Free Agency is OPEN

I like Rucker. Didn't want him back, but I like him. Hope he does well.

I would have considered him, but I'm not at all unhappy that the Bengals brought back Geathers and Dingleberry. I like his game and hope that AZ is a good fit for him. 

I am really surprised no teams have showed any interest in Felix jones

I'm not, really. He hasn't done much the last few years, he was out of shape for the first part of last year, he fumbles some, and he gets hurt some, too.

I like him, but I don't know how much he's gonna give you. That said, Jerry Jones said the other day that he's in the mix to possibly bring back... But they have no cap space now.

He wasn't implying that. He was responding to some follower who was basically telling the bengals to sign Andre. Reedy was saying a team can't just unilaterally force a player to sign.

Mike Brown on Andre Smith: “They know that we want to make a deal and we want them to engage and get it done.”

Mike Brown on Andre Smith: “They know that we want to make a deal and we want them to engage and get it done.”

Well, I'm probably reading too much into it but this betrays my worst fears.  Andre has a beef with us and is in no rush to sign the deal here.  Hell, looking back on it, he should be glad he got the money he did (as the highest paid RT).  Still the first negotiation - or that little Hard Knocks Swinging-Tits Skit - could still be burning him

Well, I'm probably reading too much into it but this betrays my worst fears.  Andre has a beef with us and is in no rush to sign the deal here.  Hell, looking back on it, he should be glad he got the money he did (as the highest paid RT).  Still the first negotiation - or that little Hard Knocks Swinging-Tits Skit - could still be burning him

that had nothing to do with management.

Management, maybe not. But I distinctly remember his coaches, INCLUDING Marvin, unable to help themselves from laughing their asses off.

I wouldn't read that much into the tit skit.  Shit ten times worse than this goes on.  What it comes down to for these guys is money.  They want to be able to look at their peers and say that they're getting paid a certain amount.  I think it simply comes down to money. 

Andre likes his teammates....he's not going to short change them due to a monetary dispute with management IMO.   If he signs here, he'll play to the best of his ability.  

When you're a man with floppy tits, it can be funny at times.

A swift kick in the nuts by drafting a round 1 RT would not be in our best interests if Andre is certainly coming back, but the vengeance driven side of me would smile with pleasure.

I wouldn't read that much into the tit skit.  Shit ten times worse than this goes on.  What it comes down to for these guys is money.  They want to be able to look at their peers and say that they're getting paid a certain amount.  I think it simply comes down to money. 

Andre likes his teammates....he's not going to short change them due to a monetary dispute with management IMO.   If he signs here, he'll play to the best of his ability.  

I agree. These guys are mercenaries, basically.

Maybe it's painting with a broad brush, but for the great majority, they have a limited career - and make decisions based on $ and ego, as far as their perception re: their ability to have opportunities to play and earn another payday.

Don't think it has anything to do with the skit, but I agree, this is my fear as well. He knows what we are offering and knows it will be there but he is waiting for someone else, anyone really, to come up with a decent offer so he can take it. He's one of, if not the, only big name guys that has never talked about how much they like this team and want to stay on it. His silence speaks volumes.

Just read somewhere where the reason Vollmer is unsigned is that he likely got a deal from NE and is shopping it to other teams looking for an increase. I could see the same thing happening with Andre and that would seem to go along with Mike Browns comment...

Edit: read it here:
http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=nflrumors&id=3808

"As it relates to the Patriots and Vollmer, mutual interest in a return would make sense, as he performed at a high level for the team in 2012 and was part of what was one of the best offensive lines in football. Negotiations have likely taken place, and we'd argue that the longer Vollmer remains on the market, the better the chances are that he returns to the Patriots. Why? Well, should the Patriots have an offer on the table for Vollmer, he's likely using that as a baseline in discussions with other teams. If a superior offer hasn't come his way as of yet and doesn't soon, a potential Patriots' offer would seemingly grow in value."

Don't think it has anything to do with the skit, but I agree, this is my fear as well. He knows what we are offering and knows it will be there but he is waiting for someone else, anyone really, to come up with a decent offer so he can take it. He's one of, if not the, only big name guys that has never talked about how much they like this team and want to stay on it. His silence speaks volumes.

If this is what is happening then he can go fuck himself.

All these guys resigning saying "we have a good thing here" and fat ass just sits around waiting... wow - that just sucks.

If this is what is happening then he can go fuck himself.

All these guys resigning saying "we have a good thing here" and fat ass just sits around waiting... wow - that just sucks.

I wouldn't take the board's speculations with just a grain of salt, but a whole 5 pound bag of salt.

Just read somewhere where the reason Vollmer is unsigned is that he likely got a deal from NE and is shopping it to other teams looking for an increase. I could see the same thing happening with Andre and that would seem to go along with Mike Browns comment...

Sure, but, things happen really fast in FA when there's interest, so if he's shopping and getting offers they are either less, equal, or only marginally more.  There's little doubt there's added value for both Andre and us for him to remain here - unless he has other motives.  The fact that it's taking forever suggests something else is at work, and the funniest version would be that the rest of the teams in the league truly are approaching Andre with the same caution we have (weight and motivation issues, etc.).

Archived