Free Agency is OPEN

Yeah I saw where there thinking of bringing tate back and that makes me want to puke

I'd bring Tate back too, you can always cut him after the draft if you get the guy you want.  

As long as you don't give him much of a signing bonus, better to have him now and cut him later than wait and not have any returner at all.

I wonder if he's healthy again if they'd consider going lighter at WR, and bring BScott back, and put him in at KR and part-time RB? Not precluding the need for a speed back in the draft, but BScott was the best KR they've had in a long time.

I wonder if he's healthy again if they'd consider going lighter at WR, and bring BScott back, and put him in at KR and part-time RB? Not precluding the need for a speed back in the draft, but BScott was the best KR they've had in a long time.

If he's healthy I would welcome him to camp on a one year deal.  Would rather see him get another shot than Tate.

If he's healthy I would welcome him to camp on a one year deal.  Would rather see him get another shot than Tate.

as mentioned above, I'd bring guys like Tate, Scott, and Roland back.  Never know how the draft is gonna play out or what injuries will happen.  Can always cut them in September.

It's not my money, so I'd say why not.  

The only problem, and this addresses something I was trying to say about Rey in another thread, is I wonder to what degree the coaches ARE influenced by history with a  guy.  Sometimes, you need to dump a guy just to force yourself to make a change.  Nate Livings is a perfect example.  He was here forever, until he signed elsewhere on a deal.  We got lucky when Wharton got suddenly cut - and then unlucky when he got suddenly hurt.  And as much as Clint Boiling deteriorated over the course of the season, he was still a step in the right direction (i.e., building, improving) over Livings.

Cook, Rey, and guys like Tate, Roland, and Scott all fit the mold.

I'd bring Tate back too, you can always cut him after the draft if you get the guy you want.  

As long as you don't give him much of a signing bonus, better to have him now and cut him later than wait and not have any returner at all.

I would imagine no other team would sign Tate and he could be re-signed later.....but I would look to improve that roster spot with someone different.  We know what Tate brings....and that what he brings does not warrant a roster spot IMO.

I hear there is a serious bidding war for Tate

Bengals sign Josh Johnson apparently.

He'll be a decent backup QB. Good move. Haven't really seen him since college, but I remember him havin a good arm an being mobile. A guy who can make some plays at least if he needs to come into the game. Prefer him to gradkowski.

Bengals sign Josh Johnson apparently.

He'll be a decent backup QB. Good move. Haven't really seen him since college, but I remember him havin a good arm an being mobile. A guy who can make some plays at least if he needs to come into the game. Prefer him to gradkowski.

Hey, Win-kowski was .667 in relief roles for us.

So is Andre Smith going to sit out on the market for 2 weeks?

I can't believe that we are almost to the 2nd weekend of FA with no end in sight.

Reedy seemed to imply that it was the agent holding things up.

@david_harris22 Tell Smith's agent, it takes two sides to get a deal done

Reedy seemed to imply that it was the agent holding things up.

Joe Reedy ‏@joereedy50m

@david_harris22 Tell Smith's agent, it takes two sides to get a deal done

He wasn't implying that. He was responding to some follower who was basically telling the bengals to sign Andre. Reedy was saying a team can't just unilaterally force a player to sign.

Archived