MARVIN LEWIS!

This man has single handedly gave us one of the best teams in the nfl.If he ever came out with a book id definetly read it!!! this is one smart guy he not only did it in a total of 3 years but he has managed to get our team so good that we will stay good for many years to come!!!WHO DEY GO BENGALS LETS PLAY SOME FOOTBALL!!! :)

PS!! Tell me why...when marvin lewis said knock on wood toward the end of his press conference,he knocked on his head? :blink:

[quote name='cantstop85' date='Aug 17 2005, 09:02 PM']This man has single handedly gave us one of the best teams in the nfl.If he ever came out with a book id definetly read it!!! this is one smart guy he not only did it in a total of 3 years but he has managed to get our team so good that we will stay good for many years to come!!!WHO DEY GO BENGALS LETS PLAY SOME FOOTBALL!!! :)

[b]PS!! Tell me why...when marvin lewis said knock on wood toward the end of his press conference,he knocked on his head?[/b] :blink:
[right][post="132818"][/post][/right][/quote]

:lol: I noticed that too, because thats the EXACT same thing I do when I say that phrase. :headbang:

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='Aug 17 2005, 09:33 PM'] :lol:   I noticed that too, because thats the EXACT same thing I do when I say that phrase.  :headbang:
[right][post="132847"][/post][/right][/quote]
Hmmmm....maybe you are Marvin! I cannot say that I've ever seen the two of you at the same place at the same time. :rockon:

[quote name='esjbh2' date='Aug 17 2005, 10:44 PM']Hmmmm....maybe you are Marvin!  I cannot say that I've ever seen the two of you at the same place at the same time. :rockon:
[right][post="132853"][/post][/right][/quote]

Naw If I were Marvin, Id be getting BJ off my legg right about now. :P

[quote name='sois' date='Aug 17 2005, 09:50 PM']Best team in ages, but I am still iffy on the D-Line.  In Madden, they aren't too good.

[right][post="132833"][/post][/right][/quote]

Not trying to be an ass here, but what in the hell does Madden have to do with real life? Fucking Madden is a video game! Its not real!

:whistle:

Guest Bengals1181

[quote name='cincyjon' date='Aug 17 2005, 10:50 PM']Not trying to be an ass here, but what in the hell does Madden have to do with real life? Fucking Madden is a video game! Its not real!

[right][post="132857"][/post][/right][/quote]

video games mean nothing. I won 15 straight national championships with UC in NCAA Football 2003. :P

[quote name='cincyjon' date='Aug 17 2005, 09:50 PM']Not trying to be an ass here, but what in the hell does Madden have to do with real life? Fucking Madden is a video game! Its not real!

[right][post="132857"][/post][/right][/quote]
WORD! It don't mean shit in real life. :onoudidnt:

[quote name='sois' date='Aug 17 2005, 09:50 PM']Best team in ages, but I am still iffy on the D-Line.  In Madden, they aren't too good.[/quote]

I'm gonna go ahead and figure you wrote this drunk. I mean, arguably the best thing going on our defense right now is our line. You've got Justin Smith, who only lead the league in tackles for a DE, Geathers who is obviously going to become a beast, Robinson who has posted the same quality numbers his entire career, and JT who is moving back into the spot he should've been in the whole time. I mean, did you watch the first preseason game? Did you even see a pocket when our first-string D was on the field?

But yeah they must actually suck since Madden says so...

Madden = Video Game

Our D-Line = Force of Nature.

Act like you knew.

Guest Claptonrocks

[quote name='cantstop85' date='Aug 17 2005, 08:02 PM']This man has single handedly gave us one of the best teams in the nfl.If he ever came out with a book id definetly read it!!! this is one smart guy he not only did it in a total of 3 years but he has managed to get our team so good that we will stay good for many years to come!!!WHO DEY GO BENGALS LETS PLAY SOME FOOTBALL!!! :)

PS!! Tell me why...when marvin lewis said knock on wood toward the end of his press conference,he knocked on his head? :blink:
[right][post="132818"][/post][/right][/quote]

I like Marvin... He's turned this franchise from a laughing stock into a team thats formidable on Sunday's... that said before I go out on a limb and call this one of the best teams in the NFL I'd like to see them win more than they lose... We havent done that for awhile...

