2021 Mock Draft Simulators

So...I am 100% where Goodberry is on this. It's why I am so desperate for them to do what they need to in FA to attack o-line to free up #5 so if Chase is there (or Pitts), they can go that way. I don't want reaching at o-line. Once you clear Sewell, the other candidates for #5 are guys like Chase, Pitts, Waddle. Most anyone else would be a real reach. No reaching. 

Also, choose your fighter. Devonta Smith on left, Justin Jefferson in middle, Chase on right - does this pic make anyone do a double take on the Smith-is-too-small take? Justin Jefferson and Smith look a LOT alike in build.   Ja'Marr Chase looks effin' built for the AFC North...

If it were possible to marry a mock draft, this one would be my betrohed (Jenkins is my favorite target for top of round 2 should be fall that far...)

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-mock-draft-atlanta-falcons-trade-up-for-qb-justin-fields-denver-broncos-acquire-deshaun-watson

5. CINCINNATI BENGALS: WR JA’MARR CHASE, LSU

The city of Cincinnati — the home of PFF HQ — and I have some strong disagreements about taking Penei Sewell with the fifth overall pick no matter what. It's not because I don’t think that Penei Sewell will have success at the next level, but rather because I think that Chase's ceiling is significantly more valuable than that of an offensive tackle. The Bengals have a clear path to fix their offensive line in free agency, and this would reunite one of the best QB-WR connections in college football history.

The former LSU receiver opted out of the 2020 season but was dominant alongside Burrow and Justin Jefferson in 2019. Chase and Burrow teamed up for more deep catches (24) and touchdowns (14) than any other QB-WR connection in the PFF College era in their championship run in 2019. Chase still ranked second among all college wide receivers over the last two seasons in total explosive receptions of 15-plus yards against single coverage despite not even playing this year. He was that good.

Chase’s physicality and release package are NFL-ready, and those two strengths equated to massive success against press coverage. Since 2019, Chase ranks first in total receiving yards against press coverage, with 1,048. Again, he did not play a down this season. He easily has the potential to become one of the best wide receivers in the game.

38. CINCINNATI BENGALS: T TEVEN JENKINS, OKLAHOMA STATE
The ideal scenario for the Bengals’ offensive line this offseason would be the following: 1) Bring guard Joe Thuney back home in free agency, 2) sign a low-cost right tackle in free agency, such as Matt Feiler or Kelvin Beachum, to a one- or two-year deal and 3) draft a right tackle with the 38th overall pick. Burrow will be protected and prospering when he returns from injury if Cincy obliges.

Jenkins was a mainstay on the Pokes’ offensive line over the past three years and performed at a high level in each campaign. The lack of true pass sets Oklahoma State tasked him with is a bit of a concern. Just 128 of his 946 snaps in the past three years were a true pass set. That said, Jenkins posted an elite 90.0 pass-blocking grade on those snaps, which would have been the best at the position had he played enough snaps to qualify.

On top of that, Jenkins also posted the second-best run-block grade among right tackles over the course of that span. He has the upper-body strength to handle NFL edge rushers. The only concern is Jenkins' shorter arm length, which — as PFF lead draft analyst Mike Renner detailed in his tackle rankings — could move him inside at the next level. Either way, the Bengals could use a guy like Jenkins.

2 hours ago, membengal said:

If it were possible to marry a mock draft, this one would be my betrohed (Jenkins is my favorite target for top of round 2 should be fall that far...)

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-mock-draft-atlanta-falcons-trade-up-for-qb-justin-fields-denver-broncos-acquire-deshaun-watson

5. CINCINNATI BENGALS: WR JA’MARR CHASE, LSU

The city of Cincinnati — the home of PFF HQ — and I have some strong disagreements about taking Penei Sewell with the fifth overall pick no matter what. It's not because I don’t think that Penei Sewell will have success at the next level, but rather because I think that Chase's ceiling is significantly more valuable than that of an offensive tackle. The Bengals have a clear path to fix their offensive line in free agency, and this would reunite one of the best QB-WR connections in college football history.

The former LSU receiver opted out of the 2020 season but was dominant alongside Burrow and Justin Jefferson in 2019. Chase and Burrow teamed up for more deep catches (24) and touchdowns (14) than any other QB-WR connection in the PFF College era in their championship run in 2019. Chase still ranked second among all college wide receivers over the last two seasons in total explosive receptions of 15-plus yards against single coverage despite not even playing this year. He was that good.

Chase’s physicality and release package are NFL-ready, and those two strengths equated to massive success against press coverage. Since 2019, Chase ranks first in total receiving yards against press coverage, with 1,048. Again, he did not play a down this season. He easily has the potential to become one of the best wide receivers in the game.

38. CINCINNATI BENGALS: T TEVEN JENKINS, OKLAHOMA STATE
The ideal scenario for the Bengals’ offensive line this offseason would be the following: 1) Bring guard Joe Thuney back home in free agency, 2) sign a low-cost right tackle in free agency, such as Matt Feiler or Kelvin Beachum, to a one- or two-year deal and 3) draft a right tackle with the 38th overall pick. Burrow will be protected and prospering when he returns from injury if Cincy obliges.

Jenkins was a mainstay on the Pokes’ offensive line over the past three years and performed at a high level in each campaign. The lack of true pass sets Oklahoma State tasked him with is a bit of a concern. Just 128 of his 946 snaps in the past three years were a true pass set. That said, Jenkins posted an elite 90.0 pass-blocking grade on those snaps, which would have been the best at the position had he played enough snaps to qualify.

On top of that, Jenkins also posted the second-best run-block grade among right tackles over the course of that span. He has the upper-body strength to handle NFL edge rushers. The only concern is Jenkins' shorter arm length, which — as PFF lead draft analyst Mike Renner detailed in his tackle rankings — could move him inside at the next level. Either way, the Bengals could use a guy like Jenkins.

If that scenario plays out fine..

Cant understand why they are waiting on trade for Havensein unless they are putting their eggs on Sewell being there or trading back and grabbing Darrishaw..

Chase may be a helluva receiver but like I stated hes not going to keep JBs knees safe..

Gimme Sewell trade back for Darrishaw and lastly draft Chase and hope they do due dilligence protecting their QB elsewhere..

If not its gonna be another bad season...

Btw ...im not that giddy about Jenkins...

1 hour ago, membengal said:

Daniel Jermiah's latest top 50...

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-s-top-50-2021-nfl-draft-prospect-rankings-2-0

Of note for many of our discussions in here:

Chase 2
Pitts 3
Waddle 6
Slater 7
Smith8
Sewell 9

Hes opinion...definately not mine but whatever..

7 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Id like him to waddle on the field for Bengals but not at 5..

Lil fella and not every munchkin is Tyreek Hill...

Exactly right. I’m just not a big fan of guys that rely solely on speed...especially when they’re little fellas. 

Archived