List some of your Favorite Quotes:

The Scales

Some of my favorite quotes are from satarist/writer Mark Twain....

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies and statistics."

"Always tell the truth; then you don't have to remember anything. "

"It is best to keep your mouth shut and be presumed stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

"A good lie will have traveled half way around the world while the truth is putting on her boots."

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."

"Don't let school interfere with your education."

"Heaven for climate. Hell for company."

"Golf is a good walk spoiled."

"If God had meant for us to be naked, we'd have been born that way."

Guest BadassBengal
"One can generally say this about men: that they are ungrateful, fickle, simulators and deceivers, avoiders of danger, greedy for gain; and while you work for their good they are completely yours, offerying you their blood, their property, their lives, and their sons when danger is far away; but when it comes nearer to you, they turn away"

"A prudent ruler cannot, and must not honour his word when it places him at a disadvantage and when the reasons for which he made his promise no longer exist. And if men were all good, this rule would not be good; but since men are a sorry lot and will not keep their promises to you, you likewise need not keep yours to them. But one must know how to colour one's actions and to be a great liar and deceiver."

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee << samuel L jackson Aka "jules" from pulp fiction

"We can't run. We can't pass. We can't stop the run. We can't stop the pass. We can't kick. Other than that, we're just not a very good football team right now." -BRUCE COSLET

similar to what romeo crenell is thinking... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

[quote name='BadassBengal' date='Sep 11 2005, 08:10 PM']"One can generally say this about men: that they are ungrateful, fickle, simulators and deceivers, avoiders of danger, greedy for gain; and while you work for their good they are completely yours, offerying you their blood, their property, their lives, and their sons when danger is far away; but when it comes nearer to you, they turn away"
"A prudent ruler cannot, and must not honour his word when it places him at a disadvantage and when the reasons for which he made his promise no longer exist. And if men were all good, this rule would not be good; but since men are a sorry lot and will not keep their promises to you, you likewise need not keep yours to them. But one must know how to colour one's actions and to be a great liar and deceiver."
[right][post="146947"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Someone's been reading "The Prince"

What do you think BAB? Personally it was probably the most influential read for me at the time I read it.. Being young as I was, it was an eye opening experience.

Everything is based on the mind, is led by mind, is fashioned by mind. If you speak and act with a polluted mind, suffering will follow you, as the wheels of the oxcart follow the footsteps of the ox. Everything is based on the mind, is led by mind, is fashioned by mind. If you speak and act with a pure mind, happiness will follow you, as a shadow clings to a form.

THE BUDDHA

• 3 weeks later...

Archived