Palestine and Israel

PatternMaster

9 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

With the Palestinians getting another free and fair election to vote out Hamas amd with Netanyahu replaced. Both sides need leadership that is serious about the peace process. And foe Isreal that might mean treating the Palestinian people as more than prisoners in their own home 

Fair enough..

5 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

With the Palestinians getting another free and fair election to vote out Hamas amd with Netanyahu replaced. Both sides need leadership that is serious about the peace process. And foe Isreal that might mean treating the Palestinian people as more than prisoners in their own home 

Jamie, I'm surprised at you. Who killed Yitzak Rabin?

35 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

How do you feel about the Isrealis releasing Palenstinian hostages

I think the present 3 to 1 ratiio in exchanges isn't right but Hamas needs 

Innocent souls as sheilds because once this is over Israel will annilate Gaza to a point Noone will want to live in the rubble left.

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

I think the present 3 to 1 ratiio in exchanges isn't right but Hamas needs 

Innocent souls as sheilds because once this is over Israel will annilate Gaza to a point Noone will want to live in the rubble left.

Interesting...so did it ever occur to you that October 7th was an action that was aimed at getting back the over 2,000 women and children being held hostage by Israel?

https://theintercept.com/2022/07/13/israel-rachel-corrie-shireen-abu-akleh-killings/

EARLY TWO DECADES before Israeli forces killed Palestinian American journalist Shireen Abu Akleh, shooting a single bullet into her head while she was reporting from the occupied West Bank city of Jenin, an Israeli soldier drove a bulldozer over American peace activist Rachel Corrie, crushing her to death.

Both killings left little real doubt about the dynamics at play. Abu Akleh was standing with a group of colleagues, wearing a vest clearly marked “PRESS,” nowhere near the fighting that had taken place earlier that morning. Corrie was nonviolently protesting the demolition of a Palestinian family’s home in Gaza. She was wearing a fluorescent orange jacket with reflective stripes and had been on the scene for several hours, at times speaking into a megaphone.

https://apnews.com/article/palestinians-israel-prisoner-exchange-hostage-92545883b1fef86fb9b34549b7deca58

Tears fell down his father Khalil Brahma’s cheeks as he brought his son down from his shoulders and looked him in the eye for the first time in seven months. Israeli forces had arrested Jamal at his home in the Palestinian city of Jericho last spring and detained him without charge or trial....

A prisoner release touches Palestinian society to its core. Almost every Palestinian has a relative in jail – or has been there himself. Human rights groups estimate that over 750,000 Palestinians have passed through Israeli prisons since Israel captured the West Bank, Gaza and east Jerusalem in 1967.

3 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

There are over 7,500 Palestinian hostages being held by Israel in prisons, many are being held without any evidence or right to a trial....that is terrorism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_prisoners_in_Israel#:~:text=Israel holds about 4%2C500 Palestinian,the right to a trial.

I don't like the idea of detaining people against their will so Israeli is no Saint in humanitarian efforts.

It's alll so inhumane in the Middle East.

Ive never lived in countries like that.

Doubt you have either.

19 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

I don't like the idea of detaining people against their will so Israeli is no Saint in humanitarian efforts.

It's alll so inhumane in the Middle East.

Ive never lived in countries like that.

Doubt you have ever.

We are currently living in a country that does that...it doesn't happen to people who look like you but it does happen to people who look like me and other "minorities"...

1 hour ago, PatternMaster said:

We are currently living in a country that does that...it doesn't happen to people who look like you but it does happen to people who look like me and other "minorities"...

I understand how fuckin ignorant people are in general..

I've often thought  if people never mentioned race in a derogatory way would feelings sooth out.