*** FINISHED BASEMENT - its over... ***

GoBengals

Softspring "envious II" carpet from Home Depot color: tinsnip I think #34 is color number. Did the scotch guard thick as fuck double moisture barrier pad as recommended with that carpet. That carpet is so damn soft. I can't wait.

Looks like it's a special order so it will be two weeks before its in. So looking at end of month for install.

Black widows can kiss my ass. I faking hate spiders.

Going through pile of crap in garage. Black widows everywhere. That's black widows 101 though. Piles of shit in garage is black widow dream scape.

Just the fucking worst.

*shivers*

Also apparently a large wasp was in there. I also dislike bees and wasps. Never been stung ever. So it's a stupid fear.

Looks like closed loop sculpted carpet. May just be shading. Nice color. I have regular closed loop with a darker brown color spectrum ( multiple browns in other words ) on a regular pee padding not the extra thick stuff. Nice job. I can only look at this thread while the wife is out of the room NSFW actually means not safe for wife...

Looks like closed loop sculpted carpet. May just be shading. Nice color. I have regular closed loop with a darker brown color spectrum ( multiple browns in other words ) on a regular pee padding not the extra thick stuff. Nice job. I can only look at this thread while the wife is out of the room NSFW actually means not safe for wife...

it falls under the "Texture" category. this is a close up of the fibers..

so its the normal strand carpet just multiple deptchs to give it the texture look...and soooo damn soft..

[attachment=1483:Screen Shot 2014-10-01 at 3.51.57 PM.png]

painting doors sucks...

the naked wood french doors... for fucks sake... 1.5 coats of primer(do a coat and as its mostly dry lather another on) just got the first coat of paint on one side of one of them... today i have painted 1 side of a door 8 times(totally all of the doors im doing) ... and i have 1 completed door. i MIGHT get the french doors done tonight.. then its onto the other 4 i have left, most have at least one coat on one side... so it wont be terrible.. by tomorrow night i should be done with doors..but im already sick of painting.. and cant wait to wipe my hands of this basement project...

then friday is haul shit to goodwill, caulk last touch up calking in the floor cracks before carpet, and re-arrange the black widow-filled garage...

Black widows can kiss my ass. I faking hate spiders.

Going through pile of crap in garage. Black widows everywhere. That's black widows 101 though. Piles of shit in garage is black widow dream scape.

Just the fucking worst.

*shivers*

Also apparently a large wasp was in there. I also dislike bees and wasps. Never been stung ever. So it's a stupid fear.

I have the same problems. I really hate wasps and bees though, I can look like a real bitch if there's a bee close to me. I think I've been stung one time by a bee, so I don't understand why they scare the shit out of me. I get woke up by nightmares, because I dream that there's a bee under the covers. It's weird. I also hate spiders. You can imagine how I feel when I schedule a home inspection, and find out there's a crawlspace for me to crawl through...

I have the same problems. I really hate wasps and bees though, I can look like a real bitch if there's a bee close to me. I think I've been stung one time by a bee, so I don't understand why they scare the shit out of me. I get woke up by nightmares, because I dream that there's a bee under the covers. It's weird. I also hate spiders. You can imagine how I feel when I schedule a home inspection, and find out there's a crawlspace for me to crawl through...

i bought Demon WP insecticide, shit is no joke. its a powner pack, you toss it in a sprayer with a gallon of water, it dissolves in there and mixes to make a spray... you spray it around the house/garage/etc an it leaves the powder.. anything that touches the powder dies.....

its hardcore shit... much more serious than the standard home defense ortho stuff.... and you get like 8 packets and a sprayer for what one gallon of home defense costs...

no help against bees or wasps but kills spiders and other crawlers..  i plan on doing this every 3 months around the house border and the garage...should be a solid system to rid myself of insects...

also a CLEAN garage will help...

if i never paint doors again, it will be too soon.

sliding hall doors(2): Done

French doors(2): done

2 hallway doors: (1 side done each, other side has 1 coat(both)

3rd hallway door: still needs 2 coats on both sides...

3rd coat on side of stairs going into basement: done

should be done with doors tomorrow...

just horrible..

all doors are officially painted....

gonna spend some time cleaning out the garage some more....

When you're done cleaning your garage, you can start on mine.  I have a very large garage, it gets bigger every time I tell the story...  It currently can not fit a single car in it.  I also have a house full of estate gathered items that would be considered antiques and or precious memories.  Looks like the garage room / workshop is on hold again.  All I need you to do is temporarily move it all outside, including the 1956 John Deere tractor ( which consumes a lot of space ) , and move it back in again once the room is done.  I pay in beers or bourbon by the hour.  Contact me with contract details...

When you're done cleaning your garage, you can start on mine.  I have a very large garage, it gets bigger every time I tell the story...  It currently can not fit a single car in it.  I also have a house full of estate gathered items that would be considered antiques and or precious memories.  Looks like the garage room / workshop is on hold again.  All I need you to do is temporarily move it all outside, including the 1956 John Deere tractor ( which consumes a lot of space ) , and move it back in again once the room is done.  I pay in beers or bourbon by the hour.  Contact me with contract details...

hahaha, im lucky to even be bothering with mine... i hate the garage... my wife wants to keep way too much shit... i want to get rid of it all...

i got one section "done" about to start on another.. i got a set of garage hooks to hang snow blowers and things of that nature from... so im going to get started on that.... i guess....  *sigh*

I could clean that out for you really quick.  