[quote name='T-Dub' date='Aug 18 2005, 12:57 AM']Did you even see a pocket when our first-string D was on the field?[/quote]

i'm not saying our D-line is weak, but you are right the pocket collapses quickly. BUT did you see some of the running lanes that Dillon ran through? I could have picked up 4 or 5 yards on those holes.

I do think our D-line will only get better, once they stuff those holes with our up and coming line backers

[quote name='Cool JJ' date='Aug 18 2005, 09:34 AM']i'm not saying our D-line is weak, but you are right the pocket collapses quickly.  [b]BUT did you see some of the running lanes that Dillon ran through?  I could have picked up 4 or 5 yards on those holes.[/b]

I do think our D-line will only get better, once they stuff those holes with our up and coming line backers
[right][post="132968"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Then why wasn't Dillon? Aside from that one long run off the perimeter, we did a good job shutting him down.

Guest BengalsOwn

[quote name='T-Dub' date='Aug 17 2005, 11:57 PM']I mean, arguably the best thing going on our defense right now is our line.

Our D-Line = Force of Nature.

[right][post="132907"][/post][/right][/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] :pointlaff: :crazy: :lol: [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//30.gif[/img] :haha: [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//19.gif[/img] :klwn: [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//40.gif[/img] :265: :sterb041:

Our D-line = Medicore

[quote name='Lucid' date='Aug 18 2005, 09:40 AM']Then why wasn't Dillon? Aside from that one long run off the perimeter, we did a good job shutting him down.
[right][post="132971"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Dillon 4 carries 26 yards 6.5 yads average per carry...
Matt Cassel 5 carries 46 yards 9.2 yards average per carry

both of these guys ran one our starting D..

Like i said it will improve, because it has to

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='Aug 18 2005, 09:42 AM'] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]   :pointlaff:   :crazy:   :lol:   [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//30.gif[/img]   :haha:  [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//19.gif[/img]   :klwn:  [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//40.gif[/img]   :265:   :sterb041:

Our D-line = Medicore
[right][post="132975"][/post][/right][/quote]

This has yet to be seen.... This season is not the same as last..

[b]Justin Smith[/b] > Mediocre
[b]Robert Gathers[/b] has done nothing but prove he is a play maker every time he has been in the game. Hopefully he is the player he appears to be.
[b]Brian Robinson[/b] Looked impressive in the 1st preseason game.. We will have to wait and see what the season brings.
[b]John Thornton[/b] Is much better on the left side. He is a solid starter.

Seriously, I would agree that our line has been mediocre the past couple of seasons... Not terrible, but nothing to be proud of either. But in the game against NE, when our starters were in, the line performed very well. Also, Moore and Smith showed potential as back ups. Even in our trouncing of NE last year, the line didn't fair nearly so well.

I know this is just the pre season, but I am encouraged by the play so far, and have real hope that we will be better then just mediocre this year on the line.

Hopefully, we will show some continuity this weekend against the 'skins.

[quote name='Cool JJ' date='Aug 18 2005, 09:52 AM']Dillon 4 carries 26 yards 6.5 yads average per carry...
Matt Cassel 5 carries 46 yards 9.2 yards average per carry

both of these guys ran one our starting D..

Like i said it will improve, because it has to
[right][post="132980"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

C.Dillon left end to NE 42 for 2 yards ;
C.Dillon up the middle to CIN 43 for 3 yards ;
[b]C.Dillon left end pushed ob at CIN 47 for 20 yards [/b];
C.Dillon left end to CIN 46 for 1 yard;

The one run he made up the middle netted 3 yards... 2 off end were for 1 and 2 yards.. He basically had 1 good run off end... That wasn't because our line wasn't doing their job.

**EDIT**

Cassel played against our scrubs..

[quote name='Lucid' date='Aug 18 2005, 09:56 AM']C.Dillon left end to NE 42 for 2 yards ;

The one run he made up the middle netted 3 yards... 2 off end were for 1 and 2 yards.. He basically had 1 good run off end... That wasn't because our line wasn't doing their job.
[right][post="132985"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Not to mention, Cory has been known to torch some really good running defenses.

