Common Core

BengalBacker

And no, I was not home schooled.

:lol:

That was totally a joke, wouldn't invalidate your opinion either way.

As for this:

I'm against government telling me what's right and wrong, what I can and can't do.  They're in NO position to do so.

I would disagree, I'd say they are in an EXCELLENT position to do so..  From a practical standpoint, though, rather than a moral one.  Y'know, like drones n' stuff.

:gamer:

image_thumb%25255B4%25255D.png

That was totally a joke, wouldn't invalidate your opinion either way.

As for this:

I would disagree, I'd say they are in an EXCELLENT position to do so..  From a practical standpoint, though, rather than a moral one.  Y'know, like drones n' stuff.

:gamer:

image_thumb%25255B4%25255D.png

Ha....villages in Pakistan know all too well what you mean. 

In terms of having a mobile workforce, I am completely ok with nationalized standards of what kids should learn. I dont want my kid growing up in TX and be behind if he decides to move out of the state because the career field he chose puts him out of it and him have to lean who Thomas Jefferson is.

Now granted I dont think it should be the be all end all of education like it has grown into, but I do believe in a bare minium of what students should know when graduating high school.

In terms of having a mobile workforce, I am completely ok with nationalized standards of what kids should learn. I dont want my kid growing up in TX and be behind if he decides to move out of the state because the career field he chose puts him out of it and him have to lean who Thomas Jefferson is.

Now granted I dont think it should be the be all end all of education like it has grown into, but I do believe in a bare minium of what students should know when graduating high school.

Those bare minimums are already in place.  That's not the issue here. 

Perhaps, but knowing who Thomas Jefferson is should be a bare miniumn imo. Read the link I provided earlier in the thread.

No, there is no perhaps....bare minimums are in place.  Do those bare minimums include a clause that stipulates having to know who Thomas Jefferson is in order to receive a diploma?  Probably not but I think all children should know who has financed wars throughout history for their personal gain,....doesn't mean it's going to be put on there.   And who's to say that Jefferson is accurately being depicted in whoever's version of history is being taught?  

This has way too many variables to be approached how it currently is.  And it leads down a VERY dangerous path IMO. 

No, there is no perhaps....bare minimums are in place.  Do those bare minimums include a clause that stipulates having to know who Thomas Jefferson is in order to receive a diploma?  Probably not but I think all children should know who has financed wars throughout history for their personal gain,....doesn't mean it's going to be put on there.   And who's to say that Jefferson is accurately being depicted in whoever's version of history is being taught?  

This has way too many variables to be approached how it currently is.  And it leads down a VERY dangerous path IMO. 

Historians. Books do get reviewed for accuracy.

Lol. Quite possibly true. I was pretty wild back in the day though. I once put both iceberg and leaf lettuce on a burger.

What do kids learn these days?  They learn to go out and fuck as many people as possible, get drunk, do drugs, drive fast cars, live extravagantly/irresponsibly.  Why isn't the message coming across on tv legislated against?  It's obviously a huge detriment to society. 

Oh, the hypocrisy, it burns!

Now Thomas Jefferson is part of the liberal agenda?

:thwack1:

No kidding.

Justice the link I posted is talking about a conservitive agenda to remove anything that isnt completely conservitive from TX school books.

Archived