What are the arson laws in your state?

:ninja:

Building a house starting in April with a move in around August or September. Can't freaking wait. 

awesome, congrats! building is the way to go... i have a side goal of buying land to build my "retirement" home on in the next 5 years... pay off the land and build a house once the kids move out....slowly.. step by step... once this beast is paid off or otherwise financially capable, sell and retire...

i see the allure of non-home ownership... i can also see you having no interest in home maintenance, being busy chasing identity thieves and all...

Having the mechanical aptitude of a bowl of Jell-O makes it incredibly alluring.  :biglaugh:  Well, that and not having to pay for shit when it breaks.

And you would not believe the amount of time it takes to just start to get ID theft cleaned up... :glare:

Having the mechanical aptitude of a bowl of Jell-O makes it incredibly alluring.   :biglaugh:  Well, that and not having to pay for shit when it breaks.

And you would not believe the amount of time it takes to just start to get ID theft cleaned up... :glare:

I think, since 2005, the only true "breaks" I've had in a home is my AC went out, cost $300 to repair, and the igniter on my furnace went out, and cost me $200 to fix. Obviously, it helps that the homes I've owned in that time were built in 2005, and my newest house was built in 2007, but still...

I sold my old house to a large corporation (American Homes 4 Rent) that rents homes to people, and the rent they are charging is $400 more than my mortgage payment was.

I think, since 2005, the only true "breaks" I've had in a home is my AC went out, cost $300 to repair, and the igniter on my furnace went out, and cost me $200 to fix. Obviously, it helps that the homes I've owned in that time were built in 2005, and my newest house was built in 2007, but still...

I sold my old house to a large corporation (American Homes 4 Rent) that rents homes to people, and the rent they are charging is $400 more than my mortgage payment was.

That roof will need replaced eventually.  As will the water heater, the AC, the furnace, etc.

It may not have "broken" yet, but it's coming... 

That roof will need replaced eventually.  As will the water heater, the AC, the furnace, etc.

It may not have "broken" yet, but it's coming... 

i might be dead before my roof needs replaced... and for damn sure wont be living here...

tile roof, 50 year warranty...

water heater and furnace were construction grade-decent.. but not great... i will likely replace both BEFORE they break.... with more efficient options.. 5-8 years down the road...

im excited that we had the rainiest year in like 27 years here and my foundation didnt get ruined(expansive soils can suck my asshole).. so im good here..

my only fear is the sump pump going out and not noticing... i may replace that fucker every 6-7 years just in case... a TON of water rolls beneath this place... draining water since none of it soaks in this horrible clay, and these houses built on top of eachother...   it sucks... but it doesnt really affect me... unless that sump pump goes out..

im going to put a water sensor around it so i get a loud ass alarm if water rises in the sump well.

I could clean that out for you really quick.  

What are the arson laws in your state?

:ninja:

I'll pass but I do thank you for the offer... :blink:

i might be dead before my roof needs replaced... and for damn sure wont be living here...

tile roof, 50 year warranty...

water heater and furnace were construction grade-decent.. but not great... i will likely replace both BEFORE they break.... with more efficient options.. 5-8 years down the road...

im excited that we had the rainiest year in like 27 years here and my foundation didnt get ruined(expansive soils can suck my asshole).. so im good here..

my only fear is the sump pump going out and not noticing... i may replace that fucker every 6-7 years just in case... a TON of water rolls beneath this place... draining water since none of it soaks in this horrible clay, and these houses built on top of eachother...   it sucks... but it doesnt really affect me... unless that sump pump goes out..

im going to put a water sensor around it so i get a loud ass alarm if water rises in the sump well.

Putting a water sensor is a start.  Make sure the water sensor can go off even with a power outage.  IE... backup battery.  One step better would be a battery backup sump pump which usually have an alarm on them.  However, the best option is to just get a natural gas powered whole home backup generator.  We explored all options ( a few years back ) for my parents and settled on the generator.  Don't know if it increases home value but it would be a nice feature that homeowners would certainly never frown on to my knowledge.  Just be thankful you did not build over an old Indian cemetery.  I don't have any answers for that other than.... MOVE.  :telephone:

i am growing to hate this project...haha... the final stages of finish work are very demoralizing..

put up the sliding doors for the hallway closet.... and one side at the bottom, the drywall curves out/stick out about an inch, its gradual you cant tell by looking at it, but with the closet door slid closed... there is an inch gap at the top, other side is 100% straight...

after many fix considerations, looking online, etc.. its common, and trimming the door in the same shape is the best fix..

so we cut the door.. then had to sand it and repaint it...

a 30 second project turned into 5 hours of work and created a huge fucking mess all over...

Archived