Explosion at Disneyland, Disney Employee arrested in connection...

Numbers

oh, as for the original topic, seems like this dude was just being a jackass, it was in a trash can, bad place to dick around though...

1 mil bond... DAMN!

How did the report know the bomb was dry ice before the guy was caught ?  There are other similar explosions that cause what appears to be a dry ice bomb.

I take it you meant "a" messiah, rather than "the" as in singular.  I know that Islam does consider Jesus a legitimate prophet (more or less). 

On a more practical note, what do you think would happen if the UN convinced Israel to give up its claim to the Old City section of Jerusalem and made it the equivalent of a global park that belonged to nobody - or everybody, if you prefer?

No sir, THE Messiah.  Jesus Christ was absolutely a prophet of God....but not divine himself.  He was amongst the best of men to ever walk this planet but Muslims believe him to THE Messiah.   He was a prophet that was sent with the Injil (Gospel) as a result of people deviating from Moses' message....Peace be upon them both. 

Jesus is actually quoted in the Quran more than any other prophet....he is beloved. 

We as humans have so many commonalities that it's unfathomable how misrepresented we are are human beings.  We have SO MUCH in common and a very small % uncommon with each other.  If these commonalities were highlighted as opposed to the differences that we're bombarded with constantly, I wonder how much different the dynamics would be in today's society.  

^ Interesting, thanks for clarifying.  If he is *the* messiah, how does that compare to Muhammad?

Muhammad (pbuh) was the last Prophet of God, that's his significance.  The last message from God, one that would never be corrupted, was revealed to him because of the deviation from Monotheism that Jesus (pbuh) preached.   Things had "returned" to a state of ignorance and idol worship.   Murder was commonplace, kidnappings, theft, sacrificing......it was a lawless region until the Quran was revealed.  It provided them laws, even governed warfare which was commonplace in those days. 

Muslims believe in all the prophets starting from Abraham (pbuh) - Muhammad (pbuh).  Jesus was the 2nd to last messenger and Muhammad the last, peace be on them all.  Islam and Muslims will never speak ill of any of the Prophets, they are all beloved.   That's why I don't get why religious types try to discredit Muhammad......he brought the same message of Monotheism that Jesus brought.   Divides us further though, that is being accomplished.   

^ thanks again.  Reading further, I wasn't aware that Islam also preaches a 2nd coming of Christ along with the Mahdi.  I can only imagine how that might surprise the average Christian.

Personally I find all the "rapture" etc stuff troubling because it gives a lot of those that believe in it a certain, well to me it's fatalism, "let's hurry up & bring about armageddon"  and so on.. Of course to a believer it's not fatalism since they think they will be rewarded with a paradise of an afterlife, but to anyone else it's like watching someone who doesn't believe in gravity handle a fragile, priceless artifact - that priceless artifact being the fate of humanity, in this case. From what I've gathered it's something else all the Abrahamic religions share - the idea that there will be a great religious war, generally smiting all the non-believers etc, laying waste to everything.. It seems deranged and sick to me, frankly, for someone to stand back and say "oh let's destroy everything because I am righteous and will be saved, but all y'all over there, well.. you're all fucked unless you bow down to what I believe, sorry".  And yet here are these very similar religions with this identical teaching, and a lot of people are convinced it's one another they're going to have this End Times battle with because they're all convinced the other guy has it wrong, and the sooner the better.

My question previously about Jerusalem is somewhat tied to all that, because the construction of the 3rd Temple of Solomon would seem to mean the al-Aqsa mosque would be destroyed, which obviously isn't going to happen peacefully (to say the least).  I reject the whole concept of Holy Land but if it would help people stop killing one another quite so much it would be cool if a neutral party were to control the area and make sure everyone played nice.  I guess the Brits tried that before and the Irgun and other Zionist groups had other ideas, but maybe the UN would have better luck?

^ thanks again.  Reading further, I wasn't aware that Islam also preaches a 2nd coming of Christ along with the Mahdi.  I can only imagine how that might surprise the average Christian.

Personally I find all the "rapture" etc stuff troubling because it gives a lot of those that believe in it a certain, well to me it's fatalism, "let's hurry up & bring about armageddon"  and so on.. Of course to a believer it's not fatalism since they think they will be rewarded with a paradise of an afterlife, but to anyone else it's like watching someone who doesn't believe in gravity handle a fragile, priceless artifact - that priceless artifact being the fate of humanity, in this case. From what I've gathered it's something else all the Abrahamic religions share - the idea that there will be a great religious war, generally smiting all the non-believers etc, laying waste to everything.. It seems deranged and sick to me, frankly, for someone to stand back and say "oh let's destroy everything because I am righteous and will be saved, but all y'all over there, well.. you're all fucked unless you bow down to what I believe, sorry".  And yet here are these very similar religions with this identical teaching, and a lot of people are convinced it's one another they're going to have this End Times battle with because they're all convinced the other guy has it wrong, and the sooner the better.

My question previously about Jerusalem is somewhat tied to all that, because the construction of the 3rd Temple of Solomon would seem to mean the al-Aqsa mosque would be destroyed, which obviously isn't going to happen peacefully (to say the least).  I reject the whole concept of Holy Land but if it would help people stop killing one another quite so much it would be cool if a neutral party were to control the area and make sure everyone played nice.  I guess the Brits tried that before and the Irgun and other Zionist groups had other ideas, but maybe the UN would have better luck?

For the first part, Islam states "Let there be no compulsion in religion".....it's about Monotheism.  One and only God.  I think what you refer to as the non believers being smited...this is referring more to those who willingly do evil and cause mischief on this Earth.  There are plenty of these people....they will get what they deserve...justice.  You can't go on living a life of  'do as thou wilt" and expect to not be punished for it.   See, the problem is that there isn't the acceptance of the common bonds the Abrahamic faiths have but a constructed effort is made to highlight the differences.  I think for any human to make a judgement; in that sense, on another is wrong, totally wrong and actually against what Islam teaches.  Let there be no compulsion in religion.  Who the hell are we to judge?

The 2nd part of your post opens up a whole nother world......I'm about to head out so don't have time but will revisit this.  It's extremely interesting....King Solomon's Temple is.   Maybe we should start a new thread or since we've hijacked this one to the point of no return, just change the thread title hahaha.  Nobody's talking about the Disney incident really....Go tried to get it back but we just re-hijacked it.  Oh shit...maybe I shouldnt say hijack. 

unless your a fag.. god hates fags.. so does chik fil a... 

chik fil a = god?

#science

Old Testament thinking. Of which of course (re: gays) there is only indirect reference. The crazy takes it from there, which is entirely my point. IMO, religion is the biggest source of evil as it's eminently interpreted by crazy people to suit their agendas. It doesn't matter the source whether it's the precious Quran, the Bible, what the fuck ever. There have been more people killed throughout history because of one religion or another than for any other reason. The whole "Wizard Of Oz Behind The Curtain" Act is fucking old now due to science and evolution. And that propensity for violence due to religious extremism knows no bounds, but is typically reserved for Islam and Christianity (Christianity moreso throughout history, Islam more recently in terms of extremists). There's not really any denying that because its fucking true. The debate lies in what is a "true" Christian or Muslim WRT the interpretation of their respective religious texts, and yes....most adhere to them the proper way and don't go out of their way to kill people. 

But we aren't talking about the majority...we are talking about the very vocal (and often very violent) minority, which has forced the governmental looking glass upon the whole rather than the few.

Archived