Palestine and Israel

PatternMaster

11 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

So you and Jamie skirt the reason for no wall..no border control.

Just let whoever in.

Your both are unreasonably able to a answer why this dunce wants open borders...

Wanna go into the crime rate next?

Fools led by grndiose ideas that 

aren't sensible and very dangerous to the country 

So in your mind, a wall equals border control...that is a very simplistic view and not based in reality. 

No evidence says that building a wall will make us safer as a country or decrease illegal immigration. It's just a ridiculous idea from a treasonous lunatic named Donald Trump that some of his sycophants have latched on to as the magical solution for illegal immigration

https://www.brookings.edu/articles/the-wall-the-real-costs-of-a-barrier-between-the-united-states-and-mexico/#:~:text=But no matter how tall,the administration ends up building.

So is to be the wall that President Donald Trump promises to build along the border. But no matter how tall and thick a wall will be, illicit flows will cross.

Undocumented workers and drugs will still find their way across any barrier the administration ends up building. And such a wall will be irrelevant to those people who become undocumented immigrants by overstaying their visas—who for many years have outnumbered those who become undocumented immigrants by crossing the U.S.–Mexico border.

Nor will the physical wall enhance U.S. security.

The border, and more broadly how the United States defines its relations with Mexico, directly affects the 12 million people who live within 100 miles of the border. In multiple and very significant ways that have not been acknowledged or understood it will also affect communities all across the United States as well as Mexico.

14 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

So you and Jamie skirt the reason for no wall..no border control.

Just let whoever in.

Your both are unreasonably able to a answer why this dunce wants open borders...

Why do you folks on the right keep lying about open borders? Nobody has ever supported that. Are you really completely incapable of thinking on your own without repeating these talking points?

Do you really want the honest reason why this is happening?

Because our politicians used the CIA during the Regan era to destabilize South America so badly that their people are fleeing these countries now for fear of their own safety.  And @Homer_Rice probably knows better than I do, but it's likely it goes further back to the Cuban Missle crisis even before Reagan. 

And they do this because they have their own grandiose ideas about fighting "communism".

We are basically dealing with Cold War fallout.

You don't fix that with a wall. And you don't tell people fleeing their country seeking asylum....which is entirely legal and protected.... not to come (I'm looking at you Kamala Harris)

Yeah, I could, Jamie. In fact I am currently doing a thing on the differences between the Monroe doctrine and it's intent, and how it was perverted over the years, particularly in the late 19th century. People tend to lump these diverging "intents" together and it's one reason our citizenry is fucked up and really poorly-informed about foreign policy.

But let's stay on track for this thread. The war in Southwest Asia just might spread into a regional war, which of course is very dangerous for world peace.

Recent readings:

Chickens in the Middle East [i] Feb 1

Palestinians demand international inquiry after mass grave found in Gaza Feb 1 - oops!

Message of Yemenis to Europeans Jan 28 - government statement

Biden-Backed Bipartisan Senate Bill Targets Key Humanitarian Aid For Palestinians Feb 5 - defunding UNRWA

AIPAC of Lies Feb 6 - nothing new years, been going on for decades

Asymmetries Feb 6 - regional war?

Chris Hedges: Let Them Eat Dirt Feb 8 - starvation

False Alternative Feb 8 - internal Israeli politics

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Why do you folks on the right keep lying about open borders? Nobody has ever supported that. Are you really completely incapable of thinking on your own without repeating these talking points?

Do you really want the honest reason why this is happening?

Because our politicians used the CIA during the Regan era to destabilize South America so badly that their people are fleeing these countries now for fear of their own safety.  And @Homer_Rice probably knows better than I do, but it's likely it goes further back to the Cuban Missle crisis even before Reagan. 

And they do this because they have their own grandiose ideas about fighting "communism".

We are basically dealing with Cold War fallout.

You don't fix that with a wall. And you don't tell people fleeing their country seeking asylum....which is entirely legal and protected.... not to come (I'm looking at you Kamala Harris)

You tell immigrants they need documents to enter.

Asylum seekers?

Some maybe but many terrorists as well.

Your idea of open borders is scary.

9 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

You tell immigrants they need documents to enter.

Asylum seekers?

Some maybe but many terrorists as well.

Your idea of open borders is scary.

Again, nobody has called for open borders. Why do you keep repeating this lie?

Also, how did this get off the topic of Palestine and Israel?

6 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Again, nobody has called for open borders. Why do you keep repeating this lie?

Also, how did this get off the topic of Palestine and Israel?

We have Open Borders.

Wtf are you saying?

Like who can't come in?

Noone..

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/8/2024 at 8:20 PM, claptonrocks said:

Someone explains to you why a border wall is an absolutely pointless boondoggle so you move the goalposts to open borders, which is not actually something anyone has suggested.  And then call the people trying to reason with you unreasonable.. Classic.  It's the old "playing chess with a pigeon" scenario every time.

Wait are you for a border wall & moat with sharks with friggin laser beams attached to their heads or not? 

Sure! It's been steadily decreasing for the past 20 years at least:

ft_2022.10.31_violent-crime_02c.png?resi

The "Border Wall" is nothing but a ridiculously expensive monument to racism.  Can't you just put up another bronze statue of Nathan Bedford Forrest in Biloxi or some shit and save a few billion taxpayer dollars? You're supposed to be conservatives, remember?

