Bengals Training Camp and Pre-season Thread -News and Obs - 2023

27 minutes ago, dex said:

Looks like DJ Ivey is still running with the 1st string

^ Ivey is going to be very hard to keep off the field this season I think. When I first saw him standing next to the WRs, I felt his body type and 6'5 wingspan at only 6'0 would translate well.

16 hours ago, membengal said:

Been a slower news day to my eye, not a ton of video or on-site notes hitting what's left of my twitter timeline. I think it is a special teams heavy work day, which may partially explain it. 

Part of what made it a slower news day was that both QBs struggled to throw the ball effectively, which made it very difficult for the receivers/DB to contest each other. In fact, Hobson gave his Play of the Day to Charlie Jones for preventing an interception by ripping the ball out of Ivey's hands. The first practice in pads was dominated by the defense in large part because of poor QB play. It was a big contrast to the great Monday practice where the balls were thrown much better, and the receivers were making great plays against CBs who were all over them.

I did listen to the James Rapien podcast where he said Chase Brown had his best practice so far. He also that Charlie Jones had stacked together two great practices back to back. So that was good to hear.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, membengal said:

Thanks .

fwiw, I am pretty sure I can make the trip and will be there at practice in person on Friday, so can relate first hand impressions.

Go-Bengals.com with our own on-field practice correspondent? That would be incredible 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1