Can McCarron push Dalton for Bengals’ QB job?

AJ is going to start somewhere eventually. He played fairly well in the pre-season. I think the one thing he does possess over Andy is his ability to climb the pocket.  Andy tends to roll to his right when he senses pressure and pretty much eliminates one half of the football field, whereas AJ continues to step up and keep the whole field in play.  It's just a product of the offenses they ran in college.

I like AJs long term potential. Doesn't have a cannon but Phillip and Peyton seem to be doing alright with lasering the ball all over the field. 

You know Dalton sucks when he is ranked near the bottom against the rest of the starting QB's in the league. The thing is, most of those QB's near the bottom have terrible teams but Dalton has a pretty solid team so that tells ya something there.

To be fair, a lot of the "rankings" that are out are based on a bunch of bupkis. Seriously, even the ones that are supposedly based on all these crazy stats have some measure of bias to them, if you really look for it. He is, quite simply, not a lower tier quarterback in this league right now. A quarterback that has piloted his team to four straight playoffs is not a bottom of the heap guy. Now, I'm not saying he is top tier or even high second tier, but I'd take him over more than half the starting quarterbacks in the league. 

To be fair, a lot of the "rankings" that are out are based on a bunch of bupkis. Seriously, even the ones that are supposedly based on all these crazy stats have some measure of bias to them, if you really look for it. He is, quite simply, not a lower tier quarterback in this league right now. A quarterback that has piloted his team to four straight playoffs is not a bottom of the heap guy. Now, I'm not saying he is top tier or even high second tier, but I'd take him over more than half the starting quarterbacks in the league. 

Ever notice how many freakin tiers that have been invented in order to avoid saying Dalton is a marginal QB?   

When you are coming up with "High second tier" you've got a marginal QB.     When Kenny is so upset over McCooter you know you've got a marginal QB.

AJ is going to start somewhere eventually. He played fairly well in the pre-season. I think the one thing he does possess over Andy is his ability to climb the pocket.  Andy tends to roll to his right when he senses pressure and pretty much eliminates one half of the football field, whereas AJ continues to step up and keep the whole field in play.  It's just a product of the offenses they ran in college.

I like AJs long term potential. Doesn't have a cannon but Phillip and Peyton seem to be doing alright with lasering the ball all over the field. 

Andy does not handle pressure and often times invents pressure.     Many times he spazzes out and runs himself into a "no play" situation. 

In the short sample of Training Camp and Preseason speed of the action.  AJ keeps plays alive better and he has better ball placement.    The back shoulder throws he executed in limited snaps were impressive.   The deep out has finally made an appearance back into the playbook.    

Anybody with an honest opinion that's watch Dalton and AJ throw drills in TC when they are alternating but throwing the same routes isn't going to say AJ has a weaker arm.  They are more than likely to come away saying he has a stronger arm and is more consistent as the throws go longer vs. Dalton.    Again, all at practice speed of the game.

Ever notice how many freakin tiers that have been invented in order to avoid saying Dalton is a marginal QB?   

When you are coming up with "High second tier" you've got a marginal QB.     When Kenny is so upset over McCooter you know you've got a marginal QB.

I totally agree with him. Dalton is middle of the pack.  Not marginal but not Wheaties Box Material either.

Why does McCooter have you so worried? 

I'm actually concerned about your well being.  I'm worried that when you find out that the guy whose nuts you've been gargling, isn't that into you,  You may go ballistic, and start posting wild crap about trading for Cutler, and closer to top ten than bottom ten.  

I'm actually concerned about your well being.  I'm worried that when you find out that the guy whose nuts you've been gargling, isn't that into you,  You may go ballistic, and start posting wild crap about trading for Cutler, and closer to top ten than bottom ten.  

Oh Kenny a low round pick of the Cincinnati Bengals (your favorite team) plays well and you are talking about balls gargling.    That's not normal. 

Why does his success bother you?  Why are you and others so threatened?    Dalton is marginal and I assume you root for the Bengals and not the Cincinnati Daltons, so is a potential upgrade at QB a bad thing? 

Why does his success bother you?  Why are you and others so threatened?

Whenever someone writes anything positve about Dalton Scharm immediately responds with a half dozen posts that attempt to correct the narrative.

He'll even take the time to correct a fellow hater who has the nerve to admit Dalton isn't as bad as some claim.

Threatened much?

Funnier still, his sidekick BABie usually jumps in about the same time to remind everyone how he's a big boy now and can to count up to two. 

Oh Kenny a low round pick of the Cincinnati Bengals (your favorite team) plays well and you are talking about balls gargling.    That's not normal. 

Why does his success bother you?  Why are you and others so threatened?    Dalton is marginal and I assume you root for the Bengals and not the Cincinnati Daltons, so is a potential upgrade at QB a bad thing? 

See, scharm, the difference is that you've been gargling (type in any QB but Andy's name) balls for at least the last three years, so it is quite normal for you.  Why does Andy's success bother you?  Why do you find a way to blame him for every loss, but never give him credit for a single win?  Before it was the Great D, but last year, no great D, still playoffs.  Just admit, you're a pessimistic addict, paying your cash for the mediocrity you so profess to despise.  As my one friend would say, AJ is just your next ex-wife, someone you love from afar, but whose ass you will beat once you get married. Could I suggest Posters anonymous?

Archived