Thanks, Bengals Organization...

31 out of 32 teams have a season end in failure. This is year 3 of a rebuild. I personally really enjoyed watching these guys play this year and don't have any hard feelings. At the end of the day, it's just a game. A game I have absolutely no control over.

I was telling an equally disappointed friend this the other day. It was like a beam from above.

This season was one of my all-time favorites. I had a lot of fun. Better to get your playoff shots at getting the Ring, than to be Cleveland. We'll take another shot next year too. Looking forward to it.     

"I've never understood measuring your success now, to your worst times, like the 90's." ~ Lance McCallister

Totally agree.  This season was a failure.  As also discussed on Mo Egger today, they could have gone 8-8 with Josh Johnson and accomplished just as much.  This next season, for my money, is make or break.  I have a feeling 2010 is coming all over again.  I hope its just an overreaction for the time being, but it wouldn't surprise me, especially if Zim leaves and takes Hue Jackson and Paul Guenther with him, not to mention possibly losing both Michael Johnson and Anthony Collins.  It Could get bad real fast.   

"I've never understood measuring your success now, to your worst times, like the 90's." ~ Lance McCallister

Totally agree.  This season was a failure.  As also discussed on Mo Egger today, they could have gone 8-8 with Josh Johnson and accomplished just as much.  This next season, for my money, is make or break.  I have a feeling 2010 is coming all over again.  I hope its just an overreaction for the time being, but it wouldn't surprise me, especially if Zim leaves and takes Hue Jackson and Paul Guenther with him, not to mention possibly losing both Michael Johnson and Anthony Collins.  It Could get bad real fast.   

Why stop there? Maybe Atkins and Hall never recover. Maybe the almighty golden egg-laying AJ Green demands a trade. Maybe the team moves to Los Angeles. Maybe Goodell suspends Burfict as part of his totally fair and impartial conduct policy.

There are so many bad scenarios to consider! Ah, to be a Bengals fan...

Why stop there? Maybe Atkins and Hall never recover. Maybe the almighty golden egg-laying AJ Green demands a trade. Maybe the team moves to Los Angeles. Maybe Goodell suspends Burfict as part of his totally fair and impartial conduct policy.

There are so many bad scenarios to consider! Ah, to be a Bengals fan...

The suggestions I listed are all possibilities that have been discussed in the local media in Cincinnati and one can prognosticate that zim, Jackson, Johnson, and Collins could all be gone next year.  As far as your suggestions go, not so much Geno,  but its very likely Hall doesn't return to his top form.  As for your other statements, well, we all know what you were acting like there....don't we?

The suggestions I listed are all possibilities that have been discussed in the local media in Cincinnati and one can prognosticate that zim, Jackson, Johnson, and Collins could all be gone next year.  As far as your suggestions go, not so much Geno,  but its very likely Hall doesn't return to his top form.  As for your other statements, well, we all know what you were acting like there....don't we?

Is that a royal "we" or are you speaking in some form of official capacity?

And you know, for once, I think the same way Lance does.

But I shake my head at the hand-wringing. Regardless of losing coaches, some players, etc...the culture of 2010--and for that matter, the '90's--no longer exists. At least where it matters: around the Bengals themselves.

I have ridden the roller-coaster that is this franchise since nearly it's beginning. I have said it before: these are great days we are living, bros. we are jolly green giants in the land. Enjoy it.

Mehh, this is an organization the strives for mediocrity. They have the perfect coach in Marvin Lewis for that. They hired an unproven OC on the cheap then drafted the safe QB in an attempt to win some games to stop the hemorrhaging that was the Carson Palmer debacle. They don't swing for the fences, they are happy with singles and a decent batting average, nothing more.

They are Yahoo in a world dominated by Google. They put out their product ,find enough buyers, pay the bills and are happy to not be AOL which is good enough for them.

In the end, this window of opportunity will close sooner rather than later. Pittsburgh and Baltimore will do everything possible to get back on top and will most likely do so. We will stay the course and remain the fringe playoff team that occasionally gets an extra game at the end of the year. Zimmer leaving will cement this.

If you can live with this as long as its entertaining, so be it.

When this team swung for the fences they either missed or got burned by guys like Pollack, Thurman and Henry. I'm glad they don't "swing for the fences" anymore.

Gruden will get a job before Zimmer does. Guenther isn't leaving this team if our DC spot comes open.

MJ needs to go. Collins will most likely be signed and Whit stays at LG.

Yeah. My major fear is that Pitt and Baltimore are just gonna leapfrog us while we regress with Andy and Marvin for another year.

Anybody think theres a chance that maybe AJ doesn't want to resign here?

AJ really doesn't have an option.  They can give him the 5th year option if he doesn't agree to an extension and they can easily hand out back to back franchise tags on him and it really won't hurt them financially at all. They own Green for another 4 years before an extension and him walking would potentially happen. There is also no chance he doesn't sign to a deal here when they are ready to pay him. I would NOT offer him an extension this offseason.

He dropped it because he thought he was going to get blown up by the safety that was running full speed in his direction. If the pass was in front of him he wouldn't have had to take his eyes off the ball and look at the safety.

To suggest that Dalton isn't the weakest link on this offense is laughable. Green is the Pro Bowl All-Pro record breaking player, Dalton is the guy who wilts under pressure and committed 7 turnovers in the last 2 games.

The weakest link on the offense is first the offensive coordinator and second the interior OL.

AJ disappears in big games and has dropped 2 TD passes in the playoffs now. If Dalton wilts under pressure then AJ is right there with him.

The weakest link on the offense is first the offensive coordinator and second the interior OL.

AJ disappears in big games and has dropped 2 TD passes in the playoffs now. If Dalton wilts under pressure then AJ is right there with him.

What are you talking about. In last years playoffs they didn't throw him the ball until the 3rd quarter because the genius that is Gruden decided to use our best offensive weapon as a decoy. This year AJ had one deep ball threw his way and it was under thrown. 

What are you talking about. In last years playoffs they didn't throw him the ball until the 3rd quarter because the genius that is Gruden decided to use our best offensive weapon as a decoy. This year AJ had one deep ball threw his way and it was under thrown. 

Exactly, he disappears. Can't get open. 

Archived