Guest fredtoast
[quote name='Lucid' date='Aug 18 2005, 09:56 AM']C.Dillon left end to NE 42 for 2 yards ;

Damn, too bad we don't have a big run-stuffing LOLB to plug into our "D". . . . Oh, wait, I forgot. . .

[font="Impact"][b]bwahahahaha!![/font][/b]

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Lucid' date='Aug 18 2005, 08:56 AM']C.Dillon left end to NE 42 for 2 yards ;

**EDIT**

Cassel played against our scrubs..

very good point... i remember that play well, and NE did a great job at putting a wall up against our d... geathers didn't have outside contain (i don't know the play call, so he may have been on an inside stunt)... our defense didn't get burnt on the run besides that, and you'll have that when playing a team that has won 3 out of 4 superbowls.... we weren't playing the bears or 49ers or something... our run d (for our starters) looked pretty damn good actually...

[quote name='fredtoast' date='Aug 18 2005, 11:40 AM']Damn, too bad we don't have a big run-stuffing LOLB to plug into our "D".  .  .  .  Oh, wait, I forgot.  .  . 

[font="Impact"][b]bwahahahaha!![/font][/b]
[right][post="133061"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

FYI, Corey's run to the left, is to the RIGHT side of our defense. A big run-stuffing LOLB probably wouldn't have made a difference on that play.

Guest fredtoast
[quote name='Cricket' date='Aug 18 2005, 01:04 PM']FYI, Corey's run to the left, is to the RIGHT side of our defense.  A big run-stuffing LOLB probably wouldn't have made a difference on that play.
[right][post="133081"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

You're correct, but I'm still excited. Everyone talks about Pollack's pass rushing ability, but I think Marvin was just as excited about getting a 250 lb outside LB to help our pathetic rush defense. In fact, I read that Johnson and Simmons will be the OLBs in the nickle package. Unless they pull out Smith or Geathers (which I doubt) then this means Pollack won't even be on the field on passing downs. Maybe they'll pull Robinson and move Justin down to DT in the nickle.

No matter what they do our "D" will be a lot better than last year against both the pass and the run.

Smith - Average at best. Never makes a big play when we NEED it.

Robinson - Has been a steady NFL starter for some time. Hopefully he'll do well for us, but this guy never has been and never will be an elite NFL player.

Thornton - I'm sick of watching this pansy get pushed around. Langston Moore should be starting over him.

Geathers - Heck of an athlete here. Every time he got a chance last year he was making a good play. He is still unproven as a starter, but I look for good things from him.

D-Line is NOT the strong part of this team in any way.

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='BengalDude' date='Aug 18 2005, 03:10 PM'][b]Smith - Average at best.  Never makes a big play when we NEED it.[/b]

Robinson - Has been a steady NFL starter for some time.  Hopefully he'll do well for us, but this guy never has been and never will be an elite NFL player.

[b]Thornton - I'm sick of watching this pansy get pushed around.  Langston Moore should be starting over him.[/b]

Geathers - Heck of an athlete here.  Every time he got a chance last year he was making a good play.  He is still unproven as a starter, but I look for good things from him.

D-Line is NOT the strong part of this team in any way.
[right][post="133198"][/post][/right][/quote]

you obviously don't watch the games :huh: its becoming obvious... when does JT get pushed around??

Guest fredtoast
[quote name='BengalDude' date='Aug 18 2005, 04:10 PM']Thornton - I'm sick of watching this pansy get pushed around.  Langston Moore should be starting over him.
[right][post="133198"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

[b]WTF?[/b] I'm not a big fan of JT, but this is just ridiculous.

JT=
College All-American,
2nd round pick
1999 NFL All-Rookie team,
2002 started every game for NFL's #2 rated rush defense,
2003 led Bengals in sacks (as a DT!)
2004 started every game for second year in a row

Moore=
6th round pick
2003 practice squad
2004 back up to [b]TONY WILLIAMS[/b]

Tell me what you have seen out of Moore that makes you think he can be anywhere near as productive as JT?

Archived