2013 Roadtrip - Halloween in Miami?

A travel agent friend of mine is trying to gauge whether there is any interest in arranging for a group trip to Miami for the Thursday Night game on Halloween game against the Fins, including spending the rest of the weekend on the beach and returning Sunday.

There are a lot of details to still work out, but the rough idea is this:

Non-stop air from Cincinnati to Ft Lauderdale  (leave CVG 9:30 am Thursday, leave FLL noonish Sunday, getting back to CVG around 3:30 in the afternoon)

3 Nights in a beachfront hotel in Ft Lauderdale: Thursday-Friday-Saturday

Tickets to the Thursday Night Game in Miami

$550-ish for the land portion  (hotel + tickets)

$400-ish for the airfare

Or a little under a grand for the whole enchilada

My pricing may be off - I'm waiting for a confirmation email - but it seems reasonable for a long 4-day/3-night weekend in South Florida including the game.

Whaddya y'all think?

I allowed myself one road trip this year and unfortunately I am going with friends of mine to their home in Michigan.  In other words, my road trip will be the Detroit game.  Miami sounds like fun and most likely warmer.  Hopefully there will be other Bengal fans going to the Detroit game.  If I am not mistaken, there are a couple of them living near the area of Detroit.

You guys always do some awesome road trips.  Don't forget to include the gratuitous photographic evidence of the Bengals representing down south.

That sounds like essentially the same road trip that Lenny (from tailgating) put together. 

For all I know it might be the same one.  Lenny doesn't talk to me any more for some reason - hadn't even heard until just now that he had done it again.  Charlotte '10 and Denver '11 were fun, no idea why he's gone ixnay on San Diego '12 and Miami '13.

Regardkessm this came to me completely out of the blue from a travel agent friend of mine in Cincy.

I allowed myself one road trip this year and unfortunately I am going with friends of mine to their home in Michigan.  In other words, my road trip will be the Detroit game.  Miami sounds like fun and most likely warmer.  Hopefully there will be other Bengal fans going to the Detroit game.  If I am not mistaken, there are a couple of them living near the area of Detroit.

You guys always do some awesome road trips.  Don't forget to include the gratuitous photographic evidence of the Bengals representing down south.

I'll be at the Detroit game as well.

I'll be at the Detroit game as well.

I'll be at the Detroit game too (wife's fam lives near there).  Will also be at the Buffalo game (only 2 hours away) and the finale in Cincy vs Baltiwhore.  The wifey is letting me do some travelling this year!  I usually only get to one game a year.  Miami sounds good though as I'm sure all the games I'll be attending will be freezing (although Det will be indoors obviously)

Archived