Even at 3-5-1, Bengals Control Their Own Destiny

Texans, ravens, browns, Stealers and ravens again are all wins with a healthy AJ Green and an accurate Nugent. 

If we can figure out a way to gut a W Sunday I think we could pull this shit off, but I am a massive Homer.

Um...can I have your life preserver & boat. You won't be needing them since your staying on board. I'll tell everyone you went down with the ship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 11/22/2016 at 7:47 AM, Le Tigre said:

I am with you on the homer train. I am also just as perplexed as to why this is happening. Each internet expert here has their fool-proof reasonings, but I still look back a short 11months ago and see basically the same team.

It's not the same team or coaching staff. Andre "Moobs" Smith, Reggie Nelson, Marvin Jones, and Mo Same contributed a lot to last year's team.

Coaches like Hue and Vance Joseph are two of the best coaches in the NFL and losing them without capable replacement is why they are one of the worst teams in the league.

25 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

It's not the same team or coaching staff. Andre "Moobs" Smith, Reggie Nelson, Marvin Jones, and Mo Same contributed a lot to last year's team.

Coaches like Hue and Vance Joseph are two of the best coaches in the NFL and losing them without capable replacement is why they are one of the worst teams in the league.

Agreed, but the ravens and Stealers aren't any better than us.

I still think our record is a direct relationship to us winning the division and having a really tough schedule, we got the Broncos, while the Stealers got the Chiefs who I don't think were that good at the time. Ravens haven't played the patriots yet so they're another loss.

We have lost to the #1, #3, #5, #6, tied the #9, and #13 teams and #17 teams

We have beat the #11, but still have to play the #13, #14, #15 and #16 teams, all of which I think we can win with an accurate nugent and healthy AJ green. 

I also think the Stealers can lose to the colts, bills, giants and bengals, we just need them to lose 1 of the games and we just need to win out, which I think is doable considering how brutal of a schedule we have actually had.

4 hours ago, turningpoint said:

Agreed, but the ravens and Stealers aren't any better than us.

I still think our record is a direct relationship to us winning the division and having a really tough schedule

Up to a point, but that doesn't explain how we go 2/3rds of the season and only have 3 home games - one on Thursday night.  Must be the integrity.

I think it's painfully obvious the team was being punished but call it what you want.

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Up to a point, but that doesn't explain how we go 2/3rds of the season and only have 3 home games - one on Thursday night.  Must be the integrity.

I think it's painfully obvious the team was being punished but call it what you want.

On another note of integrity, I see where Luck has been ruled out for tomorrow's game against the Stealers with "effects of a lingering concussion". How convenient. 

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

On another note of integrity, I see where Luck has been ruled out for tomorrow's game against the Stealers with "effects of a lingering concussion". How convenient. 

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Three of our last four games are against teams in our division.  Stealers and Browns (who knew they would be such a train wreck when the schedule was made) and Baltimore twice.  A bit back loaded it seems to me.

I am with you on the homer train. I am also just as perplexed as to why this is happening. Each internet expert here has their fool-proof reasonings, but I still look back a short 11months ago and see basically the same team.

We basically had three number 1 receivers on offense. Green, Jones, Sanu: Jones is now starting in Detroit and Sanu now starting in Atlanta. How's that the same team??? We're rebuilding

Please...Marvin Jones disappeared the last month of the season, and Sanu wasn't much better. In any event, I was speaking in terms of overall roster and coaching staff. If you want to nitpick, then no, it is not "exactly" the same team. And the difference should not be significant enough to cause this great of a slide. 

I see the biggest difference from last season to this one (and let's not forget that after starting 8-0 last year we only managed four more wins after that, meaning that we are 7-10-1 since then) is how we aren't making the plays in the clutch like we used to, on offense or defense. Teams aren't generally blowing us out, we are barely losing games that in the last few seasons we would barely win. It's a pretty fair illustration of the parity in the league to me. Our worst losses were to Dallas, Denver and NE, all playoff teams with either great offenses or defenses. We have regressed to the mean against the very best teams. And Dallas isn't losing to anyone.

Heck, we are 0-2-1 in our last three games with the losing total margin only being 5 points. If we had defeated all three of those teams we'd be in first place at 6-3-1 instead of the other way around. This has been a crazy, and disappointing, season.

That has more to do with the talent level of his team vs the competition more so than his ability to coach. 
Hue had multiple offers to be the HC of a NFL team, those opportunities don't exist for bad coaches.

Hmmm? So Fisher and Lewis are great coaches. That's easy to say when your not paying their salary lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 11/24/2016 at 8:12 AM, RhodeIslandFan said:

We basically had three number 1 receivers on offense. Green, Jones, Sanu: Jones is now starting in Detroit and Sanu now starting in Atlanta. How's that the same team??? We're rebuilding emoji41.png

WHAT?

Jones is a maybe 1b/2, hasn't really done much since his 200yd game.

Sanu is a 2/3. He is doing well because he is benefiting greatly from Julio Jones, just like he did here with Green.

Archived