Observations through two games

HairOnFire has been banned.  Stepped over the line for the last time with the Mods in a message he sent us.  Hopefully, one less pot stirrer will have the intended effect.  Enjoy the rest of the season.

Should have happened a long time ago because that's what he was intending to do was to troll people. But good on you guys for finally doing it.

I see NE as a huge issue for this team, for this defense as it stands currently.  Bengals' D's weakness is short passing game where the LBs are forced to cover, make plays....short quick passes in general disrupt this defense, which is predicated on pressure on the QB.  Edelaman would have 15 catches, Gronk would have a field day as he presents the same issues Eifert presents for opposing defenses.  LB can't stay with him and S can't contend for the ball.

Return of Burfict and Dawson getting up to speed would help tremendously, but even so, NE is the only team I don't think the Bengals can beat in the entire NFL....maybe GB as well as Rodgers is ridiculously good.  Best QB in the NFL by far IMO.   Things look really good through 2 games, but that should be tempered with the 3 game start at the beginning of last year.  Let's hope for health and continued emphasis on protecting the ball.  They're the 2 biggest keys for this team.   

I see NE as a huge issue for this team, for this defense as it stands currently.  Bengals' D's weakness is short passing game where the LBs are forced to cover, make plays....short quick passes in general disrupt this defense, which is predicated on pressure on the QB.  Edelaman would have 15 catches, Gronk would have a field day as he presents the same issues Eifert presents for opposing defenses.  LB can't stay with him and S can't contend for the ball.

Return of Burfict and Dawson getting up to speed would help tremendously, but even so, NE is the only team I don't think the Bengals can beat in the entire NFL....maybe GB as well as Rodgers is ridiculously good.  Best QB in the NFL by far IMO.   Things look really good through 2 games, but that should be tempered with the 3 game start at the beginning of last year.  Let's hope for health and continued emphasis on protecting the ball.  They're the 2 biggest keys for this team.   

Luckily we don't play NE unless we meet them in the playoffs, and by then Burfict and Dawson will hopefully be doing something as you said.

I believe the Bengals will be presented with a grand opportunity this season to increase their fanbase.   That will come in the playoffs facing the Patriots.   The Patriots haters probably out number the entire Bengal nation currently.      I think the Patriots are going to continue to roll and accumulate wins and more haters.   It will be up to the Bengals to stop the Pats chances for a consecutive Superbowl.

This is what I have observed through the first two games this season. 

His M/O is passive aggressive contrarian. It's why he shouldn't be taken seriously on any subject. I don't know if he thinks it's "edgy" (fuckin hipsters) or what but he's always good for the days you need to let off steam and know someone will be there to argue with you for the sole purpose of arguing with you.

BTW Welcome to the site.

Thanks.  Hope to talk more football and avoid the trolls.

I bitched slightly about the first pick so I should probably note who some of us would have rather have had

Shane Ray 0 tackles

Bud Dupreee 6 tackles 2 sacks 

Shaq Thompson 5 tackles

Eric Kendricks 6 tackles

At this point I have realized how stupid this is to do after 2 games but it's already typed so blah......

Not stupid at all MW.  In fact, I think it's the kind of perspective that we should regularly be hitting ourselves with.  My what ifs there would have been different than yours: 

(I wanted Dupree the most but still don't know if he would have "fit" here)

Stephone Anthony: (11 tackles)

DGB (1 catch, 1 TD)

Jordan Philips (1 Sack (total, no tackles, etc)

(IMO, anyone after Jake Fisher doesn't count because we could have had them with our second round pick)

Not stupid at all MW.  In fact, I think it's the kind of perspective that we should regularly be hitting ourselves with.  My what ifs there would have been different than yours: 

(I wanted Dupree the most but still don't know if he would have "fit" here)

Stephone Anthony: (11 tackles)

DGB (1 catch, 1 TD)

Jordan Philips (1 Sack (total, no tackles, etc)

(IMO, anyone after Jake Fisher doesn't count because we could have had them with our second round pick)

It's just such an incomplete picture at this point. I couldn't even remember who I wanted at that point. I do now though. 

Malcolm Brown 3 tackles 1 sack

Archived