Dalton is the greatest of all time!!!! Brady is garbage!

That may be, but there are many times when he has the outlet available - but sees someone bearing down on him and so covers the ball and goes down instead of flicking it out there (and taking a bit of a hit).

and sometimes that's ok.  its better to take the sack than try to pass and get stripped.  He wouldn't necessarily get stripped on all of them, but sometimes taking the sack is the smart play.

This offense is still a work in progress and will continue to improve. I yelled with happiness and with anger today... The false start from peko on the one about broke the phone I am typing on right now lol. Once we get everything in sync with these Young weapons, watch out.

Hats off to the Defense! What a freakin game!

If the offense can manage to figure itself out, with this D will will be hard to beat.

I think that was a very smart heads up play, and a good throw, but the actual throw wasnt the THAT difficult. Not taking anything away from that play because it was a great play and probably the biggest of the day.

The actual throw itself to AJ was a harder pass to make and he dropped in in perfectly while having a hand in his face.

Either way Ill take both all day. Just no more stupid picks and he would have had a really good game.

oh definitely, that's why I said "smartest throw".  It wasn't overly difficult, but was a very smart play that kept the clock moving and got positive yardage.

I guess I'll say I'm content with how he played today, I won't complain about it.  He didn't have any amazing plays, but he didn't have any that made you groan as Marvin would say, he did his job.  Nothing too bad, nothing great...it was an ok game.  Do you think he played well today?

Anyone willing to be objective would say he played well today.  A solid B.

and sometimes that's ok.  its better to take the sack than try to pass and get stripped.  He wouldn't necessarily get stripped on all of them, but sometimes taking the sack is the smart play.

I agree, and think we're both seeing the same thing. Don't get me wrong, on half of those plays I think taking the sack is a good thing. But there are a number where he gets antsy fast and his mind goes blank during that crucial half second. We both loved that play so much because it was evidence of a big shift. You could almost see him remember that he had Gio out there.

And whoever said that we're simply a different team with Gio on the field is speaking the truth.

I agree, and think we're both seeing the same thing. Don't get me wrong, on half of those plays I think taking the sack is a good thing. But there are a number where he gets antsy fast and his mind goes blank during that crucial half second. We both loved that play so much because it was evidence of a big shift. You could almost see him remember that he had Gio out there.

And whoever said that we're simply a different team with Gio on the field is speaking the truth.

yea I didn't notice it today, but I think a couple times this year he's taken sacks because they've taken him by surprise.  He's got to do a better job minding his surroundings, but I'd rather him take the sack than rush a throw and get picked.  

And with all that said, Gruden's got to get more aggressive.  the more aggressive you are in your playcalling, the less negative plays hurt you.  That's the biggest issue right now IMO.  The playcalling isn't aggressive enough to help make up for the negative plays the offense will undoubtedly occiasionally have.

That was me, and I think Gio still has issues in pass pro - but besides that his impact is amazing. I swear I remember a sack that was due to Gio picking up the wrong guy.

I couldn't bring myself to watch the All 22 from the Browns last week but I will happily do that this week and post my analysis. I have a lot of downtime at work :ninja:

15 touches for Gio today.  Still think 18 is the magic number for him to energize the offense, and be fresh for a playoff run.

They would have kept feeding him if not for the fumble. He was money on that drive. After they got the ball back it was Lawfirm up the gut 3 times.

I'll give it to him - Dalton made a couple of plays that helped out the, but at the same time, I saw nothing today that leads me to believe that Dalton should be the Bengal QB beyond this season.  Anyone should have won behind the Bengals D today.

I'll give it to him - Dalton made a couple of plays that helped out the, but at the same time, I saw nothing today that leads me to believe that Dalton should be the Bengal QB beyond this season.  Anyone should have won behind the Bengals D today.

Don't discredit the Pats D. They are good. Unless Dalton has a Freeman-like meltdown, he will be the Bengals QB next season.

He didn't play well by any means.  He played decently.  He missed some throws, he took sacks again when he could/should have gotten rid of the ball and dumb decision making on the pick.  He did some good things but also some bad things.....he played above avg but by no means did he play well.  He had a good completion %. 

Gruden can call better plays as well, but he's clearly limited by Dalton.  What other team has the weapons this offense has, with about 1:10 in the half and all 3 time outs and concedes the possession to the other team essentially?  They gave NE a FG because Dalton leading the offense does not inspire confidence. 

Again, he played well at times, had a decent game overall but he continues to be the thing keeping this offense back.  Do you notice this offense doesnt/can't play "above the rim"?  It's apparent.  This offense should be dominant. 

But.......it's a win so who really gives a shit. 

Gio definitely gives us the dimension we have sorely missed for years. Hated to see the fumble as he really had the offense rolling that drive but it was a helmet-caused fumble, just like MJ's on Franklin a couple weeks ago. To me those are more of a luck thing & not near as worrisome as being stripped. Great win today & boy oh boy was that defense on fire! Can't wait to get Leon & MJ back. Who Dey!

He didn't play well by any means.  He played decently.  He missed some throws, he took sacks again when he could/should have gotten rid of the ball and dumb decision making on the pick.  He did some good things but also some bad things.....he played above avg but by no means did he play well.  He had a good completion %. 

Gruden can call better plays as well, but he's clearly limited by Dalton.  What other team has the weapons this offense has, with about 1:10 in the half and all 3 time outs and concedes the possession to the other team essentially?  They gave NE a FG because Dalton leading the offense does not inspire confidence. 

Again, he played well at times, had a decent game overall but he continues to be the thing keeping this offense back.  Do you notice this offense doesnt/can't play "above the rim"?  It's apparent.  This offense should be dominant. 

I agree with your whole post...especially the end

Do you really know that? Are you on the sidelines? We ALL knew that was the exact sequence that would happen late in 2Q because that is how Marvin Lewis coaches games. He wants his team to go run out the clock and get to the locker room. Shit, in the first game this year Gruden got torn apart for GOING FOR IT in the same situation, and an easy completion was dropped. 

Like I said before, tape analysis of NE's coverage is required to objectively evaluate this game. I'll give you more Internet points on your Dalton hate if he was giving up on open guys. 

Do you really know that? Are you on the sidelines? We ALL knew that was the exact sequence that would happen late in 2Q because that is how Marvin Lewis coaches games. He wants his team to go run out the clock and get to the locker room. Shit, in the first game this year Gruden got torn apart for GOING FOR IT in the same situation, and an easy completion was dropped. 

Like I said before, tape analysis of NE's coverage is required to objectively evaluate this game. I'll give you more Internet points on your Dalton hate if he was giving up on open guys. 

OK buddy.

Get a better punt from Huber and cover Amendola and this isn't an issue. If Dalton throws a pick there then it's most likely six. I like the decision here. Get to half catch your breath. 

they gave up a FG because Huber hit a 35yd punt.  I swear the Bengals are damned if they do, damned if they don't for some.  The same people complaining they didn't pass there are likely the same people who complained that they DID pass in the Chicago game.  

If Huber gets off even an average punt, New England has to go at least 29yds in 36 seconds with no timeouts in crappy weather conditions.  

With the way the D had been playing, it was absolutely the right call.

Get a better punt from Huber and cover Amendola and this isn't an issue. If Dalton throws a pick there then it's most likely six. I like the decision here. Get to half catch your breath. 

Exactly. The announcers shit on the team's "Confidence in Dalton" for this particular sequence but anyone who watches this team knew that's how they'd play it. And with our D playing the way it did, why wouldn't you? That sequence at the end of 2Q was the worst the played the whole game.

Archived