Damn.

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1317224647' post='1037482']

LOL

Me? I love this team.. I love watching them (or listening). It seems to me the people gnashing teeth, bitching and moaning are the "crybabies". I watch football to have fun. Not to get all menstrual over and act like it is ruining my life.

I think a lot of people try to live vicariously through the success of a professional football team, and that's why they are so bitter. It's pretty sad really.

If I ever get to the point that being a Bengals fan pisses me off and starts to negatively affect my life I'll stop doing it.. I guess that makes me a "cry baby" ??

O.K.
[/quote]

Well said.

Plus it keeps me from saying anything to the [s]crying bitch asses[/s] "REALISTS"

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1317219117' post='1037466']

The Colts sucked before Peyton, and will likely suck after he is gone. That whole team is built around having likely the best to ever play the game at QB, and without him they will need to completely rebuild.

My Dad finally cashed his Bengals fan card in years ago, but he lives in Indy, and just got fed up with Mike Brown. I feel sorry for him with Peyton gone, he is stuck with some pretty uninspiring football right now.
[/quote]
They will get Andrew Luck and the Colts will be back on top soon. IMO

[quote name='Smizno' timestamp='1317228425' post='1037506']
Some people are content with losing and they have fun while doing it or watching it.
[/quote]

I don't like the Bengals to lose. And when they do, it sucks.. But yes I still enjoy watching the game. Because in reality I have lost nothing. My life is no worse for the Bengals losing. I would have had more fun had they won, but I still enjoyed watching the game last week.

On a personal level I can't stand losing.. Any of my friends will tell you I'm an awful loser. I get mean and mad and say/do stupid shit. The problem is, that you and others like you somehow confuse personal success and Bengals success.

Let me straighten in out for you. The Bengals winning makes you no more a winner than you already were. Nor does the Bengals losing make you a loser or content with "losing". All it means is that the Bengals lost (or won) a professional football game.

The only thing that makes you a loser is if for some reason you have twisted your self identity with a professional sports franchise, and willingly torture yourself because of it.. I don't know any other way to describe that other than "losing".

[quote name='bengalsfan850' timestamp='1317233796' post='1037532']being a bengals fan is like only having a warm beer when you're thirsty, not what you want ideally but you drink it any ways[/quote]

Due to all of the "rejects" from other teams that have found their way onto the Bengal roster, [b]some[/b] might say that it's more like drinking warm piss. :shrug:

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1317224647' post='1037482']

LOL

Me? I love this team.. I love watching them (or listening). It seems to me the people gnashing teeth, bitching and moaning are the "crybabies". I watch football to have fun. Not to get all menstrual over and act like it is ruining my life.

I think a lot of people try to live vicariously through the success of a professional football team, and that's why they are so bitter. It's pretty sad really.

If I ever get to the point that being a Bengals fan pisses me off and starts to negatively affect my life I'll stop doing it.. I guess that makes me a "cry baby" ??

O.K.
[/quote]

solid post. i now take this philosophy w/ bengals football whether they win or lose day wont be affected at all, lll enjoy the game the same if they win or lose. not to mention my expectations of the bengals now and going forward are very very low which makes it easy.

Archived