Thursday night pre game

Feel free to move this topic but I was looking for some help. We have a group of 16 coming from Columbus for the game Thursday. Probably a little late in the game to put a tailgate together, so what are good options nearby. I go to plenty of games but never with a group like this and never really do anything beforehand. 

Things of importance:

1. Good atmosphere

2. Possibly food, bar food will work

3. Affordable beer (as affordable as it gets for game day)

Thanks for the help!

I would seriously consider tailgate.     Last year's Thursday Night v. Browns bar atmosphere around the Stadium was awesome but so awesome that it was too crowded.   If you like fighting in line for beers etc.   

Tin Roof.  Holy Grail.  Yardhouse and some other places right in the Banks will have tons of fans.   Right by Reds stadium.    If you want a table to eat, better get down early. 

In the city around 6 and Vine a few block walk is Knockback Nats.  Usually have a good crowd but not annoyingly overcrowded but for Thursday Night who knows? 

I would avoid entering through the east side of the stadium Gate D.    Loop around and hit the endzone entrances.    

I would seriously consider tailgate.     Last year's Thursday Night v. Browns bar atmosphere around the Stadium was awesome but so awesome that it was too crowded.   If you like fighting in line for beers etc.   

Tin Roof.  Holy Grail.  Yardhouse and some other places right in the Banks will have tons of fans.   Right by Reds stadium.    If you want a table to eat, better get down early. 

In the city around 6 and Vine a few block walk is Knockback Nats.  Usually have a good crowd but not annoyingly overcrowded but for Thursday Night who knows? 

I would avoid entering through the east side of the stadium Gate D.    Loop around and hit the endzone entrances.    

Tina's? Too crowded? They seem more crowded after games, but I usually only pass there after day games.

Tina's? Too crowded? They seem more crowded after games, but I usually only pass there after day games.

Tina's is our spot when my wife and I go to the games.  We usually go around 11am for a Sunday game, so not sure what it will be like for a Thursday night game.  Good Luck.  Enjoy your time!

There are a couple older places Tina's, Head First, and In between Tavern that might be less crowded than the places at the Banks.     

Primetime games seem to have a higher percentage of ticket holders pre-gaming and there is clearly a ton of extra people that are there for the party and are not going to the game at all.

In between Tavern has several garages next to it and it has room and a patio.   Not sure about food.  Wouldn't be a bad option, maybe.

Going with a decent sized group. My first game this year but we pregamed at Holy Grail once last year for a game. Been there for a number of Reds games too. I like the place honestly. 

The Banks has some dope places though. First shitstain game. Will probably be popping where ever you go

Coming from Columbus also, season ticket holder and we tailgate in a little parking lot on 3rd between Race and Vine. Tonight's tailgate will be very abbreviated, but you and your group are more than welcome to stop by and grab a libation. We should be there between 5:30 and 6? There's also a bar right next to us, The Blind Pig, that's built on top of an old friends, old business, it's actually an extension of O'Malleys in the Alley (mentioned above) It's pretty righteous, lots of Bengals fans and they have some food. Also down at the corner from us Morrell's has a tailgate party and they usually have free hotdogs and stuff. Really from my experience, you're pretty much welcome at any tailgate you may come across, as long as you're not an opposing team fan :P

If you come by our little piece of heaven, look for me, I'll have some era of jersey on #64 with MOC on the nameplate. High School Harry usually stops by at some point, so you will be able to possibly meet a "regular" from this board. I'm a newb on this board, but admin another smaller board elsewhere.

Archived