Michelle Bachman promises $2/gal gas if elected

Go Skins

[quote name='Numbers' timestamp='1313890552' post='1018311']

Just goes to show you that most politicians are cock gobblers regardless of the party affiliation...

The guy in the background looks like Adolf Hitler...

[img]http://www.ww2shots.com/gallery/d/2747-1/Adolf+Hitler+color+photo-ww2shots.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

BAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

BAM! Right to the head!

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1314739589' post='1023407']
gas is only $3.20 here, $1.25 gallon savings isnt that interesting...

combined the wife and I might save $70/mo on the worst gas month...

40-50 normal months...

but those driving vehicles with horrid gas mileage would be overjoyed..
[/quote]

So would anyone that buys groceries or consumer goods. Transportation costs are built into the cost of everything we buy.

me and some pals are renting an RV in the desert southwest (Las Vegas to Phoenix, the long way) and I budgeted 10mpg @ $4.00/gallon. Turns out the RV officially gets 8-10 mpg (not a bad estimate on my part, I guess), and who knows what the price of gas will be in November. Most of us earn Euros or Pounds, so the $ exchange rate will be key to a cheap vacation.

Budgeting for $4 per gallon is a good price point, as the prices tend to be significantly higher in the "in between" points out here. For example if the PPG is $3.50 in Las Vegas, and you take the 93\40 over to AZ, you could expect to pay anywhere from $4 to $4.25 per gallon in Williams, AZ.

Speaking of Williams, they've got a nice train ride up to the Grand Canyon that leaves from there, including a "train robbery for tips" on the way back which most European folk find quaint...

• 2 weeks later...
Reducing the price of gas $1.50 wouldn't be terribly hard. Allow drilling in ANWR, allow for construction of new refineries, allow the US to drill in the gulf closer to shore, and reduce federal gasoline taxes. The government makes more money off a galon of gas than the oil companies profit from it.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1316105368' post='1031385']
Reducing the price of gas $1.50 wouldn't be terribly hard. Allow drilling in ANWR, allow for construction of new refineries, allow the US to drill in the gulf closer to shore, and reduce federal gasoline taxes. The government makes more money off a galon of gas than the oil companies profit from it.
[/quote]

Supply isnt the problem. Read the Wikileaks cables on the Saudi's saying as much.

The problem is speculation.

Archived