Who Are The Bengals Looking At, 2012/2013?

I doubt it's for the food. My one trip to Cincinnati, the ribs were pretty "meh" there.

Totally.  I like their sauce, but anyone who has had or made authentic southern BBQ will be unimpressed with Montgomery Inn.

When I'm in Cincy and want BBQ, I go to Smoq.

On April 16 the Bengals will host 31 draft-eligible players at the club’s annual local players’ workout.

kelce_travis_630.jpg

On April 16 the Bengals will host 31 draft-eligible players at the club’s annual local players’ workout.

NFL teams are permitted to hold a workout for players who played their high school and/or college careers in the team’s metro area.

Below is the list of players: 

High School (if local) DRAFT-ELIGIBLE PLAYERS WORKING OUT FOR BENGALS Player College High School (if local) CB Dominique Battle Cincinnati   DT Larry Black Indiana Wyoming HS LB Maalik Bomar Cincinnati Winton Woods HS CB Taylor Bradley Central Michigan Winton Woods HS CB D.J. Brown Miami-Ohio Lakota West HS WR Bakari Bussey Ohio Lakota West HS CB Camerron Cheatham Cincinnati   WR Andy Cruse Miami-Ohio Turpin HS RB Adam Fearing Cincinnati   S Drew Frey Cincinnati   DE Dan Giordano Cincinnati   DT Corey Hasting Ohio Milford HS T Sean Hooey Cincinnati   FB Josh Jackson Kentucky State Harmony Prep WR C.J. Johnson Grand Valley State Lloyd Memorial HS WR Damon Julian Cincinnati   C Kevin Kapellas Eastern Illinois Moeller HS TE Travis Kelce Kent State   G Josh Kline Cincinnati Mason HS WR Danny Milligan Cincinnati St. Xavier HS DE Brandon Mills Cincinnati Colerain HS S Malcolm Murray Cincinnati   C Rick Schmieg Purdue Oak Hills HS WR Quentin Sims Tennessee-Martin Colerain HS WR Kenbrell Tompkins Cincinnati   WR Nick Truesdell Cincinnati Anderson HS RB Spencer Ware Louisiana State Princeton HS DT John Williams Cincinnati   RB George Winn Cincinnati   WR Von Wise Eastern Illinois Finneytown HS LB Dwayne Woods Bowling Green Princeton HS

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Bengals-host-31-local-players-for-pre-draft-workouts/3460d616-fad1-4706-83fb-f0418a87a8b0

good to see Kelce and Ware there.

Wonder why Zac Dysert isn't.

DT, Missouri Southern State.

Brandon Williams Has Visited Bengals, Per Reports http://sbn.to/Zl5lSJ 

Rated #98 overall by cbssports.  For those of you who think we aren't taking a DT, here we are kicking the tires on a guy with an official visit who is pegged to go in rd 3-4.  And we can assume that wouldn't be picking someone so obscure just to throw up a smoke-screen.

When it comes to the draft, the only thing we know is that we don't know anything.

Rated #98 overall by cbssports.  For those of you who think we aren't taking a DT, here we are kicking the tires on a guy with an official visit who is pegged to go in rd 3-4.  And we can assume that wouldn't be picking someone so obscure just to throw up a smoke-screen.

When it comes to the draft, the only thing we know is that we don't know anything.

We also know that teams have been known to have visits with guys they have no intention of taking.

Cincinnati (21) likes Alec Ogletree and Eddie Lacy -- and a strange one for this high: Houston cornerback D.J. Hayden, who had a risky heart-valve problem in 2011 but now checks out OK. Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer has spent loads of time investigating Hayden ...

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...#ixzz2QYEOmVYa

Harvard FB Kyle Juszczyk (@juicecheck44) visited #Packers#Ravens #Chiefs #Seahawks #Lions #Bills #Bengals#Panthers #Dolphins #Vikings

— Alex Marvez (@alexmarvez) April 16, 2013

Wooo-hooo!  I've been on this guy's trail for a couple of months now.  He'd be a great piece to add.  He's got traditional fullback skills but is very fast (4.71) and can really catch the ball out of the backfield.  He'd offer us much more than Pressley (who's an unknown post-op right now), because he could basically give us another player in the H-back role Charles is slated to take on.  If we could call either of their numbers for the same plays that would keep the D guessing a lot more...

Wooo-hooo!  I've been on this guy's trail for a couple of months now.  He'd be a great piece to add.  He's got traditional fullback skills but is very fast (4.71) and can really catch the ball out of the backfield.  He'd offer us much more than Pressley (who's an unknown post-op right now), because he could basically give us another player in the H-back role Charles is slated to take on.  If we could call either of their numbers for the same plays that would keep the D guessing a lot more...

He's an H back. I am not sure he has been asked to block much.

Cincinnati (21) likes Alec Ogletree and Eddie Lacy -- and a strange one for this high: Houston cornerback D.J. Hayden, who had a risky heart-valve problem in 2011 but now checks out OK. Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer has spent loads of time investigating Hayden ...

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...#ixzz2QYEOmVYa

I would be fine with either Ogletree or Lacy, but I would prefer Lacy. I would rather have the #1 player at a position in the first round than the #3 guy who fills a need, i.e. I would rather take the #1 RB in Lacy at 21 than the #3 safety in Elam.

I would be fine with either Ogletree or Lacy, but I would prefer Lacy. I would rather have the #1 player at a position in the first round than the #3 guy who fills a need, i.e. I would rather take the #1 RB in Lacy at 21 than the #3 safety in Elam.

This doesn't make sense to me. It doesn't matter how they rank at the position. Overall ranking and positional value are much more important. We have a starting running back already and no starting strong safety. Lacy's stock is dropping after a lazy pro day and is a consensus late 1st at the very best right now. Elam's stock is right about the same as Lacy's, late 1st. Do you draft a #2 RB in the first round and potentially lose out on a starting safety just because the RB is the top rated in the draft? Or take the starting safety whose overall rating is equal to the top RB in the 1st and draft a RB in round 2 who fits more what we are looking for and is only a hair below in talent?

This doesn't make sense to me. It doesn't matter how they rank at the position. Overall ranking and positional value are much more important. We have a starting running back already and no starting strong safety. Lacy's stock is dropping after a lazy pro day and is a consensus late 1st at the very best right now. Elam's stock is right about the same as Lacy's, late 1st. Do you draft a #2 RB in the first round and potentially lose out on a starting safety just because the RB is the top rated in the draft? Or take the starting safety whose overall rating is equal to the top RB in the 1st and draft a RB in round 2 who fits more what we are looking for and is only a hair below in talent?

x2.  You can't simply say "I'd rather use the first rounder on the #1 RB than the #3 S".  It's all about the draft grades.  

Archived