Ravens game! planes,trains, and automobiles

So im scheduled to leave cincinnati Thursday morning for st louis to celebrate the holidsys with my wifes family. We planned on returning to cincinnati Monday morning, months ago I told my wife I would skip the ravens game unless it was a playoff situation. Now im coming home for the ravens game. Plan on leaving anytime between early Saturday morning(home in time for uc game) to Sunday morning(no tailgate, just the game). I have considered several options. Renting a car in st louis Saturday morning returning it in cincy Saturday night(around $120) flying home Saturday($276) flying fo louisville, rent a car for drive to cincy(around $200)

Anyone know any sites other than hotwire,orbitz that have flight and car rental deals? Also why is it that I can rent a car in cincy with unlimted mileage for $22 a day if I return it to cincy. But it is $132 to rent a car in st louis and leave it in cincy?

Anyone have any hook ups in the car rental or flight business. I would appreciate it.

[quote name='whodey24k' timestamp='1324959519' post='1080159']
So im scheduled to leave cincinnati Thursday morning for st louis to celebrate the holidsys with my wifes family. We planned on returning to cincinnati Monday morning, months ago I told my wife I would skip the ravens game unless it was a playoff situation. Now im coming home for the ravens game. Plan on leaving anytime between early Saturday morning(home in time for uc game) to Sunday morning(no tailgate, just the game). I have considered several options. Renting a car in st louis Saturday morning returning it in cincy Saturday night(around $120) flying home Saturday($276) flying fo louisville, rent a car for drive to cincy(around $200)

Anyone know any sites other than hotwire,orbitz that have flight and car rental deals? Also why is it that I can rent a car in cincy with unlimted mileage for $22 a day if I return it to cincy. But it is $132 to rent a car in st louis and leave it in cincy?

Anyone have any hook ups in the car rental or flight business. I would appreciate it.
[/quote]

Two reasons they charge more - one, they know you are putting a shitload of miles on it, instead of noodling around town, and second, they have to get the sucker back to St. Louis.

Have you looked at Greyhound? $68 one-way from STL to Cincinnati. The easiest looks like 1:20pm departure, 30minute transfer in Indianapolis, arrive Cincinnati 9:30pm. 7h 10m end-to-end.

Would offer to have you come stay with ABF Jr and me, but we're leaving Saturday to spend New Year's Eve at Fountain Square. There's a STL to Bloomington bus, but you'd have to leave at 3:30am to get here before we left (bus arrives 10:30am) and it's more expensive by a few bucks (fare is $75).

[quote name='CincyInDC' timestamp='1324990412' post='1080219']
Didn't see the ninja...I'm at work and I have images from here adblocked. I merely meant that Brent is a better man than CP. :)

I offer my apologies.
[/quote]

Whoa! No apology necessary and its fantastic that the misunderstanding was caught by both of us.
I hope he makes it, too, and would help out if I could.
I'm going to be there and wish everyone on the board could be there, too.

My one comment on this season's Bengals (besides they shocked the hell out of me and very pleasantly so!)
is that I don't think they have yet played a complete game; put it all together for a no doubt ass whoppin'
and the are so overdue. Which means they ARE due. Sunday, to be exact.
I thought last week was going to be the week but for whatever reason they had to make it ... interesting.

Sorry about you're being at work but hey... its one day closer to Sunday.

Hope all goes well with and for you and yours.

Brent: Check with Enterprise first - I had several freebies last year but those were only for local rentals. The franchisee is likely to stick you with a one-way drop charge, and the "free" portion is likely to be only the $20-30 that a local rental would cost. I may be wrong, but you may still want to explore options if I'm right.

[quote name='AmishBengalFan' timestamp='1325002328' post='1080267']
Brent: Check with Enterprise first - I had several freebies last year but those were only for local rentals. The franchisee is likely to stick you with a one-way drop charge, and the "free" portion is likely to be only the $20-30 that a local rental would cost. I may be wrong, but you may still want to explore options if I'm right.
[/quote]

I would also like to add, Brent, be DAMN careful when they try to add on their insurance.
You are covered by your own. I would check to make sure but it will be worth it.
Their insurance jacks up the cost considerably.
I had a particularly nasty incident a number of years ago when I said "no" to the insurance and the agent added it, anyway.
Maybe working on commission. I did the phone calls and letters to the company thing I was so angry and got a partial refund
but not all.
So be careful that they don't pull that crap on you.

Enjoy yourself and be safe.

I don't know why they would charge you more than a flat per day rate. I know the last time I had a rental car (last summer when my car was rear ended) from the Enterprise in Lawrenceburg I commented on the Tennessee tags on it. The guy explained to me that the stores no longer always keep their locally registered vehicles. That is to say, they have a corporate mixed/shared car inventory and don't need to drive the car back to the original rental place it came from. At least not right away. I think that's correct if I understand it right. But if you've got an offer of a free day from [b]coup[/b], shit...take it!

And since I didn't catch you in that other thread, i wanted to say again that you are an incredibly dedicated fan and I really enjoyed some of your tales of Mike Brown's wife. Kinda sheds another angle of light onto the Brown family and their level of dedication to the team and the fans.

I entered the info into my account and it showed a rental charge of $70 and my free day covered the whole thing. The only charges it showed me being responsible for was $2 in taxes. Just waiting on Brent's info to finalize the reservation for him.

Least I can do after all the hospitality he has shown me and my dad on our occasional trips up to Cincinnati for games.

[quote name='CincyInDC' timestamp='1325003963' post='1080275']
I had to pay a $500 drop fee when I drove from LA to Cincy last year. I doubt that corolla sees California again, but they charge nonetheless.
[/quote]

Oooops...I kinda forgot that in my case, the rental company knew I wasn't taking the car anywhere very far...I suspect that makes a huge difference!

:blush:

[quote name='coup000' timestamp='1325004766' post='1080277']
I entered the info into my account and it showed a rental charge of $70 and my free day covered the whole thing. The only charges it showed me being responsible for was $2 in taxes. Just waiting on Brent's info to finalize the reservation for him.

Least I can do after all the hospitality he has shown me and my dad on our occasional trips up to Cincinnati for games.
[/quote]

That is really cool, [b]coup[/b]. Kudos to you for helping out a superfan.

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1325010930' post='1080317']
See if can fit yourself in one of those "if it fits it ships" boxes.
[/quote]

LOL, yeah. I tried that once. It did not end well (forgot the airholes).

[quote name='coup000' timestamp='1325004766' post='1080277']

[/quote]

Just sent you a text, hopefully you got it in time. Thanks so much for making this happpen. You are probably saving me a divorce

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1325003586' post='1080274']

And since I didn't catch you in that other thread, i wanted to say again that you are an incredibly dedicated fan and I really enjoyed some of your tales of Mike Brown's wife. Kinda sheds another angle of light onto the Brown family and their level of dedication to the team and the fans.
[/quote]

Glad you had a good time. Hopefully you didn't get mr migration's account flagged

Archived