The March Madness Thread

JC

[quote name='steggyD' timestamp='1301115055' post='980086']
Oh, and I want a gif of that ball thrown from Harrelson to Sullinger. The out of bounds play. I rewound and played that through the whole commercial break, laughed so hard. That was great!
[/quote]
[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1301118661' post='980088']
[img]http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/ROCKETARM.gif.pagespeed.ce.ads-O2ca2h.gif[/img]
[/quote]
[img]http://img32.mediafire.com/fbc8210cad951d700cb91121b1f46acf3c70959e46398eaee69a4c16c58c14b54g.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1301177838' post='980213']
Cool story![b] Man, that 1997 team Pitino put together should have won it all.[/b] They were [i][u]loaded[/u][/i]. The most recent championship banners hanging in Rupp Arena should read 1996, 1997, 1998. Although that 1996 team just blew everybody out practically every game.
[/quote]

Derek Anderson

[quote name='B.A.B.' timestamp='1301169088' post='980195']
Just like an OSU fan to try and make shit personal. Saying shit about my dad LIKE YOU KNOW ME. He doesn't even work with basketball, man. I've been riding UK my whole life. For you to try and say that...like get it together. That's fuckin weak
[/quote]

You made it personal. Go read what you said in response to me saying something
that didn't insult you or address you at all.

It had nothing to do with being an OSU fan. Good Lord. You called me names
and insulted me, I responded accordingly.

But I'll apologize anyway. I was pissed and ranting in general. You put me on blast
so I blasted back. But I went too far. And regret what I said. Sorry man.

You all just don't know how a lot of my family turned me against UK.
I would go there to visit every weekend when I was younger. And it wasn't
just 1 or 2 family members that were like this. More like 20.

I would be like "So what do y'all think bout them Reds?"

"GO UK!"

So I would be like ... "Umm, OK. So how bout them Bengals?"

"WILDCATS BABY!!!"

UGH.

It didn't matter what time of year it was, all they wanted to talk about
was UK BASKETBALL. I was like, so what bout UK's Football team?

"REX-INGTON BABY!"

They were just soooo annoying. And although I liked UK at the time,
I started rooting against them BECAUSE I was sick of hearing about them.
And that hate has grown over the years. And yesterday's loss by Ohio State
sure as hell didn't help matters, ANY.

Oh well. Wish I could tell you all good luck in the Tourney. I hate UNC too.
But it is like rooting for the Stealers to beat the Jets. Either way it is a loss to me.

UF-Butler was a great game today. Brad Stevens is doing something else with that Butler Bulldog team. Congrats to him.

Glad to see Kemba emerge to the FF. Has to be the front-runner for NPOY and it's much deserved.

Tomorrow should be a couple of great ones. Hoping for a Big blue and KU win.

[center][img]http://www.lezebre.lu/images/i-love.gif[/img][/center]
[center][img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_x67LgYIGjlw/S8ec9xRb6wI/AAAAAAAACPk/0L_I5nRLj1E/s1600/Brandon+Knight.png[/img][/center]

I don't give Cal a lot of credit, but he had his kids ready to go today. They were hitting all their open shots and he called timeouts during the right times. I'm impressed. He is a incredible recruiter, but his X's and O's were on today. I'm not rooting for them the rest of the way, only because Cal doesn't need any more help in recruiting than he already gets. It does remind me very, very, much of the Duke team of last year.

I'm rooting for Butler the rest of the way, because of the Horizon connection. I think VCU would be one of the biggest Cinderella stories ever, Kemba Walker is a incredible student-athlete, and UK just knocked UNC out. I have 0 problem with whoever wins. Just don't want Calhoun or Cal to have any more ammo than they already have.

Regardless, great games today!

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1301268556' post='980369']
I don't give Cal a lot of credit, but he had his kids ready to go today. They were hitting all their open shots and he called timeouts during the right times. I'm impressed. He is a incredible recruiter, but his X's and O's were on today. I'm not rooting for them the rest of the way, only because Cal doesn't need any more help in recruiting than he already gets. It does remind me very, very, much of the Duke team of last year.

[b]I'm rooting for Butler the rest of the way, because of the Horizon connection.[/b] I think VCU would be one of the biggest Cinderella stories ever, Kemba Walker is a incredible student-athlete, and UK just knocked UNC out. I have 0 problem with whoever wins. Just don't want Calhoun or Cal to have any more ammo than they already have.

Regardless, great games today!
[/quote]

what's your Horizon connection?

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1301277799' post='980385']
oh sweet, I got my masters from WSU.

How do you like it? I was just on campus Wednesday.
[/quote]
So far, so good. Great business school, not to mention Rike hall is a pretty impressive building. About 30 minutes to and then from. Not too expensive either so I dig it. Haven't really gotten into the campus lifestyle since I commute, but it was better than spending 6 grand to live with someone I didn't know. I think I'll eventually move into a apartment there with some buddies, but it's a great school, especially during the fall. Great atmosphere. The wind really whips across the campus though during winter. Learning the tunnels is almost essential.

Heard the masters program was extremely difficult, so congrats on that. That's awesome.

know what was awesome about that last game? one possession where brandon knight and josh harrellson kept going in and out of this pick and roll with each other. ended up with josh passing to brandon i think and brandon hitting the jumper. it was just so slick and so well put together. i couldn't believe it was happening lol

[quote name='B.A.B.' timestamp='1301324814' post='980425']
know what was awesome about that last game? one possession where brandon knight and josh harrellson kept going in and out of this pick and roll with each other. ended up with josh passing to brandon i think and brandon hitting the jumper. it was just so slick and so well put together. i couldn't believe it was happening lol
[/quote]
I was surprised at how well a big guy like Harrellson could take his man off the dribble. He is fairly agile.

That was an awesome two man game at that point.

Another slick play from the OSU game was Liggins drove then did a quick bounce pass to Harrelson for the bucket, it might have been a 3 point play.

Liggins and Harrelson are just showing some depth to their games that they never got credit for in the past.

I guy like Liggins that can handle the ball some, drive some, shoot some, and give you great defense is invaluable. Does alot of things just less that great but well above good.

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1301339125' post='980481']

I guy like Liggins that can handle the ball some, drive some, shoot some, and give you great defense is invaluable. Does alot of things just less that great but well above good.
[/quote]

I agree but he wasn't always that way. Gillispie wanted him to be a scorer first and foremost, and Liggins was young and very turnover prone. I think he was being asked to shoulder too much of that part of his game too soon.

As I was telling everyone I know ... I hope UK wins, cause I'm a fan, but I think UConn is gonna win it all. They get all the calls their way. It has already been chosen by the NCAA. Seasons are so easy to pick out anymore in any sport. This crooked world is growing tired on me.

BTW, I'm not saying this whole final four game was decided by the refs, it's just plain obvious sometimes what team is going to win it all.

I hope Butler wins it all to shut these critics up. I am so tired of critics dodging mid majors.

There was rioting in Richmond last night, but at least they weren't like MD and burn couches and power lines:
http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2011/04/03/this-is-the-highest-quality-video-footage-of-vcu-fans-rioting-in-richmond-last-night/comment-page-1/

Archived