Bye Week Notes

Leave Burfict outside (WOLB or SOLB whicher he plays better). Sign Jasper Brinkley to play MLB next year. Draft another OLB in the first 2 rounds.

Most OLBs that are drafted high are pass rushing 3-4 OLBs. We should still be able to get a very good 4-3 OLB in the second round.

[quote name='SocalBengalEd' timestamp='1351540789' post='1175476']
yea, Teo is never on television. :35:
[/quote]

i didn't say he is never on tv, h-moe, i said i need to watch him. i do'nt like nd so i never watch their games, but this is a reason to

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1351540679' post='1175474']
And Willis went 11.

Te'o may well go Top 10, but not 5. I think Jones and Mingo go ahead of him. Will Mingo be an OLB or DE though?
[/quote]

Jerod Mayo was the #10 pick by the Pats. Von Miller was the #2 pick. Marvin Jones (The old one) was the last LB to be invited to the Heisman ceremony, was drafted #4 overall.

I can't find a site that has all the LBers drafted in the top 5. Those are just a few off my head. The ones in the top 10 or just out of it, is pretty good looking to me.

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1351543705' post='1175503']
Yes on all 3.

A young future LT can be groomed at LG.

No. 2 wr is horrible currently.

In the top 10 you have to go with franchise positions.
[/quote]

The problem you are going to run into, fans are too impatient to wait another 2-4 years for a guy to develop into a guy that can contribute. Picks need to be utilized in a way that they lay the wood this year and not down the road. Personally I don't want to draft someone that can't fill a hole NOW and make this team better. Dalton and a lot of pieces are in place NOW, the Bengals need to get guys that are going to make the other young players better, before they get to free agency and scatter.

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1351543705' post='1175503']
Yes on all 3.

A young future LT can be groomed at LG.

No. 2 wr is horrible currently.

In the top 10 you have to go with franchise positions.
[/quote]

Boling is our LG and a good one who will get better.

I'm not drafting a WR yet until I see what Jones and Sanu can do.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1351545387' post='1175508']

The problem you are going to run into, fans are too impatient to wait another 2-4 years for a guy to develop into a guy that can contribute. Picks need to be utilized in a way that they lay the wood this year and not down the road. Personally I don't want to draft someone that can't fill a hole NOW and make this team better. Dalton and a lot of pieces are in place NOW, the Bengals need to get guys that are going to make the other young players better, before they get to free agency and scatter.
[/quote]

That's your bad assumption. They just drafted a WR that istantly became the team's best player and led them to the playoffs.

Each of those position wouldn't automatically contribute it's just they don't fill the conventional biggest need.

CBs - Without question contributor right away. You need 4 now a days it seems.
LT- Either bumps Whit or bumps Boling
WR - Without question contributor right away.

Anyway the only top 10 pick that wasn't targeted to start right away was Palmer and that was mostly because Marvin wanted to change the culture first.

Rivers played right away. Andre would have if it wasn't for his circumstances. Green right out of the box. Did I miss any?

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1351555984' post='1175545']

Boling is our LG and a good one who will get better.

I'm not drafting a WR yet until I see what Jones and Sanu can do.
[/quote]

You can't have any sacred cows if you are drafting top 10. You've got to go best franchise player. LBs, RBs, and S while can have players drafted that high it is not as often.

Unless the LB is sacking the QB.

Kuechly was the highest rated backer in quite a while and he went 9th.

It all depends on team needs. Teams value rush backers more than inside backers these days, especially due to the evolution of a 3-4 defense. I've seen T'eo go anywhere from us at 10, to 27 to Baltimore in mock drafts.

HeisMANTI is a heck of a specimen. I think we get our shot. Depends on what our needs are though. If they want Taz in the middle, maybe we go for an outside backer or running back. HeisMANTI will probably be a three down backer at the next level. He is stout and instinctive against the run and it has been said he has been working very hard on his pass coverage. Has 5 picks this year already. Two more than our entire team this season.

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1351558756' post='1175549']
You can't have any sacred cows if you are drafting top 10. You've got to go best franchise player. LBs, RBs, and S while can have players drafted that high it is not as often.

Unless the LB is sacking the QB.
[/quote]

Then why not QB?

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1351558642' post='1175548']
That's your bad assumption. They just drafted a WR that istantly became the team's best player and led them to the playoffs.

Each of those position wouldn't automatically contribute it's just they don't fill the conventional biggest need.

CBs - Without question contributor right away. You need 4 now a days it seems.
LT- Either bumps Whit or bumps Boling
WR - Without question contributor right away.

Anyway the only top 10 pick that wasn't targeted to start right away was Palmer and that was mostly because Marvin wanted to change the culture first.

Rivers played right away. Andre would have if it wasn't for his circumstances. Green right out of the box. Did I miss any?
[/quote]

How is this an argument against mine? I simply said not to draft a guy like the left tackle position that was mentioned, early in the draft instead of the positions of need that the Bengals could use right away instead of in 2-3 years. The Bengals needed a WR and drafted him in the first. Not real sure why you are arguing with me...

Archived