Palestine and Israel

PatternMaster

18 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Agree that it sucks but it's a UN bylaw, they do that for the death of any member state's leader as a matter of policy.  It's not like they made a decision to honor him individually.

That's why their group is a submissive 

weakling..

That and the laughable ICC mean nothing.

7 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

What a humanitarian you are.

Care to house some of these people,?

Didn't think so.

No country wants them..

I would trade the Palestinians and welcome them here if we can send the Trump supporters to Gaza. 

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

I would trade the Palestinians and welcome them here if we can send the Trump supporters to Gaza. 

Send them to Nogales de Sonora for a weekend and watch how fast their views on "border security" change. 

Totalitarian hardline views like theirs can only exist in a vacuum.  They've got no compassion for anybody or even room for nuance because their view of the world doesn't extend beyond the fenced-in area in front of their double-wides.  It's easy to hate that much of the world because they've experienced so little of it.

18 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

What a humanitarian you are.

Care to house some of these people,?

Didn't think so.

No country wants them..

You got me. I'm not Gandhi, nor am I Martin Luther King. I have, however, met many old-time Civil Rights heroes, and known a few as friends, and even worked a project with one whose name you can find in history books.

And that family from the DRC that I helped get settled in the U.S. was pretty cool to get to know. Taught the Father how to drive and he told me stories about how, after he was imprisoned by political goons from the State, they would beat the bottom of his feet such that he now walks with a permanent limp. I dunno, he could have been bullshitting, but I witnessed the limp.

And here's the thing. Plenty of people on this board have done many good things that might be considered humanitarian. But that's a big word so I prefer to break it down to this: being a decent human being. It doesn't take much, nor does it cost much, to act as though other humans mattered, and to offer a helping hand when one can. And, of course, we've all done shitty things, too. Stuff that is wrong and we know is wrong--stuff which shames us, stuff we won't do again if we are paying attention. That's life.

I'll tell you what I haven't done. I haven't walked through life in an oblivious manner, making the same mistakes over and over, while embracing the essence of evil, which is a refusal to learn from one's mistakes. Nor do I double down on that evil, trying to make a virtue of ignorance and taking pride in silly displays of that ignorance. Nor do I wish for bloody solutions or display a disregard for other human beings. That's something I learned as a kid--not only did I have decent parents, but I grew up in Bond Hill and Roselawn in the 60s. And that exposed me to a lot of Holocaust survivors, including the parents of some of my best friends.

I pay attention. I also work at improving my understanding. I know when massive injustices are being committed. But, I don't consider myself a humanitarian. I simply try to be a decent human being. There's lots of us out there and we outnumber guys like this purely evil Mayor, who not only wants to exterminate Gazans, he will not even grant them the status of human beings. Ants! He calls them ants. The greatest danger in this instance is that this is a member of the governing elite in that Country. And, of course, there are also a lot of mini-me evil minions who support and endorse this grossly evil policy. I don't advocate the murder of people I disagree with, but I do believe that people who are so depraved that they commit themselves to such blatantly anti-human policies ought to be marginalized. They ought to be shunted out of civilized discourse, and especially be made fun of and humiliated. Make sure they get three squares a day and have a place to hang their hat, let them live their miserable little lives in their miserable little ways. But keep them away from influencing policy in any way, shape or form, because that's how you end up with Germany in the 30s, and, closer to home, with a shitload of mindless drones willing to tear this country apart because an immoral and evil set of elite plantation owners want to preserve the ability to own other human beings as chattel.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Send them to Nogales de Sonora for a weekend and watch how fast their views on "border security" change.

I used to go to Nogales to buy gas back in the early 80s. We'd make a day trip through the Coronado National Forest, and then head further south to the border. I really liked Arizona and wish I could have found decent employment down there. Once came around a corner on one of those backroads on the way to Tombstone and had to hard brake because there was a big ass buffalo just standing there in the middle of the road. Don't see that every day!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Homer_Rice said:

I used to go to Nogales to buy gas back in the early 80s. We'd make a day trip through the Coronado National Forest, and then head further south to the border. I really liked Arizona and wish I could have found decent employment down there. Once came around a corner on one of those backroads on the way to Tombstone and had to hard brake because there was a big ass buffalo just standing there in the middle of the road. Don't see that every day!

Got friends from there & around Cochise County. Lot of "army brats" from Huachuca. Some with family on both sides of the fence. As they say "we didn't cross the border, the border crossed us."

That southern AZ buffalo herd once ranged all the way across NM into west Texas. Hard to imagine.

On 5/26/2024 at 6:42 PM, T-Dub said:

Got friends from there & around Cochise County. Lot of "army brats" from Huachuca. Some with family on both sides of the fence. As they say "we didn't cross the border, the border crossed us."

That southern AZ buffalo herd once ranged all the way across NM into west Texas. Hard to imagine.

Yeah, I was in Sierra Vista. Buddy of mine was at Ft. Huachuca for obvious, non-obvious reasons. Beautiful part of the world, if you can appreciate a certain amount of sparseness.

1 hour ago, Homer_Rice said:

Yeah, I was in Sierra Vista. Buddy of mine was at Ft. Huachuca for obvious, non-obvious reasons. Beautiful part of the world, if you can appreciate a certain amount of sparseness.

