Building the Bengals 2024 Edition: Roster at 63/90

32 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Trades like that happen all the time. There are teams with bad rosters or cap issues who need multiple cheap players and will trade down for more picks. 

Could you name one?

49 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

There's lots. Just go look at the wiki article for last year's draft or pretty much any year. One team trades up to get a specific player and the other trades down to get more picks. 

In return for bottom of the 6th round picks?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

There's lots. Just go look at the wiki article for last year's draft or pretty much any year. One team trades up to get a specific player and the other trades down to get more picks. 

Understood but a 4th for two 6th comps?

GMs get fired over moves like that.

5 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Understood by a 4th for two 6th comps?

GMs get fired over moves like that.

Not to nit picks, but BJ suggested trading THREE 6th rounders (2 comps & 1 regular) for a 4th.  Should be easy enough to look up the trade value chart to confirm how realistic that is, but I'm just too lazy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, esjbh2 said:

Not to nit picks, but BJ suggested trading THREE 6th rounders (2 comps & 1 regular) for a 4th.  Should be easy enough to look up the trade value chart to confirm how realistic that is, but I'm just too lazy.

Your right.

Question ..

Would the Bengals trade their 4th for 

3 6ths?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Your right.

Question ..

Would the Bengals trade their 4th for 

3 6ths?

So according to https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=cin it appears ON PAPER as though a middle of the 5th is more realistic for our three 6ths.  However, to Sparky's point, there are teams that are looking to add cheap quantity (cap hell?) over quality, and the trade value chart is just a rough guide and always has glaring exceptions every year.  To answer your question, no I wouldn't expect the Bengals to trade their 4th for three 6ths as I believe the Bengals are looking for quality over quantity with plenty of cap space.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

So according to https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=cin it appears ON PAPER as though a middle of the 5th is more realistic for our three 6ths.  However, to Sparky's point, there are teams that are looking to add cheap quantity (cap hell?) over quality, and the trade value chart is just a rough guide and always has glaring exceptions every year.  To answer your question, no I wouldn't expect the Bengals to trade their 4th for three 6ths as I believe the Bengals are looking for quality over quantity with plenty of cap space.

Good points..

You may have heard the Wall Street saying that "differences of opinion are what make markets". It's the same thing in NFL trading. There are a number of different charts, which are used by teams. They don't need to be using the same chart to make a deal. Some of the charts are based on trades actually made in the league. Some are based on career value of the players picked at various slots. Some are based on value during rookie contracts, etc. So pick 1 might be worth a thousand times what pick 256 is on one chart and worth 50 times it on another. The latter is the sort of chart used by teams that prefer more bites at the apple. 

• Upvote 1

• MichaelWeston changed the title to Building the Bengals 2024 Edition: Roster at 53/90
  • MichaelWeston changed the title to Building the Bengals 2024 Edition: Roster at 61/90
  • 1 month later...
  • MichaelWeston changed the title to Building the Bengals 2024 Edition: Roster at 63/90