Any advice on the cheapest way to get a PSL/COA for season tickets?

Hey guys, I was just looking at getting season tickets for next season and was wondering if you guys knew of any ways to get them in good seats cheaper than they come from the Bengals? I'd like to get really good seats considering it's only like $8 more to sit on the 50 per game, but hate to drop the $1,500 for nothing basically to begin with. I was just curious if anyone purchased theirs in different ways?

Also, when you buy the COA does is that 1500 for each ticket, or 1500 for however many you buy? I just saw 3 on ebay for $800 behind the bengals tunnel, and thought that seemed like a really good deal...

Thanks

The cheapest way to get season tickets is getting them in a down year from someone selling their tickets (to include any playoff tickets) but not their seat license. However, you're not guaranteed them next year and by the off chance the Bengals go to the Super Bowl, you are not in the pool of people that they will choose from to receive an opportunity to go. Sure there's alot of upfront money for the license but you have the right to later on in an up year to sell those tickets for a profit if so desired. IMHO. If you want a personal contact with the ticket office, PM me and I'll pass it on to you.

[quote name='Numbers' timestamp='1329435005' post='1096527']
The cheapest way to get season tickets is getting them in a down year from someone selling their tickets (to include any playoff tickets) but not their seat license. However, you're not guaranteed them next year and by the off chance the Bengals go to the Super Bowl, you are not in the pool of people that they will choose from to receive an opportunity to go. Sure there's alot of upfront money for the license but you have the right to later on in an up year to sell those tickets for a profit if so desired. IMHO. If you want a personal contact with the ticket office, PM me and I'll pass it on to you.
[/quote]

Right, The main reason i'm tempted to get seats on the 50 is I know the 1500 will eventually pay for itself, and the seats are only $8 more a game forever after paying that. I'd like to have them for face value in case they ever become really good because years like 2006 it was tougher to afford to go to all the games, plus the playoff ticket priveleges if there is a home game. It seems like the seats on the 50 is the better financial decision, but its just coming up with $1500 right away like that. Thats an awesome deal to get them for $750 on craigslist, I 'd be all over that lol. Thanks for the info!

[quote name='mroby85' timestamp='1329438369' post='1096544']

Right, The main reason i'm tempted to get seats on the 50 is I know the 1500 will eventually pay for itself, and the seats are only $8 more a game forever after paying that. I'd like to have them for face value in case they ever become really good because years like 2006 it was tougher to afford to go to all the games, plus the playoff ticket priveleges if there is a home game. It seems like the seats on the 50 is the better financial decision, but its just coming up with $1500 right away like that. Thats an awesome deal to get them for $750 on craigslist, I 'd be all over that lol. Thanks for the info!
[/quote]

You don't come up with it all at once. That's the beauty of it. There is an installment plan that allows you to break it up into (I think) like 5 payments (In the case of 1500 that would 5 payments of 300 for instance).

Note: A COA is seperate from paying for tickets.

[quote]
PSL, CSL, COA, SBL, and Seat Option all mean the same thing, a Seat License for a NFL team's stadium. PSL is the standard acronym and is used by nearly all NFL teams. PSL is short for either Permanent Seat License or Personal Seat License. CSL stands for Charter Seat License, and is used soley by the Seattle Seahawks. COA stands for Charter Ownership Agreement, and is used soley by the Cincinnati Bengals. SBL stands for Stadium Builder's License, and is used solety by New York Jets. The Dallas Cowboys use PSL and Seat Options interchangeably.[/quote]

[quote name='Jackie Treehorn' timestamp='1329437197' post='1096542']
I bought my COA from someone on craigslist and basically got 2 for 1. Paid 750 for 1500 worth of tickets.
[/quote]

Did you get a COA and season tickets for 750 ? What seating area and how many seats ?

The COA ranges from $1500 per seat (50 yard line lower) to $300 per seat(endzones). You're not going to be able to get a 50 yard line COA for $1500 though, that's just the price they originally sold for. Expect to pay double or more for those. You can get upper level COA for well below face and endzone are about face.

The best places to look are ebay, craigslist, the official bengals board, and the bengals coa marketplace.

As someone else said, you can always just buy season tickets from someone that owns the COA. There are usually people trying to unload the season for face value because they can't go but they don't want to get rid of the COA yet.

