THE Ohio State Football Thread

BigDawgBengal

He's done.
Likely will medical redshirt and come back in 2015.

Are you saying that, or a source? I haven't looked into it beyond the announcement he was done since then, but I saw speculation before the official that he might leave. I think his draft stock would be better if he came back (and had a good year, of course).

How well Barrett plays will also have an impact.

Are you saying that, or a source? I haven't looked into it beyond the announcement he was done since then, but I saw speculation before the official that he might leave. I think his draft stock would be better if he came back (and had a good year, of course).

Someone tweeted it but not sure who.

I just don't see him getting drafted earlier than like 5th round if he sits out this year and enters the draft.

But yes if Barrett shows a ton of potential, urban may not want to bench him for a year and that could force Braxton's hand.

Someone tweeted it but not sure who.

I just don't see him getting drafted earlier than like 5th round if he sits out this year and enters the draft.

But yes if Barrett shows a ton of potential, urban may not want to bench him for a year and that could force Braxton's hand.

From Bucknuts.com:

Will Miller Return?

Now the big question in regard to Miller is whether he will decide to return to Ohio State for a fifth year. Some people might think that’s a no-brainer (and I would tend to agree). But there are others that are adamant Miller will try his hand at the NFL even coming off the injury.

Former Ohio State defensive end Matt Finkes went as far as to say on Twitter Monday evening that fans who think Miller will return for a fifth season in 2015 “must be drunk.” Finkes’ rationale was that Miller nearly decided to turn pro after his junior season and there’s no way he’ll want any part of staying in school for a fifth year.

That might be true, but Miller was told after the 2013 season that he would likely be a fifth-round pick. Now, coming off the injury, he might be a seventh-rounder at best and could go completely undrafted. And that’s presuming his shoulder is even strong enough to throw at the combine, which is a massive assumption.

So, would Miller be willing to return to OSU in 2015 and risk further injury in order to improve his draft stock? Or might he want to go the professional route even if it meant catching on as an undrafted free agent and perhaps playing on a practice squad for a year or two? He might choose the latter option, simply to get paid. And with the hopes that he can cash in with his second contract.

But honestly, I think that’s a pipe dream. I just don’t see Miller making it as an NFL quarterback. To be clear, he would get a shot. He would be in someone’s camp and would probably make a practice squad. But as for that second contract and the idea of “cashing in” … it just seems farfetched. And that’s an understatement.

Even a healthy Miller would have had a tough time remaining in the NFL long-term because of several factors: His decision-making, inability to read defenses well, inaccuracy, and not ideal height for a quarterback. Add a shredded shoulder to all that and there’s a very realistic possibility that Miller’s football career is over. Hopefully it’s not. Hopefully he either returns to OSU in 2015 as a fifth-year senior, or makes a living playing professional football.

Although, the most-likely scenario, in the opinion here, is that Miller will return for his fifth-year. He likely won’t want to do that, but turning pro doesn’t seem like a legitimate option.

In the press release OSU sent out Miller says he's coming back.

He has to come back he has absolutely no future in the NFL. He's a good "college QB"

I wouldn't go that far.  His deficiencies at QB are coachable.

Or he could change positions.  Add a little upper body muscle and he could be a pretty good RB.

JT Barrett is taking a lot of heat online, and he shouldn't.  He's the least of Ohio States problems.

The Oline can't run block, and they can't pass block either.

I don't know who the heck Corey Smith is, or why he's playing, but he dropped 2 touchdown passes last night and also another pass.  Not sure why he's seeing time over Michael Thomas, Devin Smith and Evan Spencer, who are the 3 best WR's on the team.  On that note though, Spencer also had a deep pass he could have hauled in.  

Kicker missed 2 FG's and also after the Buckeyes tied the game, hit the kickoff out of bounds giving the Hokies great field position for what ended up being the winning touchdown.  

Buckeyes secondary is also a MAJOR liability.  Like MAJOR.

I blame the coaches for that loss.  They kept calling the slow developing plays against the VT blitz, and they could not protect Barrett long enough.

They needed more slants and screens and quick plays.

And the WRs didn't do any double moves that I saw.  They just ran straight down the field and could not get any separation from the CBs.

Archived