!!!THE 2ND & 3RD ROUNDS OF THE 2012 DRAFT THREAD!!!

[quote name='B.A.B.' timestamp='1335583699' post='1125262']
hopefully we cut geno. he sucks
[/quote]

In all seriousness, I'm willing to bet that we're going to see Geno lining up all over the place.

This is going to be one helluva disruptive bunch in that front four.

lol yeah. i was hoping someone would bite the bait. lmao. anyways, our d-line could potentially be nasty. if one of the busts we picked up in FA works out, then goddamn. We could be nasty.

can either of the linemen we just got play end?

[quote name='B.A.B.' timestamp='1335584633' post='1125315']
[/quote]

I think in a rotation any of them can with the exception of maybe Peko. Seriously, they are gonna wear some teams down.

lol yeah. i was hoping someone would bite the bait. lmao. anyways, our d-line could potentially be nasty. if one of the busts we picked up in FA works out, then goddamn. We could be nasty.

[b]can either of the linemen we just got play end?[/b]
[/quote]

I think both still and thompson could play a fanene like role, but they aren't going to be overly consistent pass rushers outside I think.

plus they seem to have anderson slotted for that role.

[/quote]
Still could if he slimmed down a little bit. Fanene style but better.

[quote name='spicoli' timestamp='1335584792' post='1125319']

I think in a rotation any of them can with the exception of maybe Peko. Seriously, they are gonna wear some teams down.
[/quote]

they've got a bunch of guys, but that doesn't mean they'll all be active on gameday. IMO we're still probably looking at 8 DL active during a given game.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1335584913' post='1125322']

they've got a bunch of guys, but that doesn't mean they'll all be active on gameday. IMO we're still probably looking at 8 DL active during a given game.
[/quote]

You are talking about a lot of good players. Just because they play the same position doesn't mean you don't dress them on game day in exchange of a #4 WR that might not even see the field.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1335584913' post='1125322']

[/quote]

ok so your 8 are...

Peko
Atkins
Thompson
Still
Dunlap
MJ
Sims
one of Geathers/Harvey/Anderson

I don't see any issues. That's a pretty freakin sic rotation if you ask me.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1335585058' post='1125327']

You are talking about a lot of good players. Just because they play the same position doesn't mean you don't dress them on game day in exchange of a #4 WR that might not even see the field.
[/quote]

you probably mean the #5 WR. Not a chance they only dress 4 WR on a gameday.

There are certainly ways they could go about it, but I wouldn't bet on them keeping more than 8DL active a game unless they are facing a run heavy team, even then doubt it.

[quote name='spicoli' timestamp='1335585173' post='1125332']

ok so your 8 are...

Peko
Atkins
Thompson
Still
Dunlap
MJ
Sims
one of Geathers/Harvey/Anderson

I don't see any issues.
[/quote]

except being extremely thin at DE.

not to mention they aren't going to pay Geathers $4 million or Anderson $2 million to ride the bench.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1335585244' post='1125333']

you probably mean the #5 WR. Not a chance they only dress 4 WR on a gameday.

There are certainly ways they could go about it, but I wouldn't bet on them keeping more than 8DL active a game unless they are facing a run heavy team, even then doubt it.

except being extremely thin at DE.

not to mention they aren't going to pay Geathers $4 million or Anderson $2 million to ride the bench.
[/quote]

and i certainly don't expect both of them to make the team.

and these guys can line up anywhere as long as they're all rotating in and out. you're underestimating the athleticism of the 2 new guys I think...plus i think they start lining up Geno all over the place now. Shit trust in Zim if nothin else. I know he's happy right now.

[quote name='spicoli' timestamp='1335585501' post='1125339']

and i certainly don't expect both of them to make the team.

and these guys can line up anywhere as long as they're all rotating in and out. you're underestimating the athleticism of the 2 new guys I think...plus i think they start lining up Geno all over the place now. Shit trust in Zim if nothin else. I know he's happy right now.
[/quote]

they just gave anderson a $500K roster bonus. He's making the team. I think Geathers stays as well.

re-watching some of thompson, I think he could be effective lining up at DE, even at 310lbs. So I think they can be ok in that sense. Just not sure about getting all of them active on gamedays.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1335585702' post='1125341']

oh its not about them making the team, its about being active on gameday.
[/quote]
They still add depth at DE. If one goes down they can fill in for a game or so. You will have 5 or 6 guys on the roster that could play DE.

[quote name='spicoli' timestamp='1335585860' post='1125345']

2 of Geathers/Harvey/Anderson aren't going to make it.
[/quote]

Isn't Evans still available for the practice squad? I don't see Geathers making the team and after that I am not real sure if Moch does.

[quote name='spicoli' timestamp='1335585860' post='1125345']

2 of Geathers/Harvey/Anderson aren't going to make it.
[/quote]

agree to disagree :)

I see geathers/anderson/dunlap/mj on the outside

peko/atkins/sims/still/thompson inside, with some of those guys rotating outside.

You also might see Anderson drop a few pounds and be more of a pass rusher than run stopper.

They still go 9 deep at the DL like I expected but instead of 5DE/4DT its 4DE/5DT

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1335586377' post='1125361']

agree to disagree :)

[/quote]

cool.

MJ is gonna have to step up his game too or he might get pushed off the roster. It's going to be one helluva scrum in that group come TC.

[quote name='spicoli' timestamp='1335586710' post='1125372']

cool.

MJ is gonna have to step up his game too or he might get pushed off the roster. It's going to be one helluva scrum in that group come TC.
[/quote]

nah MJ is safe. They didn't bring in any DE's thus far that would threaten him, and they aren't going to get rid of their second best pass rushing DE just because they have DT's they like. You have to have balance.

Harvey and Sims are the ones at risk and probably fighting with each other for the 9th and likely final spot.

Archived