[quote name='gatorclaws' timestamp='1329440829' post='1096552']
The COA ranges from $1500 per seat (50 yard line lower) to $300 per seat(endzones). You're not going to be able to get a 50 yard line COA for $1500 though, that's just the price they originally sold for. Expect to pay double or more for those. You can get upper level COA for well below face and endzone are about face.

The best places to look are ebay, craigslist, the official bengals board, and the bengals coa marketplace.

As someone else said, you can always just buy season tickets from someone that owns the COA. There are usually people trying to unload the season for face value because they can't go but they don't want to get rid of the COA yet.
[/quote]

50 yard line tickets are tough to come by but they are available every blue moon or so. I paid appx. 1500 for each 45 yard line seat license (COA,) I have (2) which are the same pricing for the 50 yard seats (in regards to COA) straight from the Bengals Ticket Office all within the last 7 years. To my knowledge, the pricing has not changed drastically. If it is different from what is advertised on the Bengals site (1500 for 50 yard COA), is that considered false advertising if the Bengals Ticket Office tells you a different price ?

[quote name='Numbers' timestamp='1329442066' post='1096557']

50 yard line tickets are tough to come by but they are available every blue moon or so. I paid appx. 1500 for each 45 yard line seat license (COA,) I have (2) which are the same pricing for the 50 yard seats (in regards to COA) straight from the Bengals Ticket Office all within the last 7 years. To my knowledge, the pricing has not changed drastically. If it is different from what is advertised on the Bengals site (1500 for 50 yard COA), is that considered false advertising if the Bengals Ticket Office tells you a different price ?
[/quote]

Okay thats cool, I was hesitating on the 50 anyway because of liking the endzone environment when you can stand during the game without being told to sit down, lol. I've noticed a couple auctions on ebay that seem like good deals, one is section 160 behind the bengals tunnel, 3 seats for $800 COA. The other is section 306 row 4 uppers, theyre only $150 each COA for 2 seats, and theyre $450 each from the Bengals. Those seats also dropped to $50 this year so they would only be $500 for the season, but I like sitting in the endzones so it's a tough call lol.

[quote name='Numbers' timestamp='1329442066' post='1096557'] 50 yard line tickets are tough to come by but they are available every blue moon or so. I paid appx. 1500 for each 45 yard line seat license (COA,) I have (2) which are the same pricing for the 50 yard seats (in regards to COA) straight from the Bengals Ticket Office all within the last 7 years. To my knowledge, the pricing has not changed drastically. If it is different from what is advertised on the Bengals site (1500 for 50 yard COA), is that considered false advertising if the Bengals Ticket Office tells you a different price ?[/quote]

No, I didn't mean the ticket office selling them for more... the face price of $1500 hasn't changed. All seats within about the 35 yard line are $1500 each. I don't see how the ticket office will have any COA available in the lower 50's as they've been sold out for years and the only way the ticket office could get more is if people walk away from them. Anyone who would walk away from a $1500 COA when they could resell in an instant is a real idiot. Did you happen to buy yours before 2005?

Go here, click make offer, buy COA.

[url="http://bengals.seasonticketrights.com/Charter-Ownership-Agreements/Charter-Ownership-Agreements.aspx"]http://bengals.seasonticketrights.com/Charter-Ownership-Agreements/Charter-Ownership-Agreements.aspx[/url]

I deferred my COA until next year.. got the season tickets in 202... no obligation if you don't buy them next year... figured i could pick up COA from the website if something better comes up but COA in this section is 600 each.... and you can pay for them over three years... i figured 400 a year wasn't bad....

[quote name='gatorclaws' timestamp='1329447812' post='1096579']

No, I didn't mean the ticket office selling them for more... the face price of $1500 hasn't changed. All seats within about the 35 yard line are $1500 each. I don't see how the ticket office will have any COA available in the lower 50's as they've been sold out for years and the only way the ticket office could get more is if people walk away from them. Anyone who would walk away from a $1500 COA when they could resell in an instant is a real idiot. Did you happen to buy yours before 2005?
[/quote]

I understand what you are saying but people that don't have tickets might not. "People" are always willing to pay for something that's a passion.

I had dreamed of these seats from 1972 until 2005. I only purchased them in 2005. I had them lined up before 2005 (2003) but did not pay for them until 2005 (Long story that's only told at tailgates). I really don't believe I could have asked for a better set of seats, neighbors, and tailgate friends.

Archived