Divisional Round Playoff Games Thread

3 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Ravens fans chanted "fuck joe burrow" after he was hurt against them. 

Why bring a stick to a knife fight. When playing the Squeelers and Ravens it's by any means necessary

U right..😎

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BlackJesus said:

Or black. 

The stereotypical Mardi Gras colors though are gold, purple, green etc for New Orleans. 

So the Ravens repeat and the NFC is the Saints (at home) or the Packers.

:ninja:

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Panthers don't have any purple in their colors? It's only Ravens and Vikings. 

Sorry to confuse you.  LVII (Eagles-Chiefs) is what I meant.  My bad.

Eagles are green, but the logo has no green and seems to be linking their green logo to the teal part of the LVII badging.  There is no purple in the LVII badge.  The teal would imply Panthers, since I don't know of any other NFC team with teal in their primary logo.

Bolding colors is fun.  Thanks for teaching me how do to that.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

The strength of the Ravens is their drafting and the fact they usually scoop players the Bengals want before they can. Linderbaum etc. 

Whenever a player on my draft wishlist is taken by an opposing team, it's a good chance the Ravens took him. 

The Bengals just got unlucky to be in the toughest division in football and not get many gimme games. 

I believe the Inbreds want another mauler in the Oline ..

If we don't draft Muaga  (If he's there) they will .

• Upvote 1

Had the Packers held on to beat Frisco, the Lions would've had a chance to be the first team in NFL history to host three playoff games in the same post-season.

(I'm ignoring the 1982-83 playoffs where due to the player strike the league threw away division standings and invited 8 teams per conference into an expanded playoff tournament.  The #2 Dolphins and #1 Redskins both hosted three games enroute to their meeting in SB XVII)

This was impossible before the league added a 7th playoff team.  When there were six, all four division champs were guaranteed a home game (Seeds 1 & 2 in the Divisional Round, Seeds 3 & 4 in the Wild Card Round) with ONE team getting a 2nd home game in the Conference Championship.  The only way that wouldn't happen would be if the two Wild Card teams ran the table - in which case all 4 division champs and the #5 wild card would get one home game.

With the addition of a 7th team, it became possible for the #2 seed to get three home games (with help), or the #3 seed to get three (with a LOT of help). The #2 would only need to hold serve and have the #1 seed lose their Divisional game.  The #3 would need to hold serve, have the #2 get upset in the Wild Card round AND have the #1 seed lose in the Divisional.  Unlikely, but not a long shot by any means.

This year, Detroit would've been the first, as #2 Dallas shit the bed in the Wild Card round, and #1 San Fran was losing by 7 in the 2nd half in their Divisional game.  Guess we'll have to wait another year to see if this happens.

• Like 1

Could be that none of it makes a difference—and that “artistry” doesn’t contain any DaVinci Code bollocks at all? 

Prior to the season, the Rats were one of the lowest TV rated of the non-RatLand populace. Kermit/Josh some of the highest. Since the NFL is only motivated with pleasing corporate sponsorships and betting sites, a bad bet to be backing from the beginning were the boring/key players always hurt Rats. 

I still not real sure there is a monetary value for the league to have them ultimately be one of the two money makers in the Big Game. Hard to say: if SF is one of them, OK for a Rat appearance. Still, Kermit sells big-time…BUF….ehh dunno? DET? Perhaps. Baker? lol. 

Anyhow, DET up quick on Baker 3-0 so far 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Could be that none of it makes a difference—and that “artistry” doesn’t contain any DaVinci Code bollocks at all? 

Prior to the season, the Rats were one of the lowest TV rated of the non-RatLand populace. Kermit/Josh some of the highest. Since the NFL is only motivated with pleasing corporate sponsorships and betting sites, a bad bet to be backing from the beginning were the boring/key players always hurt Rats. 

I still not real sure there is a monetary value for the league to have them ultimately be one of the two money makers in the Big Game. Hard to say: if SF is one of them, OK for a Rat appearance. Still, Kermit sells big-time…BUF….ehh dunno? DET? Perhaps. Baker? lol. 

Anyhow, DET up quick on Baker 3-0 so far 

Tie now..

Pulling hard for the exciting Lions..

God knows the they've waited long enough for this opportunity..

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Tie now..

Pulling hard for the exciting Lions..

God knows the they've waited long enough for this opportunity..

Amon St. Brown is as good as it gets.

Slot guy that's everywhere.

Lions need another Wideout.

Higgins would be a great fit.

Now what can they offer for him?..😎

• Upvote 1

During yesterday's Rats game, I noticed for the umpteenth time that the painted "Baltimore" in the end zone had the M and O in a different color.

mo_2-1536x1024-31563709.png

I thought that maybe the ijits there thought they were in Missouri and not Maryland, but I finally looked up the reason.

https://www.pennlive.com/baltimore-ravens/2020/09/why-baltimore-ravens-end-zone-has-mo-painted-in-purple.html

Okay. That's a damn fine reason and a fitting tribute. Hats off.

They've been doing that for four seasons now, I feel silly that I might be the only one who didn't know the story.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Amon St. Brown is as good as it gets.

Slot guy that's everywhere.

Lions need another Wideout.

Higgins would be a great fit.

Now what can they offer for him?..😎

The only thing of value.

Not money.

Not players.

Certainly not wins.

Draft picks.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, saphead said:

I mean I want the Lions to win but I know Baker Mayfield having any success annoys Browns fans

I like Baker..tough guy and a rifle in him.

Detroit needs this one I badly..

Eminem is going bonkers..😎

• Upvote 1