Keeping our enemies close: 2023

On 12/4/2023 at 7:39 PM, Le Tigre said:

Oh yeah…that was the time in the Spanish Pyrenees when we were driving a rental Peugeot in which the radio wouldn’t work unless the windshield wipers were on. 

I remember it well. 

It was a Citroen.  Which is French for "Lemon".  And it was the headlights - if they were on the radio had no power.

Same car we gave a ride to Peter Hadhazy and, I believe, Ken Einhorn in after the team buses left Montjuic for the hour-long drive from Barcelona to Santa Suzana.

I remember it weller.  ; )

• Upvote 1

But we don't play the Glory or Dragons this year, and this is an "enemies" thread.... so circling us back onto topic.

We play Dolts, needing to pass them if we're to get into the Wildcard mix.  A win draws us even and gives us the tiebreak over them (like we have over Buffalo).  Then the Dolts play a rested Stealers team who has the tiebreak over US and who we also need to pass to get into the mix. But there might be an advantage to the Dolts losing that game 

Hear me out.  Consider what might happen if the whole AFC North gets into the playoffs.  Someone has to finish 4th, and right now it's us by a game AND all the tiebreakers, so call it a game and a half.  There are only five games to play.

I have every confidence that playing at home or away for any playoff games will make no difference - just get in and let the team do the rest.  But regardless we get a 4th place schedule next year.  That's Carolina (Andy), New England (Zappe) and Vegas (who knows?) while BAL would get Atlanta (The Riddler), Miami (Tua) and KC (Mahomes), CFT gets Tampa (Mayfly), Buffalo (Allen) and Denver (Russ), and PIT gets New Orleans (Carr), Jets (Rodgers?) and Chargers (Herbert) (based on current standings).

• Upvote 1