• Burkhead
    • Peerman
    • Herron
  4. 4. Who should start at SS ?

• Iloka
    • Mays
    • Miles
    • None of the above, sign somebody
  5. 5. Should Sanzenbacher make the game day roster?

• Yes
    • No, but practice squad
    • No, cut him
  6. 6. Should Jayson DiManche make the game day roster?

• Yes, and start him in Nickle
    • Yes, great backup player with potential
    • No, practice squad
    • No, cut him

I'd say ...

- Keep Johnson. If Andy goes down the season is pretty much over anyway, but Johnson at least shows occasional sparks with his running ability, and teammates seem to like him. He also has been in Gruden's offense before and so maybe can help in the film room in talks with Andy etc. You could even occasionally use him in packages or trick plays. Sure his accuracy is awful a lot of the time, but Skelton isn't much better imo, and he doesn't seem very bright when it comes to football - (to have that size and have the Cardinals give up on you, something isn't right upstairs).  

- I think Conner is the better FB and hope the Bengals don't cut him. To me he's playing like one of the better FB's in all of football. However, I think they should also keep Charles as a TE/H back for his versatility. If the team was only going to keep 1 then I'd say Conner, but really I hope they keep them both. Go with fewer players at another position if you have to ... both are too talented to let go of in my view.

- Coming into the draft I liked Burkhead (as a Huskers fan) and generally. I think he should be the teams 3rd RB and can fill that role that was reserved for Brian Leonard in the past. I also think that he could start if Gio or Green-Ellis went down.

- Everyone knows I am a Taylor Mays fan ... but I think Illoka deserves to start right now. I'm still not sure why the mental part of the game is such a challenge for Mays (maybe he needs to quit chasing all the white women and talking about super powers?). However, I would keep Mays on the roster as I think he is a good special teams player right now and can play in certain situations (he's great against he run, just not the pass).

- I think Sanzenbacher can be the next Baby Hawk ("Baby Honkey" maybe? jk) ... the kid just makes plays. In fact, I'd give him a shot as the teams punt returner as well. He deserves the last WR spot imo.

- DiManche to me has that same sort of Burfict "fire" that I like to see in a LB. I think the Lamur injury will end up allowing him to shine and show what he can really do. I am excited to see Burfict, DiManche, and Harrison on the field at the same time on occasion (Maulauga can watch on the sideline) lol.  

Good to see you, stranger...Been able to catch up with most since I have been back. Hope all is well.

BZ

I'd say ...

- Keep Johnson. If Andy goes down the season is pretty much over anyway, but Johnson at least shows occasional sparks with his running ability, and teammates seem to like him. He also has been in Gruden's offense before and so maybe can help in the film room in talks with Andy etc. You could even occasionally use him in packages or trick plays. Sure his accuracy is awful a lot of the time, but Skelton isn't much better imo, and he doesn't seem very bright when it comes to football - (to have that size and have the Cardinals give up on you, something isn't right upstairs).  

- I think Conner is the better FB and hope the Bengals don't cut him. To me he's playing like one of the better FB's in all of football. However, I think they should also keep Charles as a TE/H back for his versatility. If the team was only going to keep 1 then I'd say Conner, but really I hope they keep them both. Go with fewer players at another position if you have to ... both are too talented to let go of in my view.

- Coming into the draft I liked Burkhead (as a Huskers fan) and generally. I think he should be the teams 3rd RB and can fill that role that was reserved for Brian Leonard in the past. I also think that he could start if Gio or Green-Ellis went down.

- Everyone knows I am a Taylor Mays fan ... but I think Illoka deserves to start right now. I'm still not sure why the mental part of the game is such a challenge for Mays (maybe he needs to quit chasing all the white women and talking about super powers?). However, I would keep Mays on the roster as I think he is a good special teams player right now and can play in certain situations (he's great against he run, just not the pass).

- I think Sanzenbacher can be the next Baby Hawk ("Baby Honkey" maybe? jk) ... the kid just makes plays. In fact, I'd give him a shit as the teams punt returner as well. He deserves the last WR spot imo.

- DiManche to me has that same sort of Burfict "fire" that I like to see in a LB. I think the Lamur injury will end up allowing him to shine and show what he can really do. I am excited to see Burfict, DiManche, and Harrison on the field at the same time on occasion (Maulauga can watch on the sideline) lol.  

not sure what's going on with the poll.  The battle (as jason mentioned) is for the fourth RB spot, not 3rd. Also, shawn williams needs to be an option at SS.  Miles definitely isn't a viable candidate.

Also, by gameday roster do you mean  53 man roster or active roster?  Both Sanzenbacher and DiManche should make the team (which isn't an option), but neither will typically be active on gamedays.  

I'd say ...

- I think Sanzenbacher can be the next Baby Hawk ("Baby Honkey" maybe? jk) ... the kid just makes plays. In fact, I'd give him a shot as the teams punt returner as well. He deserves the last WR spot imo.

Hey BJ.  Good to see you posting.  You hit it on the head except for your love of Taylor Mays.  Geez he is such a California douche.  He lost me after the TMNT backpacks.  I want a nasty punisher back there not some goofball.  I also think when the rookies are making fun of you like they did it's not a good sign.  You got to have some amount respect from your peers and he doesn't seem to have earned it.  As an example...I doubt the vets make fun of Harrison.  With or without Mays, this is the best roster we have put forth in a long time.  Let's go!     

Hey BJ.  Good to see you posting.  You hit it on the head except for your love of Taylor Mays.  Geez he is such a California douche.  He lost me after the TMNT backpacks.  I want a nasty punisher back there not some goofball.  I also think when the rookies are making fun of you like they did it's not a good sign.  You got to have some amount respect from your peers and he doesn't seem to have earned it.  As an example...I doubt the vets make fun of Harrison.  With or without Mays, this is the best roster we have put forth in a long time.  Let's go!     

To go into an NFL locker room after telling the world about your ninja turtle backpack takes a rare courage that should be respected.

I'd say ...

i see you haven't lost your touch...sanzenbacher = "baby honkey".

:lmao:

My answer to half of these questions are none of the above....

Shawn Williams at starting SS.

DiManche on the 53, but not necessarily on the 45 man active game day roster.

I think we keep 4 RBs and Burkhead and Peerman both make it. Don't really think one will clearly be the #3 and one the #4. They will both get limited carries and play special teams.

I also think the Bengals may consider going outside the organization for a true FB.

Seattle just cut Michael Robinson for example. He is a much better run blocker than Orson and brings more versatility than Conner as he is a decent receiving threat out of the backfield and much better with the ball in his hands than Conner also. Potentially kind of a Goldilocks style middle ground.

Archived