Power Rankings, Week 12

How can people not be concerned about Dalton?  Given his overall play and his history of shitty playoff output, it doesn't matter if we win the division or not.  We will lose our first playoff game again, if he doesn't step up and play.  We will only go as far as Dalton can carry us.  We can't put all the pressure we have on our D the past 3 weeks and expect to beat upper tier teams who are firing on both offense and defense. 

So play fucking better Dalton.  There that should do it.

Why not?  We are paying those dudes a hell of a lot of money to make plays too. 

I'm not concerned with Dalton and there shouldn't be concern.

I don't know if id go that far but at the end of te day you gotta look at the "back of his baseball card" more than just the last two games. His baseball card says he's a career 85-86 passer rating. I know passer rating doesn't tell the whole story but if he plays like that in the playoffs we have a pretty decent shot to win.

Obviously if he plays like he did the last two weeks our odds go down, but then again if he plays like he did in October our odds go way up. But I'll take the back of his baseball card come January. If he does that well be ok.

I don't know if id go that far but at the end of te day you gotta look at the "back of his baseball card" more than just the last two games. His baseball card says he's a career 85-86 passer rating. I know passer rating doesn't tell the whole story but if he plays like that in the playoffs we have a pretty decent shot to win.

Obviously if he plays like he did the last two weeks our odds go down, but then again if he plays like he did in October our odds go way up. But I'll take the back of his baseball card come January. If he does that well be ok.

And while AD didn't play well in the playoffs either time, I was also not impressed with anyone's performance, not on the O, the D, or the coaching.  So to me the problem with playoff performance is a TEAM issue, including Dalton but not limited to him

How can people not be concerned about Dalton?  Given his overall play and his history of shitty playoff output, it doesn't matter if we win the division or not.  We will lose our first playoff game again, if he doesn't step up and play.  We will only go as far as Dalton can carry us.  We can't put all the pressure we have on our D the past 3 weeks and expect to beat upper tier teams who are firing on both offense and defense. 

Once again, we are the only team other than the Saints that are in the top 10 in offense and defense, even with the shitty ass game they had this week… So I would say on a whole, the team has been fairly well balanced but the defense has performed better without question.

And while AD didn't play well in the playoffs either time, I was also not impressed with anyone's performance, not on the O, the D, or the coaching.  So to me the problem with playoff performance is a TEAM issue, including Dalton but not limited to him

I made a post in another thread but nearly every recent Super Bowl winning qb had previously struggled in their first couple playoff games. Ben, Eli, flacco, etc. It is completely normal to struggle in your first couple playoff games.

Really we are fans of a franchise that is all about the next step and legacy building.

Playoff advancement. Many times I've said it has incorrectly been described as a Qb accomplishment vs. a team.

I'm no more concerned about Dalton than I would be the other areas of the team putting their best foot forward when our playoff game arrives.

If that's the problem there's nothing we can do about it now. I've always believed quarterback play is even more important in the playoffs and so far I've enjoyed watching the Bengals appear in the last two postseasons. I've been a Bengals fan since I was six, at least that I can remember, and this is the best team we've ever had in that time. I'm excited for the possibilities and have faith that Andy will get it done. If not, well we still made the playoffs and as far as I know they're still planning on playing in 2014 too. Enjoy the ride.

Really we are fans of a franchise that is all about the next step and legacy building.

Playoff advancement. Many times I've said it has incorrectly been described as a Qb accomplishment vs. a team.

I'm no more concerned about Dalton than I would be the other areas of the team putting their best foot forward when our playoff game arrives.

Brilliant! 

If that's the problem there's nothing we can do about it now. I've always believed quarterback play is even more important in the playoffs and so far I've enjoyed watching the Bengals appear in the last two postseasons. I've been a Bengals fan since I was six, at least that I can remember, and this is the best team we've ever had in that time. I'm excited for the possibilities and have faith that Andy will get it done. If not, well we still made the playoffs and as far as I know they're still planning on playing in 2014 too. Enjoy the ride.

That's the way I see it also.

I've pointed out to him that almost every qb struggled in their first couple playoff games and that Andy is part of the norm not an exception. Doesn't change him from talking like dalton is set in stone as a bad playoff qb.

Some people just for care about stats or facts, just make their mind up and bang their drum.

Lets talk after the playoffs, or are we supposed to wait till the end of his 4th year, the same year Romo finally won his playoff game (and hasnt since)?

If you say so...

I'll throw my voice into the chorus that disagrees with your statement as well.  You're perception is that you are judged by your last performance at work irregardless of track record?

Really? That's just silly..

I'll throw my voice into the chorus that disagrees with your statement as well.  You're perception is that you are judged by your last performance at work irregardless of track record?

Really? That's just silly..

No disrespect intended, but tell that to the woman that just got fired on 60 minutes for that bad story about Benghazi.

Or Alex Smith.

Or Joe Flacco and his contract based on a few playoff games.

I'm just saying. High profile jobs sometimes have high-profile consequences. This is a what have you done for me lately world.

No disrespect intended, but tell that to the woman that just got fired on 60 minutes for that bad story about Benghazi.

Child Please.  That "woman" was banging the drum for war long before she was gang raped - as she tells it but as numerous journalists from around the world who saw the incident utterly dispute.  In fact, she went so far as to demand in a speech, just a month or so before her little Benghazi report (which was one in a long line of many aggressively pro-war pieces she's done for 60 Minutes), that America:

“exact revenge and let the world know that the United States will not be attacked on its own soil. That its ambassadors will not be murdered, and that the United States will not stand by and do nothing about it.”

60 Minutes, which has at least tried to remain one of the few last bastions of non-partisan, "objective" journalism (unlike Fox or MSNBC, which might as well be called Op-Ed instead of news), got duped by one of their own reporters doing a piece that perfectly played into the agenda she's been trumpeting for years.  Sure, she claimed she herself was duped, but all she had to do was the simplest Journalism 101 fact checking to verify her source's accuracy. 

CBS, through their own transparent internal investigation, concluded that the Benghazi report, rather than a single outlier as you would like to claim, was simply the latest in a long line of egregious abuses by an unbiased reporter.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say about Alex Smith, but Joe Flacco is another case of recent troubles not being the "latest thing" but reflective of his larger body of work. Sure, he racked up some wins - while playing consistently playing with a dominant defense, but the insanity in that whole situation was ever giving him the kind of deal that they did in the first place.  Because, you know, he was never really that good. 

And the fact that she didnt do that simple journalism 101 fact checking is the reason that she got relieved of her duties. Im not gonna sit here and pretend to be familiar with her past exploits or her biases, but I know that 60 minutes has a reputation for being relatively fair with their reporting, and if she is as shady as you claim, why was she there to being with? Cant claim to be a fair news show if the reporters you have doing stories are obviously biased. My point still stands...she had a job with good standing and then, all of a sudden she doesn't, based on her last story. 

Alex Smith got relieved from his job in the midst of a super bowl season because he got a concussion and Colin Kaepernick stepped in, had a good game, and never looked back. 

As for Flacco, we're saying the same thing. He wasnt that good, had a few good games in the playoffs, and got a ridiculous payday from it. Hence, his last performance at the job was the one that counted most at the crucial time, not his previous body of work. What he is doing now is not what Im talking about, but what he did immediately before the contract that "earned" him his big pay day.

For that matter, our own Marvin Jones. Some people here were saying that he was the new Chad Johnson after his big 4 TD game, ignoring the fact that he'd done not much before that and hasn't done much of anything since then.  

And so, Child Please right back at ya.

Archived