THE Ohio State Football Thread

BigDawgBengal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

yikes, after the dontrel wilson commit this guy is considering signing with Missouri, where both his parents went. He announces today at 5pm. Just Sunday his dad tweeted this picture. Crazy business recruiting is.

BCJ78UICUAE2Bs8.jpg

Ezekiel Elliot's gonna be a good one.  2 TD's and 162yds (on only 14 carries).  He and Dontre Wilson have brought SEC speed to the Big 1G.

• 2 months later...

That oughta help the D if they can find a coordinator that doesn't suck ass... 

Is it the coordinator, the talent, or the youth?

But what I am hearing is that Urban is looking to make a change.  Rumor has it if Fickel does not have a HC job elsewhere, he will not be asked to leave, but will be demoted.

But I hope Urban has someone else in mind, as Whithers does not have a great track record either.

Is it the coordinator, the talent, or the youth?

But what I am hearing is that Urban is looking to make a change.  Rumor has it if Fickel does not have a HC job elsewhere, he will not be asked to leave, but will be demoted.

But I hope Urban has someone else in mind, as Whithers does not have a great track record either.

What's that saying about OSU (as well as other programs)?  They don't rebuild, they reload.  The talent is there, and even taking into account the youth of the players, Fickel just seems to get out-schemed more often than not and can't adjust... 

What's that saying about OSU (as well as other programs)?  They don't rebuild, they reload.  The talent is there, and even taking into account the youth of the players, Fickel just seems to get out-schemed more often than not and can't adjust... 

When 6 of your front 7 are first year starters, that's an awfully big reload.  And their best young DT missed the start of the season with an injury.

Add to that their best DB had checked out mentally, and they lost their best starting safety to injury early in the year.

I'm not saying the D couldn't or shouldn't have been better, but I'm not convinced it was all on Luke.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting take on Braxton Miller form an NFL scout:

OK, here is the fun part. After taking to our source close to the staff, we called our NFL scouting source to see if he had heard the same – that Brax was returning to Columbus. What we got back was pretty interesting:

“I had not heard that but it does not surprise me,” the NFL scout said. “We are now through our pre-combine top 100 board. It is the first board we do. It gives us an idea of the players just on their college careers on the football field. Miller is not on that board. It never entered my mind to throw out there the possibility of him playing another position because he has the tools. He has better physical tools than Johnny Heisman. He has a stronger arm and is faster. Manziel makes plays but he is not the dangerous runner Miller is. If Miller had Manziel’s head he would be a few inches on height short of a perfect grade. He would be at the top of everyone’s board. That there are people in our league that do not see him as a quarterback despite those tools, that pretty much says it all. Tim Tebow was not on our top 100 board at any time because he can't throw the ball. That a kid can throw it but can't crack a top 100 list speaks volumes.”

So it will be interesting to see where it goes from here, huh?

Archived