4 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Cool we get it, the gun thing is a problem for you. Congrats.

Cool we get it, you don't care what he does so long as he's a very average RB in a Bengals uniform.  I'm sure you'll be getting a Xmas card.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

14 minute highlight reel LOL. 10 minutes must be dedicated to that Cleveland practice squad game where they were helping him hit all his contract escalators.

• Upvote 5

18 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

NM the road rage incident, his felon BIL shot a kid with Mixon's AK for having a Nerf fight on his suburban lawn.

Apparently he was able to buy his way out of trouble there but holy shit..  And then the team's reaction of "he smiles a lot" was just so incredibly tone-deaf and disconnected, I don't know if I'll ever understand it. 

So OK, let's say for the sake of argument he's actually an All-Pro RB and an absolute tank at blocking but they just don't want him to do it & everything is the OL's fault.

He gave his felon BIL an AK with which to shoot a kid for having a Nerf fight on his suburban lawn.  This guy is a team captain?  I don't know what that says about their locker room but it's not anything good.

As far a locker room camaraderie.

He was part of the team and they publicly said nothing negative..

His tenure here was alright but

hIs resistance to block for the team 

has hurt the passing game.

Time to move on .

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Cool we get it, you don't care what he does so long as he's a very average RB in a Bengals uniform.  I'm sure you'll be getting a Xmas card.

I dont care enough that it hasn't been an issue with the team.

Remember when you guys were convinced he was getting suspended?

That was fun.

12 minutes ago, JC said:

14 minute highlight reel LOL. 10 minutes must be dedicated to that Cleveland practice squad game where they were helping him hit all his contract escalators.

I did enjoy the things he was doing in it that apparently he cant do. lol

3 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Why do you consistently promote Mixon.

You like me him that much??

I don't get it.

Because this is a case of hacking at the branches and missing the root. It's not about liking or disliking Mixon, I really don't care one way or the other. It's the nonsense that gets spewed on here that is simply not the case. Joe runs fine when the line blocks for him. The people who keep going on about him being the problem completely miss the mark when Chase Brown has all of 0.1 YPC for the season more than Joe's 4.0 YPC. But for some reason, some here seem to think he's going to produce where Joe couldn't or that bringing in someone else is going to be the answer? 

I'm not falling for the groupthink on this, because that's what this has become.

Get guys who can run block and we will see things get better, until then you are just spinning your wheels and hacking at branches instead of the root.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Because this is a case of hacking at the branches and missing the root. It's not about liking or disliking Mixon, I really don't care one way or the other. It's the nonsense that gets spewed on here that is simply not the case. Joe runs fine when the line blocks for him. The people who keep going on about him being the problem completely miss the mark when Chase Brown has all of 0.1 YPC for the season more than Joe's 4.0 YPC. But for some reason, some here seem to think he's going to produce where Joe couldn't or that bringing in someone else is going to be the answer? 

I'm not falling for the groupthink on this, because that's what this has become.

Get guys who can run block and we will see things get better, until then you are just spinning your wheels and hacking at branches instead of the root.

Ok

Every running back in the league looks good when offensive linemen are getting helmets on linebackers and safeties. If that’s the qualifier for Joe Mixon being good, I’ve got some sobering news for you regarding what the line is going to consist of next year.

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, JC said:

Every running back in the league looks good when offensive linemen are getting helmets on linebackers and safeties. If that’s the qualifier for Joe Mixon being good, I’ve got some sobering news for you regarding what the line is going to consist of next year.

We don't know what to he Oline will look like yet.

Sign a FA,  draft a couple slobber knockers and it could be formidable.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JC said:

Considering the big news so far is bringing back Cody Ford like he wouldn't have still been hanging around in the parking lot come November should they need him... I am not optimistic.

Clearly

Joe Mixon is the same ineffective runner he was last season, checking in with the sixth most carries this campaign. Most of those haven't been pretty. According to PFF, among 41 qualified backs, Mixon ranks 31st in missed tackles forced per attempt, 28th in yards per carry, 36th in yards after contact per attempt, and 30th in breakaway percentage.”

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Run block..absolutely.

Are they that rare??

8 minutes ago, JC said:

Clearly

Joe Mixon is the same ineffective runner he was last season, checking in with the sixth most carries this campaign. Most of those haven't been pretty. According to PFF, among 41 qualified backs, Mixon ranks 31st in missed tackles forced per attempt, 28th in yards per carry, 36th in yards after contact per attempt, and 30th in breakaway percentage.”

B B But if the OLine opened huge holes, he would be so awesome!  🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Every RB would be fantastic if the Oline opened up holes to run through on every play. It’s the ones who find creases and exhibit patience where a secondary hole opens who separate themselves. And let’s not forget the pass blocking. Maybe if blitzers just wouldn’t run so hard towards him and run him over he would be so much more awesomer.  I mean, if they’re running with their full might, how do you expect anyone to be able to block them or even get in their way? Can’t blame Mixon apparently. 

See, clearly Mixon is a top back in this league who is beyond upgrade because it’s everyone else fault he’s not even more awesomer.  Clearly. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, IKOTA said:

B B But if the OLine opened huge holes, he would be so awesome!  🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Every RB would be fantastic if the Oline opened up holes to run through on every play. It’s the ones who find creases and exhibit patience where a secondary hole opens who separate themselves. And let’s not forget the pass blocking. Maybe if blitzers just wouldn’t run so hard towards him and run him over he would be so much more awesomer.  I mean, if they’re running with their full might, how do you expect anyone to be able to block them or even get in their way? Can’t blame Mixon apparently. 

See, clearly Mixon is a top back in this league who is beyond upgrade because it’s everyone else fault he’s not even more awesomer.  Clearly. 

Im serious when I say Mixon won't take on a Blitzer unless it's a corner..

I can see a scenario of Mixon  being in MBs office and says

I can't block those bigger guys .I could get hurt then where would we be ?

MBs reply is

Tks for your services..

.Joe knows it's over here 

• Upvote 1

I think his biggest issue is that he’s a big back with no balance. At 230 - he’s as big as most linebackers. He’s not going to outrun them but he should be running through contact. He doesn’t do that.

If they want to keep him on the roster, I think it’s a waste. But he should be taking all of his carries in short yardage and red zone. He’s not a threat to break one off because he’s slow and doesn’t break tackles. He’s pretty good at punching the ball in at the end zone and not fumbling. If they give him the ball 15 times a game next year they probably aren't going to win the AFCN. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, JC said:

I think his biggest issue is that he’s a big back with no balance. At 230 - he’s as big as most linebackers. He’s not going to outrun them but he should be running through contact. He doesn’t do that.

If they want to keep him on the roster, I think it’s a waste. But he should be taking all of his carries in short yardage and red zone. He’s not a threat to break one off because he’s slow and doesn’t break tackles. He’s pretty good at punching the ball in at the end zone and not fumbling. If they give him the ball 15 times a game next year they probably aren't going to win the AFCN. 

My problem with him is I don't  even trust him in short yardage 

• Upvote 1