Johnny D-bag is in the news again...

tibor75

Not sure I'll watch or not.  On the one hand, it may be amusing.  On the other, do we need to glorify losers like Johnny Douchbag?  He failed in life and failed in the NFL. 

Hopefully they show the Bengals beating the shit out of him.  that would be a plus

And I have no doubt his "suicide" attempt is a total lie. 

https://www.goodbullhunting.com/2023/8/7/23822812/johnny-manziel-documentary-premieres-on-netflix-tomorrow-texas-am-aggies-college-football

2 hours ago, tibor75 said:

Not sure I'll watch or not.  On the one hand, it may be amusing.  On the other, do we need to glorify losers like Johnny Douchbag?  He failed in life and failed in the NFL. 

Hopefully they show the Bengals beating the shit out of him.  that would be a plus

And I have no doubt his "suicide" attempt is a total lie. 

https://www.goodbullhunting.com/2023/8/7/23822812/johnny-manziel-documentary-premieres-on-netflix-tomorrow-texas-am-aggies-college-football

Maybe he tried to shoot himself and missed the target.

• Like 1

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/johnny-manziel-admits-watched-zero-film-nfl

In the most recent edition of Netflix's "Untold" documentary series, which highlighted Manziel's career, he admitted he did not watch any film in the NFL.

Manziel's former agent, Erik Burkhardt, said he received calls from the Browns saying Manziel's "iPad hours is 0.00." 

Manziel confirmed that was the case, saying he watched "zero" tape.

The 30-year-old made it quite clear in the documentary that he had zero interest of being in Cleveland.

"Didn't take me very long to be in Cleveland to find out that I wasn't going to be happy there," Manziel said in the doc, via CBS Sports. "I had every single thing that I could have ever wanted. You have money, you have fame, you're a first-round draft pick battling for a starting quarterback position. And when I got everything that I wanted, I think I was the most empty that I've ever felt inside."

"I would sit in my condo in Cleveland downtown and just feel like it was the only place that I could get away from everybody and anything," Manziel continued. "And I would look out those windows every day and I just felt empty. I went from one fishbowl city to another, and I wanted nothing to do with football. I wanted nothing to do with stepping on that field. And I had bigger issues in my life than being able to go out and play free-spirited, flowing football."

If anyone has the time and likes podcasts, there is a good one called Crime in Sports - two comics that just shit on their subject for like 2 hours... the one on Manziel was good.

They've also done one on Corey Dillon, Burfict, Pacman, and Stanley Wilson Sr.

Even if you don’t like the guy (I don’t), it’s well worth watching, IMO.

It’s a pretty amazing story, really… a guy from a smallish high school. Goes to a power 5 program in the best college conference in the country, where there were many doubters about TX A&M’s ability to compete. Has a monster year - as a freshman, beating teams like Alabama in the process, causes football mania all across the state, helps to bring in millions and millions of dollars to the school through the football team’s success…. Huge increase in student applications, flooded $ donations, expansion of the stadium and the physical plant. Then he wins the Heisman, and gets picked in round one. Then his self-destructive tendencies end his career, and his best friend/business manager is AWOL from his life. Crazy. (There, you don’t have to watch now!) 

interestingly, while there were other examples through the years, what he was doing with the autographs, etc. was another precursor to where we now are with the NIL stuff. 

• 2 weeks later...

Watched this this weekend. Same story of a kid with talent that got by on his talent until the talent wasn't the only thing he could do. Didn't bother with working hard after high school and didn't have the structure from coaches at A&M, and Kingsburry came off as a guy who only cared about his record and not his players, like at all. Manzell was a frat boy who needed structure but because he was so good in college he got away with far too much. Clearly he has some issues he needs to deal with, the people surrounding him, other than maybe his parents, were enabling it though.