Boo fucking hoo.
[/quote]

Why are you crying?

[quote name='Bengal Cat' timestamp='1301119628' post='980090']
All of us UK fans aren't that bad Old. It's just the worst are the loudest. I'm also a die hard Bengals fan. But I assure you I did not boo Carson when he passed the 20,000 yard mark against Tampa Bay. But once again the worst ones were the loudest. Every fanbase has their share and Ohio St is no exception.
[/quote]

I didn't say all were bad. But I have A LOT of family in Kentucky and they made me hate them.
Some fans here on this site haven't helped matters any, at all.

I didn't come here to talk shit. I never talked shit to Jamie when his team lost
to Ohio State. I didn't talk shit when I found out about the matchup with Kentucky.
I wouldn't have came here and talked shit if the Buckeyes had won. I was ranting
after a close, hard fought, upset loss.

So please pardon me. Glad you have some decency about it.

[quote name='B.A.B.' timestamp='1301134291' post='980095']
what a bitter bitch. stfu and go cry about it. all i heard all before this fucking game was how awesome osu is. blah blah blah. UK is the greatest college basketball program EVER. what the fuck do you expect? OSU fucking sucks. the fans fucking suck. get over yourselves
[/quote]

Oh fuck you. It is fans like YOU that made me hate them.
And they are only the 'greatest" because they help your Dad pay his bills.
Memphis was the greatest when they did, huh? So eat shit.

Kentucky was definitely the more physical team. That said, they got away with quite a few fouls in the 2nd half.

What won them the game was their defense. They were all over OSU all night, and I thought OSU did a poor job of offensive rebounding outside of Sullinger.

Player of the game was whoever was guarding Diebler. He was covered most of the night, and OSU didn't do a good job of designing plays for him. Especially on the last play. No reason he should have been the inbounds man. Takes him completely out of the play.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1301139012' post='980099']

Oh fuck you. It is fans like YOU that made me hate them.
And they are only the 'greatest" because they help your Dad pay his bills.
Memphis was the greatest when they did, huh? So eat shit.
[/quote]

he's only been a bandwagon fan for what, 6 months? He's still learning.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1301141197' post='980100']
Kentucky was definitely the more physical team. That said, they got away with quite a few fouls in the 2nd half.

What won them the game was their defense. They were all over OSU all night, and I thought OSU did a poor job of offensive rebounding outside of Sullinger.

[b]Player of the game was whoever was guarding Diebler[/b]. He was covered most of the night, and OSU didn't do a good job of designing plays for him. Especially on the last play. No reason he should have been the inbounds man. Takes him completely out of the play.
[/quote]

Deandre Liggins, a Billy Gillispie leftover. Once he was a turnover machine, now coach Cal has turned him into a defensive monster.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1301139012' post='980099']
Why are you crying?

[/quote]

Tears of joy. And I still don't know what game you were watching. The refs let them play, both teams were extremely physical. And UK just played better defense. That's all.

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1301143927' post='980113']
Tears of joy. And I still don't know what game you were watching. The refs let them play, both teams were extremely physical. And UK just played better defense. That's all.
[/quote]

Great Bung. Really happy for you. Not really, as you talked shit
before the game even started. So yeah.

Great Defense and refs let them play, my ass though.
Of course you watched the game through biased eyes,
as did I. So why even go on about it? It's not like it is
something we are going to agree on.

Whatever though. I am not here to flame. I was here to rant.

So eat shit. :on_the_quiet:

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1301112222' post='980073']
Good game shitty ending.

Ohio State beat themselves. I don't care what anyone says.

I hate Kentucky with a fucking passion.

Sickening that Ohio State lost to them. I would almost rather have lost to anyone else.
[/quote]

Kentucky beat OSU and the shitty refs.

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1301159134' post='980162']
UNC gave them hell on the inside back in December. I remember thinking/hoping Kanter would be cleared and needing him to have any shot at a successful tourney after that game.
[/quote]
Harrelson wasn't playing well back then though, was he? I haven't keep up that well with UK basketball this year. But Henson and Zeller just get pushed around in the paint by bigger dudes. Henson actually lets the person body them up and then takes a quick step back to try to get a travel which usually just results in two points for the other team. One thing John Henson does good though, is that he alters shots really well. Playing on Terrence Jones though, he should be pulled away from the basket quite a bit. If Harrelson keeps Zeller contained and Liggins alters Barnes shot's it should be UK's day and I am pulling for them 120%.

I'm really not sure how UNX kept up with UK this year. I really think that UK is very superior to these guys.

Kentucky had 4 guys foul out of the game last time they played UNC. Plus Harrelson is a completely different player. But with all that said UNC is a much better team then they were in December. If UK comes out and plays solid D and the freshman actually contribute this game, UK should win.

Maybe its time to play a zone. Pack it in and make Carolina win the game from outside. UK played "zero" zone against UNC in December. I know Cal loves man to man but they did play some 2-3 in the SEC tourney and against WVU. So at least they've been working on it.....lol. Only thing is, they didn't rebound real well out of the zone.

I was born in Lexington, old. You don't know shit about me so don't try to air me out on some fucking message board. I've always been a UK fan. Ever since I moved to Cincy all vie seen was shitty osu fans bragging for absolutely nothing. Go fuck yourself. I cheer for Memphis still because I love the city and I love the program and I love the dedication the fans have for memphis basketball. But UK has always been number one for me.

Don't act like you know shit because you don't

And UK is the greatest program in NCAA history. Duh. Winning.

Just look up the stats yourself, you bitter bitch

Just like an OSU fan to try and make shit personal. Saying shit about my dad LIKE YOU KNOW ME. He doesn't even work with basketball, man. I've been riding UK my whole life. For you to try and say that...like get it together. That's fuckin weak

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1301169284' post='980196']
BAB, question, didn't you go to Louisville at one point? Why go to UK's rival instead of UK?
[/quote]

at the time billy was the head coach at uk. pitino was at UL when i went there. only for a year. my dad was with pitino at UK when i was a baby up through probably the 92 season after laettner. i love that family. and rick took care of me when i was a manager for the bball team there. but it wasnt a right fit for me. the rivalry has never been a huge thing for me because i never lived in lexington when i was old enough to understand. so i always root for both teams in the tourney. UL shit the bed though, and i have UK winning it all....like i always do. kinda a homer for UK basketball, but then again, i always have the bengals winning it all haha

[quote name='B.A.B.' timestamp='1301173740' post='980204']
at the time billy was the head coach at uk. pitino was at UL when i went there. only for a year. my dad was with pitino at UK when i was a baby up through probably the 92 season after laettner. i love that family. and rick took care of me when i was a manager for the bball team there. but it wasnt a right fit for me. the rivalry has never been a huge thing for me because i never lived in lexington when i was old enough to understand. so i always root for both teams in the tourney. UL shit the bed though, and i have UK winning it all....like i always do. kinda a homer for UK basketball, but then again, i always have the bengals winning it all haha
[/quote]

Cool story! Man, that 1997 team Pitino put together should have won it all. They were [i][u]loaded[/u][/i]. The most recent championship banners hanging in Rupp Arena should read 1996, 1997, 1998. Although that 1996 team just blew everybody out practically every game.

Archived