33 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Someone explains to you why a border wall is an absolutely pointless boondoggle so you move the goalposts to open borders, which is not actually something anyone has suggested.  And then call the people trying to reason with you unreasonable.. Classic.  It's the old "playing chess with a pigeon" scenario every time.

Wait are you for a border wall & moat with sharks with friggin laser beams attached to their heads or not? 

Sure! It's been steadily decreasing for the past 20 years at least:

ft_2022.10.31_violent-crime_02c.png?resi

The "Border Wall" is nothing but a ridiculously expensive monument to racism.  Can't you just put up another bronze statue of Nathan Bedford Forrest in Biloxi or some shit and save a few billion taxpayer dollars? You're supposed to be conservatives, remember?

I respect your feelings Dub.

https://apnews.com/article/israel-palestinian-authority-government-explainer-aefe041e045f2c60918b42f42185f41e

The Palestinian Authority’s prime minister announced his government’s resignation on Monday, seen as the first step in a reform process urged by the United States as part of its latest ambitious plans to resolve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

But it will do little to address the authority’s longstanding lack of legitimacy among its own people or its strained relations with Israel. Both pose major obstacles to U.S. plans calling for the PA, which administers parts of the Israeli-occupied West Bank, to govern postwar Gaza ahead of eventual statehood.

That’s assuming that the war in Gaza ends with the defeat of the Hamas militant group — an Israeli and U.S. goal that seems elusive nearly five months into the grueling war that has killed almost 30,000 Palestinians and pushed the territory to the brink of famine.

4 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

The Palestinian Authority’s prime minister announced his government’s resignation on Monday, seen as the first step in a reform process urged by the United States as part of its latest ambitious plans to resolve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

West Bank, not Gaza.

"I watched her vomit and then I watched her die..."

"Ignoring Immolators Lulls the Society to Sleep: Aaron Bushnell at the Israeli Embassy: "FREE PALESTINE!"  The video is very NSFW.

6 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

When they equate Hamas with the Palestinian people then say they intend to "defeat" them that is only achievable through genocide.

Biden's support for it may just cost him reelection & maybe we deserve what'll happen next for allowing this to go on.

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Biden's support for it may just cost him reelection & maybe we deserve what'll happen next for allowing this to go on.

Later this year will be the 50th anniversary of my enlisting in the US Navy. Vietnam was mostly over, but still a thing. There has always been tension in my thoughts about how the Navy was pretty good to me, but how that personal goodness came wrapped in a veil of evil. Our foreign policy then, and now, and every goddamned day in between makes me ashamed to be a citizen. I've tried to kick in my two bits worth of decency over the years, but that hasn't amounted to any more than spit in a rainstorm. In my lifetime, the US has consistently ratcheted itself downward and we passed the point of no return some time ago. It's a multi-polar world now, and piling up the bodies--as the US is so prone to do--won't save us in the final outcome, as much as those mental midgets we call leaders think it might do.

• Upvote 3

More than 100 killed while seeking aid in Gaza, overall death toll passes 30,000

Gaza health authorities said Israeli forces on Thursday shot dead more than 100 Palestinians as they waited for an aid delivery, but Israel blamed the deaths on crowds that surrounded aid trucks, saying victims had been trampled or run over.

At least 112 people were killed and more than 280 wounded in the incident near Gaza City, Palestinian health officials said.

Hamas issued a statement rejecting the Israeli account.

It said the Health Ministry had presented "undeniable" evidence of "direct firing at citizens, including headshots aimed at immediate killing, in addition to the testimonies of all witnesses who confirmed being targeted with direct fire without posing any threat to the occupying army".

• Upvote 1

On 2/28/2024 at 9:30 PM, Homer_Rice said:

Later this year will be the 50th anniversary of my enlisting in the US Navy. Vietnam was mostly over, but still a thing. There has always been tension in my thoughts about how the Navy was pretty good to me, but how that personal goodness came wrapped in a veil of evil. Our foreign policy then, and now, and every goddamned day in between makes me ashamed to be a citizen. I've tried to kick in my two bits worth of decency over the years, but that hasn't amounted to any more than spit in a rainstorm. In my lifetime, the US has consistently ratcheted itself downward and we passed the point of no return some time ago. It's a multi-polar world now, and piling up the bodies--as the US is so prone to do--won't save us in the final outcome, as much as those mental midgets we call leaders think it might do.

I served in the Navy as well.

4 of the best yrs of my life.

Our Governments foreign policies have got us in deep shit thru the years.

Still I'm a Patriotic fool 100%

Blessed to live here .

• Upvote 1

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68490034?utm_source=join1440&utm_medium=email&utm_placement=newsletter

Israel's government has advanced plans for more than 3,400 new homes in settlements in the occupied West Bank.

About 70% of the homes will be built in Maale Adumim, east of Jerusalem, with the rest in nearby Kedar and Efrat, south of Bethlehem.

A minister has said the construction is a response to a deadly Palestinian attack near Maale Adumim two weeks ago.

The Palestinian Authority condemned the plans, which are reportedly the first to be approved since June.

Israel has built about 160 settlements housing some 700,000 Jews since it occupied the West Bank and East Jerusalem - land the Palestinians want as part of a future state - in the 1967 Middle East war.

The vast majority of the international community considers the settlements illegal under international law, although Israel disputes this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...