I very much can, the biodiversity is surprisingly unmatched outside of the rainforests.  The microbiomes in the mountains are amazing.  Really enjoy hunting for petroglyphs & foraging.  Last fall I hiked out to an abandoned Army fort turned POW camp (aka reservation) from the Yavapai & Apache wars..  There were still old mess tins & such laying around the site.  Even found a pea-sized bone bead under a bush when I stopped to re-lace my boots.  Of course I left it where I found it.

• 2 weeks later...

4 hostages rescued...  but reports of 200+ dead.. in a refugee camp..

reading an Israeli commando team used an aid vehicle to enter the camp..  US forces involved & the pier built for "humanitarian relief" was also used.. that in itself is an incredibly dangerous precedent & paints a target on any legitimate aid or medical worker.. particularly those serving as mediators or ostensibly neutral contacts with any other current or future hostages.

Really hard to figure out what's true but if even half the Palestinian dead were civilians IDK how anyone calls that a successful raid.  Imagine a hostage situation in an apartment complex where the hostages are freed but everyone that lived there was killed. I know it's not exactly the same but it still strikes me as a callous sort of math where some lives are assumed worthless.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2024 at 2:59 AM, T-Dub said:

4 hostages rescued...  but reports of 200+ dead.. in a refugee camp..

reading an Israeli commando team used an aid vehicle to enter the camp..  US forces involved & the pier built for "humanitarian relief" was also used.. that in itself is an incredibly dangerous precedent & paints a target on any legitimate aid or medical worker.. particularly those serving as mediators or ostensibly neutral contacts with any other current or future hostages.

Really hard to figure out what's true but if even half the Palestinian dead were civilians IDK how anyone calls that a successful raid.  Imagine a hostage situation in an apartment complex where the hostages are freed but everyone that lived there was killed. I know it's not exactly the same but it still strikes me as a callous sort of math where some lives are assumed worthless.

Hamas doesn't care about lives.

They stored their weapons and headquarters under schools and hospitals in a show of repulsive inhumanity to the people there.

27 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Hamas doesn't care about lives.

They stored their weapons and headquarters under schools and hospitals in a show of repulsive inhumanity to the people there.

Sounds like a good excuse to blow up all the hospitals 

3 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Sigh...

If a terrorist cell was hiding under your local elementary school how do you think it should be handled?

I'm guessing you wouldn't recommend bombing said school.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

If a terrorist cell was hiding under your local elementary school how do you think it should be handled?

I'm guessing you wouldn't recommend bombing said school.

Touche on that.

I hate wars.

3 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

That's the insanity liberals would propose.

I would take 1000 Rumble in the Jungle's from this site (who is Palistinan) over ever 1 Trump supporter.

4 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I would take 1000 Rumble in the Jungle's from this site (who is Palistinan) over ever 1 Trump supporter.

Allright then.

I would take an American over any other country.

We choose differently .

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Stop with these  nonsensical idiots parading as journalists  who read a teleprompter by their  liberal networks they earn a living by ...

I hate Wars but who started this?

Iran and their blood thirsty constituents..

Hiding their weapons and headquarters beneath hosps and schools is a total definition of evil.

I don't believe the USA would ever 

stock their items in places as these heathens do.

Make no mistake about Muslim  cultures that Hate Christianity and western civilization as we see it.

Ask any Iranian N Korean or Palestinian if they live a life of freedom and how they're lived are affected by these monstrous regimes..

Horrific lives they must live.

Total depraved society .. leaders are demons all..

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Stop with these  nonsensical idiots parading as journalists  who read a teleprompter by their  liberal networks they earn a living by ...

I hate Wars but who started this?

Iran and their blood thirsty constituents..

Hiding their weapons and headquarters beneath hosps and schools is a total definition of evil.

I don't believe the USA would ever 

stock their items in places as these heathens do.

Make no mistake about Muslim  cultures that Hate Christianity and western civilization as we see it.

Ask any Iranian N Korean or Palestinian if they live a life of freedom and how they're lived are affected by these monstrous regimes..

Horrific lives they must live.

Total depraved society .. leaders are demons all..

Jesus Christ, do you need your handheld to get through to the point here?

Also, Krystal is a lefty....Sagar used to work for Tucker Carlson...he is hardly a lefty. That's the point of a show like this. It's not a "liberal" show.

The point here is that one of two things happened per the report comes from ISREAL media...not "liberal" or even "conservative" here.

The damned IDF document was reported on by a group of women that reported that they knew what Hamas had planned BEFORE the attack.

So one of two things happened

`1. There was misogyny that made the superiors ignore these women 

2. Isreal knew what was going to happen and allowed it to happen so they could have a pre-cursor to go into Gaza with very little objection

Don't be so damned naive. This has been pointed out to you more than once, there was a significant group of Isreal citizens protesting Netanyahu before all this started.

What is the quickest and best way to quell a protest like that?

Allow an attack to happen.

It comes down to this quote 

“Why of course the people don't want war. Why should some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally the common people don't want war neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship.

Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.”

Hermann Goering, Germany Reborn